Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Penguissimo posted:

pretend I photoshopped rotor using an ipod nano with his toes

no I will not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

I will always speak truth to power, I will not be silenced

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip
especially about actionscript or webos

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
webos-enabled touchscreen keyboards

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Blotto Skorzany posted:

especially about actionscript or webos

actionscript 3 was the best ecmascript :colbert:

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
eczemascript

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Cold on a Cob posted:

eczemascript

please, lets try to stay on topic.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

rotor posted:

please, lets try to stay on topic.

FINE I WILL

i added 2mm o-rings to my keyboard and they've definitely made it easier to type without accidentally bottoming out and jarring my fingers

heartily recommend them to anyone that has this problem!

they also make it slightly quieter fwiw

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i have a type heaven

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

Cold on a Cob posted:

they also make it slightly quieter fwiw

why would you do this?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

hifi posted:

i have a type heaven

me too. i like a little heaven when i type in hell

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/WYR_bot/status/1188049088547348483

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
attn: pram

pram
Jun 10, 2001
ahahaha

dick traceroute
Feb 24, 2010

Open the pod bay doors, Hal.
Grimey Drawer

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

pram posted:

ahahaha

whoneedspunctuationanyway

pseudopresence
Mar 3, 2005

I want to get online...
I need a computer!

dick traceroute
Feb 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Clearly I am behind the times

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
all these keyboard nerds just can't cope with the fact that timb has brought about the final evolution of keyboards: all you need is one button to press and yell at siri

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Babies Getting Rabies posted:

all these keyboard nerds just can't cope with the fact that timb has brought about the final evolution of keyboards: all you need is one button to press and yell at siri

tim got rid of the button

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

akadajet posted:

tim got rid of the button

oh drat, buttonless keyboard

wanna see this nerds try and solder that poo poo together

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

what is the difference between the kinesis advantage2, advantage2 silver, and advantage2 graphite

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
the case, they might have different switches too, but if you’re posting in this thread you’re probably already checked which switches you’re getting. firmware should be the same.

edit: and the qd is also the same board but with different keycaps (dual legends), also the refurbs are fine.

blugu64 fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Oct 28, 2019

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

work is buying me one so price is a non issue lol

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

i emailed them about this keyboard, and after a lot of back and forth and confusing (language barrier because they are from Switzerland) they settled on having them shipped for $20/piece to canada/US

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Good Sphere posted:

i emailed them about this keyboard, and after a lot of back and forth and confusing (language barrier because they are from Switzerland) they settled on having them shipped for $20/piece to canada/US

What switches does it have

dick traceroute
Feb 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

should I make a board of these

dick traceroute fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Oct 28, 2019

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

pointsofdata posted:

What switches does it have

good question, but i never bothered to find out since it's been such a chore for us to communicate

dick traceroute posted:

should I make a board of these

HELL YES you should

pram
Jun 10, 2001

good for geriatric goons

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

The Chad Powertyper

Strong, confident presses
Respectable 40 words per minute
Perfect typing posture from working out
Feet planted firmly to floor, immovable

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

I got the Logitech MX Master 3 and it's very neat, but also my frail thumb and index finger are not used to driving a chunk across a desktop anymore.

Horizontal thumb scroll is neat, trying to figure out other uses for it besides switching apps or desktops.

The massive downside: Compared to trackpad stuff it's that much more effortful. I wish my old tragic pad didn't give up the ghost.

edit: I didn't do the Ergo because I would constantly gently caress up and try to use the trackball with three fingers, without using clicking or the wheel, due to behaviors learned from the tragic pad. If the ergo ball would click-in, I think I would've stuck with it.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
the new mx master looks pretty sweet. i had the older version but i hated the buttons on the side

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

pram posted:

good for geriatric goons

i had to use one of these once at a library for their card catalog. it was awful. pretty sure it was mechanical, though!

Share Bear posted:

I got the Logitech MX Master 3 and it's very neat, but also my frail thumb and index finger are not used to driving a chunk across a desktop anymore.

Horizontal thumb scroll is neat, trying to figure out other uses for it besides switching apps or desktops.

The massive downside: Compared to trackpad stuff it's that much more effortful. I wish my old tragic pad didn't give up the ghost.

edit: I didn't do the Ergo because I would constantly gently caress up and try to use the trackball with three fingers, without using clicking or the wheel, due to behaviors learned from the tragic pad. If the ergo ball would click-in, I think I would've stuck with it.

if you're so brain damaged you can't handle a regular mouse, why didn't you just get a new trackpad?

also, a great use for the horizontal thumb scroll: horizontal scrolling

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

SO DEMANDING posted:

i had to use one of these once at a library for their card catalog. it was awful. pretty sure it was mechanical, though!

if you're so brain damaged you can't handle a regular mouse, why didn't you just get a new trackpad?

also, a great use for the horizontal thumb scroll: horizontal scrolling

the new ones are force feedback, rather than mechanical clicking, and i hate it

if you have a newish macbook pro, it's the same thing in the trackpad there, it pisses me off

if there's something that's exactly the same as the mechanical tragic pad, i'll take it

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
Logitech MX Vertical supremacy.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

heard they finally brought back automatic mode switching for the scroll wheel in the master 3 but do you need to install Logitech software to get that feature?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

pram posted:

the new mx master looks pretty sweet. i had the older version but i hated the buttons on the side

oh man they maybe fixed the hosed up side button layout. that does look good.

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

Jenny Agutter posted:

heard they finally brought back automatic mode switching for the scroll wheel in the master 3 but do you need to install Logitech software to get that feature?

i didnt test it out without the software, but yes, if you spin it fast enough it spins

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Share Bear posted:

that looks quite nice, and might get it since my other mouse crapped out, and my backup's scroll wheel is loud af for some reason. i used to use a magic trackpad at work for like 8 years, but then it kept disconnecting. the spring inside the battery compartment can be reinforced with a folded piece of tinfoil, which solved the connection problem temporarily, but just kept getting worse and worse. i tried 3 other magic trackpads that were here, and they all had the same problem

at work i'm now using a wireless logitech m557. it randomly disconnects every once in a while, but comes back. other than that it's okay. it also seems to have the sideways scrolling feature, but doesn't seem to work in macOS at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Share Bear posted:

i didnt test it out without the software, but yes, if you spin it fast enough it spins

can you check it out for me? I loved that feature on my mx revolution but can’t install the software on my work computer