Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Froist posted:

I honestly can't tell if this post is meant ironically.

Nah, I bought 1Password again (50 bucks) because Safari made it necessary. But there's nothing different from 6 to 7 that I've seen besides UI changes. Reader 3 to 4 has some new read modes, and inline images, so I didn't upgrade that. Twitteriffic literally adds nothing, just full screen ads telling me to buy it again, that take 10 seconds to dismiss (on a timer) once a week or so.

Had they actually had new functionality I might buy them again. But for those two other apps, I don't feel like it's justified. Especially when one of them is nagging me about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazz Marimba
Jan 4, 2012

XBenedict posted:

Do you have notifications on for the individual podcasts in question?

I have notifications on for all my podcasts, and the app has notifications on in global notification settings

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Sunn O)))'s new album came out today and I was looking forward to hearing the first track for real--the album was leaked prior to release but the first track was just the fourth track duplicated and relabeled, which could be either a mistake or a pretty funny joke. Anyway, turns out Apple Music is streaming the leaked version, not the legitimate release with the correct first track. Whoops!!!!!!!

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

Weedle posted:

Sunn O)))

Are you having a stroke?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

LPG Giant posted:

Are you having a stroke?

Sunn O)))

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c6uMbP4--E

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I’ve heard that counterfeit (?!) songs/albums on Apple Music has been an issue along with other streaming services like Spotify. So much gets added every day they have trouble checking it all and use AI or something with predictable results.

I saw an article about it a while ago but had trouble googling for it.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
Is it just me or is Overcast constantly falling out of memory now on the iPhone? Or making other things fall out of memory.

It seems like if I leave Overcast and do anything else it’ll launch fresh, and if I try to multi task from a game while listening to a podcast the game will have to launch fresh again.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Question Mark Mound posted:

Is it just me or is Overcast constantly falling out of memory now on the iPhone? Or making other things fall out of memory.

It seems like if I leave Overcast and do anything else it’ll launch fresh, and if I try to multi task from a game while listening to a podcast the game will have to launch fresh again.

https://twitter.com/marcoarment/status/1189213173439696900

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah I've been getting pretty annoyed since 13 because it sure seems like 8 out of 10 times when I get in my car Overcast doesn't start autoplaying. I don't even know if that's related but it's annoying nonetheless.

Tenterhooks
Jul 27, 2003

Bang Bang
Not ideal, but Overcast has a 'Play' Shortcut action that will 'Resume the most recently played or first unplayed episode'. I made it a widget for when the app gets flushed.

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

The Dave posted:

Yeah I've been getting pretty annoyed since 13 because it sure seems like 8 out of 10 times when I get in my car Overcast doesn't start autoplaying. I don't even know if that's related but it's annoying nonetheless.

What setup should this work for? I’ve been running the 13 betas since June, and only bought a car with CarPlay since then, so never experienced CarPlay pre-13. Mine has never auto-started, but I’d like it to..

It at least auto-stops the moment I unplug, which I didn’t get with my old (dodgy) Bluetooth setup and always missed a chunk of a podcast if I didn’t manually stop first.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I'm not using Car Play it's going through a Ford Sync system so can't help you out there.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
iOS 13 sure is a mess, huh.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I learned that when I'm in my car and my phone receives an emergency alert it will turn the stereo on and blast it through the speakers. Scared the crap out of me.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
Speaking of podcast apps, I’m looking for a podcast app that will automatically alternate episodes from different podcasts, whether it be in a playlist or something else.

Overcast does everything by date, but I have some podcasts that are years old, and others with episodes only a few months old. Chronologically there’s a giant chunk of one podcast before the other shows up in the playlist. I’m looking for an app that will automatically just alternate episodes for me in a playlist or some other method.

Does such an app exist?

Violator
May 15, 2003

cryptoclastic posted:

Speaking of podcast apps, I’m looking for a podcast app that will automatically alternate episodes from different podcasts, whether it be in a playlist or something else.

Overcast does everything by date, but I have some podcasts that are years old, and others with episodes only a few months old. Chronologically there’s a giant chunk of one podcast before the other shows up in the playlist. I’m looking for an app that will automatically just alternate episodes for me in a playlist or some other method.

Does such an app exist?

I've checked Pocketcasts and Downcast and I don't see a way to alternate automatically off the top of my head.

I use Pocketcasts as my daily podcast app, and Downcast as my sleep player because it has a poo poo ton of sorting, grouping, downloading, etc. options. Using Downcast you can sort by date, duration, title, size, time left, group by podcast, and set priorities.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Any suggestion for a reading app? I have a bunch of ePub, mobi, txt, text centric HTML files, etc. Don’t need anything super fancy, just copy files into it and save my place as a I read. I’d rather keep iBooks, Kindle, etc. clean for real ebooks and this other potential app for random junk of varying degrees of quality.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Violator posted:

Any suggestion for a reading app? I have a bunch of ePub, mobi, txt, text centric HTML files, etc. Don’t need anything super fancy, just copy files into it and save my place as a I read. I’d rather keep iBooks, Kindle, etc. clean for real ebooks and this other potential app for random junk of varying degrees of quality.

Marvin

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Seconding Marvin for non-Kindle ebook reading, but you will also need Calibre on your computer to convert all of those formats to epub first.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

:rip: hiya; its latest version no longer blocks calls for free.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Marvin looks really good. Can you tell me more about it?

How is it for organizing a large number of books? I’m incredibly anal about that.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Dunno, I just keep use it normally.

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

I hope Marvin rebrands itself as “good for the junk books that you don’t want in your main ebook reader.”

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Which version of Marvin is best? I see four of em

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
So... how am I supposed to attach files from Files to an email in iOS?

In both Spark and Mail.app, I press the attach button and browse through Files to the file I want to send. Then I tap that file and nothing happens. The only option I have beyond tapping it is renaming it with a long press. What's up with that?

Violator
May 15, 2003

tuyop posted:

So... how am I supposed to attach files from Files to an email in iOS?

In both Spark and Mail.app, I press the attach button and browse through Files to the file I want to send. Then I tap that file and nothing happens. The only option I have beyond tapping it is renaming it with a long press. What's up with that?

I've had issues before where a file won't attach (or import into an app) if the file isn't downloaded. So one thing to try is make sure the file is downloaded in the Files app, or the external app you've integrated with (such as if you're browsing Dropbox using Files.app, then make sure it's downloaded in Dropbox.).

Violator
May 15, 2003

Any suggestions for a photo frame app for iPad? I'd like to import a whole bunch of photos and have different playback effects, shuffling, sorting, etc. It'd be nice to import via wifi or Dropbox, I do not want to use my iCloud photo library.

Jazz Marimba
Jan 4, 2012

Google Calendar just changed functionality in the last two hours. When tapping on the address in an event it shows options for opening in Waze and Maps, previously it showed Maps and Google Maps. How do I get it to show Google Maps again?

Jazz Marimba fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Nov 11, 2019

ephori
Sep 1, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Are there any music-playing apps that'll show song lyrics on the carplay screen?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Jesus, I hope not.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Minivan flips while family attempts to keep up with “Hey Ya”

ephori
Sep 1, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
I also drive with passengers

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Can anyone in this thread possibly tell me why Safari has suddenly decided to close all the inactive tabs on my iPad after like 2 days, even though my Settings are set to only close tabs manually?

I’m assuming iOS 13.1.3 fuckery is involved somehow?

Violator
May 15, 2003

I. M. Gei posted:

Can anyone in this thread possibly tell me why Safari has suddenly decided to close all the inactive tabs on my iPad after like 2 days, even though my Settings are set to only close tabs manually?

I’m assuming iOS 13.1.3 fuckery is involved somehow?

Yeah, you need to update to a newer version to fix a memory issue I think

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
yes, you should update to 13.2.2 to fix the memory issue

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Violator posted:

Yeah, you need to update to a newer version to fix a memory issue I think

Legs Benedict posted:

yes, you should update to 13.2.2 to fix the memory issue

Really wish I’d known this BEFORE Safari went and deleted literal years worth of inactive tabs I’d been saving just in case I wanted to look at them again.

Violator
May 15, 2003

I. M. Gei posted:

literal years worth of inactive tabs I’d been saving just in case I wanted to look at them again.

:stare:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

They really ought to come up with a way to save a list of urls so you can easily access a site again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Hold the + button and see if it logged any of them in the Recently Closed list.