Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Collateral posted:

That helicopter was over my house for 2 hours from 4am. In related news my wife insists that I wear a fancy dress outfit for a party on Thursday so I have suggested I go as a chimney with a doll hanging off my hat.

Any other suggestions? I fancy going as Marx with a massive fake beard. Truly terrifying for the yummy crowd we will be mingling with.

Didn’t the poor bloke die? Seems harsh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Collateral posted:

That helicopter was over my house for 2 hours from 4am. In related news my wife insists that I wear a fancy dress outfit for a party on Thursday so I have suggested I go as a chimney with a doll hanging off my hat.

Any other suggestions? I fancy going as Marx with a massive fake beard. Truly terrifying for the yummy crowd we will be mingling with.

The man died so that might be seen in extremely poor taste.

E: tower guy or Marx? You decide who I'm posting about

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Therefore it might be quite popular among people who hate Marx. So go as Marx.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

I just made the mistake of momentarily reactivating Facebook to find the right people for a stag do and the wall was people preaching their poo poo again, but it was overwhelmingly Labour and a few Greens. Because my friends aren't stupid.

Facebook was suggesting a news article about Boris owning Corbyn so I guess I'm the idiot for using it.

Ratjaculation fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Oct 30, 2019

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Total Meatlove posted:

Didn’t the poor bloke die? Seems harsh.

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

E: tower guy or Marx? You decide who I'm posting about

Oh I don't know, the guy probably doesn't mind much at this point, but my wife has nixed the idea (I wasn't at all serious).

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Pochoclo posted:

The world is run by literally posh, high, school boys

Fixed your punctuation for you.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

It is funny that the scotlab leader suddenly becomes a Corbynista every time there's an election then goes back to being an entitled centrist the rest of the time

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Rarity posted:

gently caress no.

Pissflaps wasn't threadbanned because he had dissenting views to the majority, he was threadbanned because he made the entire thread about him. I don't want to go back to waking up every morning to 3 pages of arguments about Pissflaps.

Threadban is doing a good job of not making every post on the last page about him

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Communist Thoughts posted:

It is funny that the scotlab leader suddenly becomes a Corbynista every time there's an election then goes back to being an entitled centrist the rest of the time

lol the graun always acts like he's a spooky communist who's going to corbynise scotland

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Collateral posted:

I fancy going as Marx with a massive fake beard. Truly terrifying for the yummy crowd we will be mingling with.
Engels beard better beard. But less iconic. Get a Santa suit and lose the hat and go as Kropotkin.

Gonzo McFee posted:

The thread is too "urban" for Pissflaps

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Cerv posted:

Threadban is doing a good job of not making every post on the last page about him

Like a turd in a swimming pool the mention of flaps does not disappear easily.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
https://twitter.com/Lokinash06/status/1189571134913744897

Spectre of CUKTIG bringing the libdems new fresh ideas! :lol:

https://twitter.com/LeftoriumThe/status/1189577559912128517

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
THE LIB DEM MANIFESTO

Page 1: Bollocks to Brexit!

Page 2: I dunno? National service I guess?

Page 3: New policies for new politics (this page contains no policies)

End of manifesto

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Rarity posted:

THE LIB DEM MANIFESTO

Page 1: Bollocks to Brexit!*

End of manifesto

*this policy will be abandoned in favour of... IDK banning plastic straws... in a 'tense' coalition 'negotiation' with the Tories.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
This Manifesto will be a priming document for the radical centrist and the moderate radical, as a great thought leader once said,

Chuka Umunna posted:

This Manifesto will be a priming document for the radical centrist and the moderate radical, as a great thought leader once said,

Chuka Umunna posted:

Chuka Umunna posted:

repeat until paper runs out.

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt
complete with a 16 page glossy insert of his latest gq shots

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I guess you're all busy with your election now, but I did say I was gonna make waffles.

Homemade jam of course.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

"Every time"

This will be the first national election that Richard Leonard has been Scottish Labour leader for.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Rarity posted:

THE LIB DEM MANIFESTO

Page 1: Bollocks to Brexit!

End of manifesto
I was thinking something even vaguer than that. Just a list of "Lib Dem Values" and absolutely no policies.

1: Brexit? Its not good.

2: A better economy for hard working people

3: Improve the NHS.

4: Make education better.

5: No more negative politics, unlike that rat faced communist Nazi Jeremy "Hitler-Stalin-Pol Pot" Corbyn.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Who do you think would win a hell in a cell match between hitler, stalin, pol pot, and jeremy corbyn?

I think corbyn would climb out while the other three fight each other.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

His Divine Shadow posted:

I guess you're all busy with your election now, but I did say I was gonna make waffles.

Homemade jam of course.

+1 for the homemade jam.
+2 for the delicious look of it.
-4 for the lack of potato waffle - the one true waffle.
That does look really nice!

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Gorn Myson posted:

I was thinking something even vaguer than that. Just a list of "Lib Dem Values" and absolutely no policies.

1: Brexit? Its not good.

2: A better economy for hard working people

3: Improve the NHS.

4: Make education better.

5: No more negative politics, unlike that rat faced communist Nazi Jeremy "Hitler-Stalin-Pol Pot" Corbyn.

1. More good things

2. Stop the bad stuff

3. Don't worry about it

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
need to get my waffle maker back out again, autumn is peak Stroopwaffel season

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Collateral posted:

Go as Tequila Sunset

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

sebzilla posted:

1. More good things

2. Stop the bad stuff

3. Don't worry about it

"What do we want!"
"Kinda slightly okay things that seem good on paper, but don't sort out the bad things and probably actually makes things worse, but preserves the status quo!"
"When do we want them!"
"Implemented gradually!"
~ Libdem Voting Slogan.

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!

Homemade jam of course.

What's a good waffle batter recipe? Got a waffle maker but have struggled to find a good recipe that works with it.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I could.behind abolishing PMQs tho

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

How many people are actually gonna read the LD manifesto anyway, it might as well just be "STOOOPP BREXXIITTT" printed in 1000pt so you've got to piece the pages together like a jigsaw puzzle

Seriously wondering how well they'll fair presumably campaigning solely on "if you want to stop Brexit, vote for us, the people who can't possibly stop Brexit and instead devote all their energy to opposing the only people who can in fact stop it". It's not the Euros any more.

E: & for some reason the very specific smell of burger van burgers with poo poo loads of fried onions came into my head, and now I want one, but the only burger van near me is closed already & I already bought a nice quiche :(

Borrovan fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Oct 30, 2019

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/DawnHFoster/status/1189521852512788480

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's happening!

Borrovan posted:

E: & for some reason the very specific smell of burger van burgers with poo poo loads of fried onions came into my head, and now I want one
O gently caress now I do too. I know exactly what you mean and I want one. God drat. Throw the quiche out and let's get burgers.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Homemade jam of course.

jam is an odd choice. ive not seen them that shape before, not birds eye or lidl own brand ones

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Taken together, these show that Chuka has actually been playing the long con, ingratiating himself with the wreckers and Lib Dems in order get into a position to sabotage the LD manifesto. I think it will turn out that the left's biggest ally has always been the extremely smart and capable Chuka Umunna.

This message was last edited from a Westminster IP address.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Beaver status: bothered.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

Who do you think would win a hell in a cell match between hitler, stalin, pol pot, and jeremy corbyn?

I think corbyn would climb out while the other three fight each other.

So here is a weird thing, Jeremy Corbyn, Hitler, Pol Pot and Stalin are all 5'9". With that in mind I'm seeing it as an even fight, Pol Pot's agricultural upbringing giving him the edge I think.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Guavanaut posted:

O gently caress now I do too. I know exactly what you mean and I want one. God drat. Throw the quiche out and let's get burgers.
There's one in Nantgaredig that'll chuck a fried egg in there :discourse:

You drive

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

of course not, the graun idea is that both are as bad as eachother and we need harriet harman to come in and get rid of everyones benefits

Moving out of Manchester loving ruined the grauniad, didn't it?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Ms Fuchi posted:

Go as Tequila Sunset

might be hard doing The Expression the entire time

Jimbola
Sep 27, 2005

I say, what a dapper young fellow.
Fun Shoe
Is it better to donate to Labour or Momentum?

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

I think they might struggle to keep up that...um...inertia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Aramoro posted:

So here is a weird thing, Jeremy Corbyn, Hitler, Pol Pot and Stalin are all 5'9". With that in mind I'm seeing it as an even fight, Pol Pot's agricultural upbringing giving him the edge I think.
Adding "bigger than Hitler and Stalin" to my CV.