Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
Boros may not have had the prophecy from Earth but didn't he have one from his own seer who told him he'd find the best challenge on Earth? He came there for a reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Popo posted:

Boros may not have had the prophecy from Earth but didn't he have one from his own seer who told him he'd find the best challenge on Earth? He came there for a reason.

I believe it was a seer on a planet he was invading who possibly sent him on a wild goose chase or to his death.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It's not a lie. It was his best challenge.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
The seer actually meant King would be Boros' greatest challenge (at video games).

Don't know why anyone would suggest the meteor was part of the Earth Is In Trouble prophecy, that happened before the prophecy was made. My theory is Saitama will somehow become a danger to the Earth, perhaps unintentionally. His power is such an anomaly and he's essentially accountable to no one but himself.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Actually, it's Blast.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I think the prophecy is about how the Earth

is in Trouble

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

No poo poo, mother nature spawned an avatar with the sole purpose of destroying humans because they are wrecking the planet

The real threat the seer tried to warn us about is climate change

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Look at all you. Don't you know prophecies can't be trusted?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
IIRC Boros' prophecy said he'd find a good fight on earth, and it was not a good fight, it was a slaughter.

Prophecies are bullshit

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

Boros seemed pretty drat pumped up and happy to finally find a challenge, even if he ended up destroyed

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Boros died happy that he had a fight in which he went all-out. Like, that was explicitly Saitama's goal there, to give Boros a challenge because he could relate to the guy.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
He was sent to Earth to get destroyed by Saitama. It worked out as planned for the race of alien prophetics.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
I'm thinking that when she said 'the earth is in trouble' and then (from what I remember) died afterwards, that she saw every single thing that would come to threaten earth at once, and sorta just keeled over from the sheer variety of things trying to take a bite out of the planet, from within and without.

Saitama probably does a bit of damage dealing with the stuff, but I imagine he isn't what the problem is.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Saitama can't destroy the earth! That's where he keeps all his stuff!

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Her cause of death was choking on a cough drop.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
I thought it was Garou that Boros’s prophecy was talking about.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

Mordaedil posted:

Her cause of death was choking on a cough drop.

Yes, now that you mention it that sounds more like it. Was it said when she did that in relation to her final prediction?

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Fartbox posted:

No poo poo, mother nature spawned an avatar with the sole purpose of destroying humans because they are wrecking the planet

The real threat the seer tried to warn us about is climate change

drat. ONE has been foreshadowing this since the very first chapter.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

thechosenone posted:

Yes, now that you mention it that sounds more like it. Was it said when she did that in relation to her final prediction?

She did her prophecy, had a coughing fit, took a cough drop and choked on it.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Clearly, in the original ONE version Shibabawa saw Murata drawing the whole thing over again and that's why the world is in trouble.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
The Earth is in trouble: Earth’s parents found out it was skipping class to hang out at the mall with its friends

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

thetoughestbean posted:

The Earth is in trouble: Earth’s parents found out it was skipping class to hang out at the mall with its friends

THAT MOON IS NO GOOD, YOU HEAR ME? IT CAN'T EVEN HOLD DOWN AN ATMOSPHERE!

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Earth is in TROUBLE, the Trans-Reality Omni-Universal Brigade of Legendary Earths.

All the other members called their world Earth or some variation of 'the ground' too, because it turns out most cultures develop a spoken language before a concept of other worlds and a need to give their own a unique distinction.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

hands up if you are still gay for reigen

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Josuke Higashikata posted:

hands up if you are still gay for reigen

*makes a lot of quick erratic theatrical gestures with his hand, and then raises it.*

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
A-Class hero Handsome Exorcist, and his C-class assistant, Mob, who is not to be confused with S-class hero Psycho Helmet.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Dimple. Disaster Level: Dragon.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

VaultAggie posted:

I thought it was Garou that Boros’s prophecy was talking about.

I've heard this and it makes sense to me.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

actually the prophecy refers to S2 of the anime.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
She saw a future where Saitama decided to give up his hobbies.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Garou might be powerful, but he's not jump-back-from-the-moon powerful.

I think the fact that Boros also involved another seer is good evidence that the events were related.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Shadow0 posted:

I think the fact that Boros also involved another seer is good evidence that the events were related.

It might have been a courtesy call from the seer who sent Boros on the path to earth.

"hello Earth psychic, I'm sending our genocidal intergalactic conquerer warlord your way so you guys can deal with him. Good luck, you'll need it."

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
Uh Saitama says outright in the comic that prophecies are hogwash to begin with. When you see how Boros and the hero association base their decisions off them, prophecies being nonsense is the funniest option.

Which means that Saitama is right.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Right, so I'm saying its not a prophecy, just a telepath giving a heads up. Prophecy may be hogwash, but psychic powers are very real in their world.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Shadow0 posted:

Who knows???

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Could any of the S-Class have beat Boros?

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
Doubtful.

edit: Well, maybe Blast.

Psychic powers seem to only be so effective against super-strong/super-tough people, so Tatsumaki isn't as likely as one might assume.

I haven't read the webcomic, so my answer is based solely on the manga/manga omake material, etc.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Apparently Garo would have been a good match against Boros, according to ONE. He didn't specify who would win in the end, though.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

Electric Phantasm posted:

Could any of the S-Class have beat Boros?

We don't know because we only saw him fight Saitama. We have no frame of reference

We do know he could actually take a OnePunch and survive, which is the most impressive feat we've seen so far. He even survived for a few moments after taking a Serious Punch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Fartbox posted:

We don't know because we only saw him fight Saitama. We have no frame of reference

We do know he could actually take a OnePunch and survive, which is the most impressive feat we've seen so far. He even survived for a few moments after taking a Serious Punch

He survived a few moments after taking the shockwave of a serious punch, not the actual serious punch.