Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

I can count all the positive stance ads i've seen on twitter in the last few years on my hands. Meanwhile, i've seen this dumb loving ad from pharma lobby about how drug price legislation will cost 700,000 jobs about 20 times in the last week.

It aint ideal but at this point, gently caress it. There is far more money in dishonesty and poo poo ads are far more prevalent.

SNIPE CHECK OUT MY BABY:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBnvwqxUQfs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

"Never Trumper John Balton who I fired like a dog continues to tell lies about me! Just read the perfect transcript! Witch Hunt!"

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

1337JiveTurkey posted:

Maritime law has been far too long neglected in the United States of America and needs to be returned to the prominence it had in the days of Oliver Wendell Holmes.

lawl that's perfect, the court of maritime appeals

that'll send the sovcits into loving orbit

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Bolton will lick the boot

why would he?

Bolton is from the establishment wing of the Republican party. All he wants to do is gently caress over NK, Iran, and Russia.

Trump has kissed the ring to two of those, and has randomly offered talks with Iran as well.

Bolton is going to go in with knives from Romney to stab in his back.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

CuddleCryptid posted:

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1189637263405264903?s=19

Small thing but imagine being the guy who earned a medal of honor and ended up being photoshopped out for a dog lol

good doggo, served his country well, and has a beautiful white coat of hair 13/10

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

ewiley posted:

"Never Trumper John Balton who I fired like a dog continues to tell lies about me! Just read the perfect transcript! Witch Hunt!"

"Who is John Blaton? Never met the guy, I don't know what he even did, looks like a Walrus to me, I don't know why I'd hire someone from Mythbusters? He should be solving the Democrat Myth Hillary Clinton's emails!"

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

1599 is 111 away from 1488.
I only bring it up because I have no idea what 1599 meant in the message.

Also, are we sure Wohl isn't just doing performance art?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

FizFashizzle posted:

why would he?

Bolton is from the establishment wing of the Republican party. All he wants to do is gently caress over NK, Iran, and Russia.

Trump has kissed the ring to two of those, and has randomly offered talks with Iran as well.

Bolton is going to go in with knives from Romney to stab in his back.

because bolton wants to keep his wingnut welfare career and his grifting PAC, so he has a direct financial incentive not to stab trump in the face (but he does love stabbing him in the back, hence the relentless leaking to the press)

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Gatts posted:

After Mueller I don't want to get too excited but I will laugh helplessly a lot if Bolton somehow throws Trump and many people under the bus and it leads to mattering.

The true genius of the framers of the US Constitution was the recognition that spite, malice and greed were far more reliable motivators of human behavior than duty, honor or decency.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

HootTheOwl posted:

Propaganda is a kind of art, sure.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

A complaint from the Gaetz of hell.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

seems like the far right thinks it knows who the whistleblower is, or at least they're finally confident enough that they're unifying behind one source and people like Matt Gaetz and the federalist are posting it

of course, the whistleblower is completely valueless now, we have far more information from firsthand eyewitness testimony now than the whistleblower had when he wrote the memo and everything corroborates the story.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

evilweasel posted:

because bolton wants to keep his wingnut welfare career and his grifting PAC, so he has a direct financial incentive not to stab trump in the face (but he does love stabbing him in the back, hence the relentless leaking to the press)

but he does like loving over banana republics too

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Don't dis the schiff scif

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

HootTheOwl posted:

I'm pretty sure 1599 is Burkman's street address number

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I wish it were possible to have a moment where the whistleblower comes out of the dark, removes his hood, and exclaims "IT WAS ME, IT WAS ME ALL ALONG!" and then it is Vince MacMahon.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
yeah its Burkman's address

https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1181749689844211714?s=19

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
And the Mad Libs game that is our current politics goes on

https://twitter.com/TalKopan/status/1189662256751091719

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

I'm pretty sure 1599 is Burkman's street address number

really?

Edit: Ah, looks like the :tinfoil: is me.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

evilweasel posted:

As long as Trump is still around, he's persona non grata. And Trump knows who's leaking, or at least someone smart enough to Trump to tell him. The easy days of Fox and Friends are gone. Never again will we see....this.

https://twitter.com/foxandfriends/status/808310238944305152?s=20

Bolton's future involves giving 100k speeches for like Rand corp and Boeing and various other defense contractors. He'll consult for various energy and military interests. But he's never going to have a job in the White House again. Obviously Trump isn't going to appoint him for anything, and he'll be 75 at the earliest he can get back into the executive in any capacity.

I mean I guess he could just straight up be bribed to lie, but at this point he has to see where this is heading.

And there it is. Wonder how long until this gets back to the WH.

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1189659012058558466?s=20

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Oct 30, 2019

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
John Bolton is many things, but a dumb man he is not

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

What do you define as "victory"? Right now, impeachment is nearly a certainty, so it's a given that at least one article of impeachment will pass the House and go to the Senate...but right now, conviction is virtually impossible without a LOT of GOP Senators suddenly deciding to grow a conscience.

I see it as a win/win situation for democrats, unless the narrative changes and people overwhelmingly support Trump and find impeachment too political. I think they'll downgrade to a censure out of fear of this honestly.

It's a short term win for democrats if the GOP votes against impeachment. It opens the door for the presidency and foreign aid to be used against political opponents. So that will come back to bite them really bad when a democratic president is in office. Obviously this isn't ideal for a healthy democracy. If they vote for it, they lose the next elections but bounce back after. But who's capable of long term strategy anymore?

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Oct 30, 2019

Literally Elvis
Oct 21, 2013

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

ban all advertising

unironically this

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

oxsnard posted:

John Bolton is many things, but a dumb man he is not

Not testifying voluntarily either:

https://twitter.com/nytmike/status/1189668013672415232

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Sounds like he won’t fight a subpoena though.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

FlamingLiberal posted:

D*ck Van D*ke is also canceled

You mean famous actor Penis VanLesbian?

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Sounds like he won’t fight a subpoena though.

yeah that's the smartest way for him to play it. I wonder how many career GOPers will figure out that Trump will not be looked upon kindly in the future and use that to guide their actions. These old timers and congressmen on the way out should be thinking about exactly that

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
https://twitter.com/nytmike/status/1189668013672415232?s=20

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Oh PLLLLLEEEEEEEEASE do't subpoena me.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

FizFashizzle posted:

I'm legitimately curious what happens now. I don't necessarily take RCL at their word that they've sussed out the whistleblower (especially since no reputable sites like CNN have broken it yet), but I'm not sure whether this is good for Trump because it's a distraction, or if it's worse because (assuming this really is the whistleblower) it's another crime to add to the impeachment articles.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
it literally doesn't matter if the whistleblower was Joe Biden himself, he went on live TV and said china and ukraine should do it

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I'm legitimately curious what happens now. I don't necessarily take RCL at their word that they've sussed out the whistleblower (especially since no reputable sites like CNN have broken it yet), but I'm not sure whether this is good for Trump because it's a distraction, or if it's worse because (assuming this really is the whistleblower) it's another crime to add to the impeachment articles.

also, as i said above: there is literally no additional value the whistleblower can add to this

everything he reported is now proven by firsthand testimony or admitted (against interest) by donald trump himself.

like, literally everything. he's not a witness that matters anymore, just another thing for the frothy right to insert into their conspiracies

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Ok so what's the reason for the legal maneuvering here? If he won't testify voluntarily but will if they issue a subpoena then why not just do it voluntarily?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Ok so what's the reason for the legal maneuvering here? If he won't testify voluntarily but will if they issue a subpoena then why not just do it voluntarily?

"I would never volunteer to testify against a republican president. Alas, I was subpoena'd, so I felt it was my duty to respond truthfully blah blah blah"

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

FizFashizzle posted:

"I would never volunteer to testify against a republican president. Alas, I was subpoena'd, so I felt it was my duty to respond truthfully blah blah blah"

Yeah there are ways for Bolton to come out of this loving Trump with his neo-con credentials intact.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea it's mostly a deniability thing, don't look like an eager part of things but also make it clear you won't fight

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I think because if he testifies voluntarily it would look more vindictive.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

eke out posted:

also, as i said above: there is literally no additional value the whistleblower can add to this

everything he reported is now proven by firsthand testimony or admitted (against interest) by donald trump himself.

like, literally everything. he's not a witness that matters anymore, just another thing for the frothy right to insert into their conspiracies

Ah...makes sense. Thanks. Just needed to make sure I fully understood the situation.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

FizFashizzle posted:

Given the source, there is a 0.1% chance of this being true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/mckinneykelsey/status/1189657574402150400

https://twitter.com/ToLey88/status/1189656923693555725

RIP Deadspin