Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
When Should Crazy Cloud be freed?
This poll is closed.
TODAY 238 25.21%
NOW 152 16.10%
YESTERDAY 207 21.93%
TIME DOESN'T EXIST 347 36.76%
Total: 641 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1189707289286135810?s=20

well at least they saved the ronald reagan presidential library

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

shyduck posted:

The Matrix

Dark City was better

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Addamere posted:

please suggest media to consume

scifi books, tv, film

obv pref robots/ai/cyborgs

Short Circuit and Short Circuit 2. I think you'll appreciate the message at the end of 2.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Addamere posted:

Dark City was better

more like Dork City

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Addamere posted:

Dark City was better

100% agree, though Matrix had its moments

e: also the female lead in Dark City was, uhh, quite the actor.

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Addamere posted:

Dark City was better

Neuromancer was better

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Addamere posted:

why does anyone give a poo poo that the president is the lamest drug addict possible

the hallucinations and paranoid delusions associated with sudafed abuse are a pretty big deal

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Addamere posted:

why does anyone give a poo poo that the president is the lamest drug addict possible

funny

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I do appreciate the gender role reversal of the capitalist breadwinner lady's macho stay at home husband who works on cars and is casually dismissed with a "yes dear" :allears:

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

I recommend everyone watch The 13th Floor, which came out at the exact same time as The Matrix and was effectively ignored as a result.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

fits my needs posted:

That's a disaster

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

ballpit.png

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Addamere posted:

please suggest media to consume

scifi books, tv, film

obv pref robots/ai/cyborgs

Yesterday I watched Nemesis, it's an absolutely insane over-the-top action/scifi and extremely cyborg heavy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8EK-lCBaY0

I cannot recommend this film enough, it's just wall to wall, floor to ceiling loving nuts

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DoombatINC posted:

Yesterday I watched Nemesis, it's an absolutely insane over-the-top action/scifi and extremely cyborg heavy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8EK-lCBaY0

I cannot recommend this film enough, it's just wall to wall, floor to ceiling loving nuts

I'll give it a look!

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

fits my needs posted:

What is this - the 4th time this castle has been burned down? Stop building flammable castles Japan.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I'm a film aficionado. Have you seen a film called Clerks

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

fits my needs posted:

The building is like 20 years old. They'll just reconstruct it again.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Spergin Morlock posted:

I recommend everyone watch The 13th Floor, which came out at the exact same time as The Matrix and was effectively ignored as a result.

Dark City was kind of in the same boat, I should watch that

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
really mirin that bridge shot

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

I can't believe ISIS destroyed Shuri Castle as retaliation for the death of Baghdadi

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

A little over a year ago I was at a mall in NJ and guy walked by who looked like a weird old version of Kevin Smith. Turns out it was actually Kevin Smith

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I looked up Gantz because i saw it mentioned a couple of times and it looks like something you'd write at school when youre 10

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I visited Odawara castle and I was like wow, this castle is cool. and when I got inside it I was like WTF this is just a modern building and they just built a modern castle shaped building on the old base in the 60's.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

hell yeah, more dark city lovers

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

shyduck posted:

A little over a year ago I was at a mall in NJ and guy walked by who looked like a weird old version of Kevin Smith. Turns out it was actually Kevin Smith

do they have suicidal cop robots at that mall yet

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

MAN. OF. THE. CENTURY.
MAN. OF. THE. CENTURY.
MAN. OF. THE. CENTURY.
MAN. OF. THE. CENTURY.

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

it's about time someone recognized wall-e as the greatest sci-fi movie of all time

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Spergin Morlock posted:

I prefer World on a Wire

CODChimera posted:

I looked up Gantz because i saw it mentioned a couple of times and it looks like something you'd write at school when youre 10
The setup is very much like the dream of a teenage boy, just a little more odd and filled with dread

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

lol

https://twitter.com/tonyhawk/status/1189652368037535744

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Unperson_47 posted:

hell yeah, more dark city lovers

It is one of the several times in my life I've discovered a film or show or actor or whatever because of music.

Dark City's intro snippet is featured in this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLEJ9vCgoK4

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV_3Dpw-BRY

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

SardonicTyrant posted:

Cumshitter how could you, those twinks looked up to you.

dont worry firemen love twinks and will take care of them

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Addamere posted:

do they have suicidal cop robots at that mall yet
Hopefully

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Number of times Castillo de San Marcos has burnt down: 0

poo poo, the spanish would dig cannonballs out of the coquina and fire them right back at the british.

gently caress you Japan. lovely castle builders, the lot of you.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

shyduck posted:

lol when I was in high school I went on a big (pretty cheap) trip to Germany, and there was a young schoolteacher and her husband also on the tour, and at some point she told me and some other dude in conversation that they were huge movie fans. I started talking about movies (I think starting with Rollerball which was partly filmed in Munich, where we were) and she knew about zero movies I mentioned. And I was maybe 16 and a complete idiot at the time.

no ketchup thanks

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I also got into Garbage because of "I'm Only Happy When It Rains" being featured on the episode of The X-Files where this demon dude is a serial monogamist trying to have normal human babies and fleeing town every time he fathers a half-demon baby and the big reveal at the end is this time he found a demon lady who I think kills him and steals his convertible.

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

punchymcpunch posted:

im "Epstein was killed by buckingham palace"

Ah Mr LaRouche hello I thought you were dead

Oh poo poo where did those last 8 hours go, I don't usually drink this much during the day

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

shyduck posted:

*takes sip out of giant glass of neon green soda* the auteur uses black and white film and an often fixed perspective to suggest the audience is witnessing the depicted deviancy as though through security camera footage hrumph! hrumph!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

felt m8