Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Anora posted:

Emergency cash fund if you're super short and need a bump to get to the index

There are way better random inventory items you can sell that you can't also turn into endo, like Oberon BP's or captura dupes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
i haven't sold anything for credits in 10 months (started playing 11 months ago). It's the one aspect of the game where i find numbers going up for the sake of numbers going up to be actually funny and thus worth it.

but i also haven't been below 5M credits for those 10 months, just casually helping people through indexes or filling PT runs has got me covered well enough.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Reminder that transmuting rare mods is a decent way to convert excess credits and endo into platinum with hitting mods worth 20-60p.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
So I should transmute the rare ones and can sell off the rest for Endo?

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Update on my Nukor riven:

+3.4m Punch Through
+278.3% Damage
+110% Critical Damage

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Guilty posted:

So I should transmute the rare ones and can sell off the rest for Endo?

Transmutation's only for when you're feeling flush with credits, you rarely get much worthwhile.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Very flush with credits.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
Got a mediocre-great Vectis riven and I quite like it compared to a Rubico. Might need a -recoil mod with the Peximus slot though.

Is there a list of confirmed mods for Peximus slots? I'm assuming its silence/recoil/projectile speed/weird things like Harkonar Scope and that's about it?

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Echophonic posted:

Transmutation's only for when you're feeling flush with credits, you rarely get much worthwhile.

On the other hand, you might be that guy that hits the jackpot and gets a not-yet-released mod.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm getting close to the point where I can finally craft a bunch of blueprints. I'm currently in Jupiter and completing the Europa Junction stuff (which I'm about done with; just need to do one mission in the Void that I just got to, I think). I've started to get small amounts of Plasmids, but not enough to be practical, but I read you can grind a lot in Saturn and I'm pretty close to that apparently. Neural Sensors are another thing preventing me from crafting a bunch of stuff, and apparently you can grind them on one of the Jupiter nodes (though I haven't unlocked that one yet). While I've already encountered bosses that drop all the blueprints for specific frames, I'm pretty sure that I haven't gotten any that I actually have the mats to craft. I believe I have Rhina, Mag, and Nyx fully blueprinted and waiting on the necessary materials. Maybe Frost also, forget.

I suck rear end at spy missions and frequently fail them due to not knowing how to get to the final area quickly enough after inevitably being detected by some enemy (since I can't detect them). I always cross my fingers that someone else will join my party during those and do them for me, lol.

Question about Rescue missions - do I need to move relatively slowly after rescuing the person, or will they teleport to catch up if I dash ahead?

edit: Unrelated, but while doing some relic stuff I managed to get a gold thing on a relic - Wukong Prime blueprints. The other people in the party seemed happy about it. It'll be neat when I actually manage to get all the parts for one of these primes someday. I'm currently only missing one part blueprint for Chroma Prime, somehow.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Oct 31, 2019

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Today I got a chuckle because I realized the Lotus has a very slight canadian accent, it's adorable.

(During the stolen dreams quest, it hit me with how she said "out" when she said "we're about to find out" in the cutscene before the final dungeon.)

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Agents are GO! posted:

Today I got a chuckle because I realized the Lotus has a very slight canadian accent, it's adorable.

(During the stolen dreams quest, it hit me with how she said "out" when she said "we're about to find out" in the cutscene before the final dungeon.)

Rebecca Ford of Digital Extremes (the Canadian developer) is her voice actress.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Ytlaya posted:

I'm getting close to the point where I can finally craft a bunch of blueprints. I'm currently in Jupiter and completing the Europa Junction stuff (which I'm about done with; just need to do one mission in the Void that I just got to, I think). I've started to get small amounts of Plasmids, but not enough to be practical, but I read you can grind a lot in Saturn and I'm pretty close to that apparently. Neural Sensors are another thing preventing me from crafting a bunch of stuff, and apparently you can grind them on one of the Jupiter nodes (though I haven't unlocked that one yet). While I've already encountered bosses that drop all the blueprints for specific frames, I'm pretty sure that I haven't gotten any that I actually have the mats to craft. I believe I have Rhina, Mag, and Nyx fully blueprinted and waiting on the necessary materials. Maybe Frost also, forget.

I suck rear end at spy missions and frequently fail them due to not knowing how to get to the final area quickly enough after inevitably being detected by some enemy (since I can't detect them). I always cross my fingers that someone else will join my party during those and do them for me, lol.

Question about Rescue missions - do I need to move relatively slowly after rescuing the person, or will they teleport to catch up if I dash ahead?

1. If you need resources from planets you don't have unlocked yet, see if someone can give you a taxi.

2. Everyone sucks at spy missions until they learn the shortcuts. It sounds like having some form of enemy radar will help you out quite a bit, so see if someone has a copy of Animal Instinct they can toss your way. I'm happy to toss one at anyone who needs it if you catch me online.

3. They will teleport to catch up, so just rush for the exit.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
If you’re hung up on spy missions, then advance through the star chart until you get to the Neptune boss, it drops Loki parts which makes for a very specialized spy frame.

Or, if you are confident on the layout of spy vaults, a Wukong can blitz through spy vaults. Much riskier with less margin for error though.

Finally, if you complete the War Within cinematic quest you gain access to a frame-independent power that is very useful for spy missions called “void mode”.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
You can speedrun spy vaults with limbo or wukong, but you still kinda need to know where you're going. Unfortunately the early game throws a lot of mean solo-spy missions at you, especially in quests, when you really dont have the tools or familiarity to make them less harrowing. It's a puzzling choice.

Loki's 2 was my "okay now i can actually take my time and learn these at my own pace without having to worry anymore" breakpoint, having corrupted mods to push duration and zenu-dash for passive energy regen to never worry about being able to recast helped a ton tho.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

:capitalism:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Warframes are very good at preventing cancer

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I'm going to spend today trying to record spy vaults and post them, using no invisibily (except Lua/Kuva) cause no.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
spy missions are easy, just do what this guy does:

https://gfycat.com/softmisguidedavocet-warframe

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

Anora posted:

I'm going to spend today trying to record spy vaults and post them, using no invisibily (except Lua/Kuva) cause no.

There is a steam guide that has someone showing all the routes with Oberon if you wanted to save yourself the effort.

E: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=587545211

If you like figuring them out yourself, don't look at it. I don't really care for spy missions myself so this was wonderful.

Mr Newsman fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Oct 31, 2019

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Mr Newsman posted:

There is a steam guide that has someone showing all the routes with Oberon if you wanted to save yourself the effort.

E: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=587545211

If you like figuring them out yourself, don't look at it. I don't really care for spy missions myself so this was wonderful.

Thanks for this. Bookmarking it right next to Synthesis Target Locations [25.6.2]

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Steve?! Where's the Shadow of Warframe, Steve?! Give it to me.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

sadly warframe is never being updated ever again

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
If ol Grendel is going to be from arbys guess I can kiss that goodbye, I never find any teams doing the arena node like ever.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Ytlaya posted:

edit: Unrelated, but while doing some relic stuff I managed to get a gold thing on a relic - Wukong Prime blueprints. The other people in the party seemed happy about it. It'll be neat when I actually manage to get all the parts for one of these primes someday. I'm currently only missing one part blueprint for Chroma Prime, somehow.

For every planet, if in navigation you click the button marked 'Resource Drones' and hover over the circle it will tell you what materials drop on that planet. Enemy type does not affect resource drops. You can also build some extractors for a kind of offline trickle of stuff, but it's not a huge benefit. Can be fun to play with and you can deploy and retrieve them using your phone. Look up how they work if you are interested.

The Man of Few Words quest (and the following weekly mission it gives) can be good for getting later materials as it often sends you to later planets. If you talk to Maroo on her station orbiting Mars, her weekly quest to get an ayatan treasure can send you to Void or Derelict which can be handy, but if you fail the room, you fail the mission, so beeline completing the mission then go scrounging.

For spy missions. First, the guide people linked is good. Secondly get the 10x Cipher blueprint from the market, and learn that Y is the default quick key for ciphers on PC. Thirdly get the bp for Air Support Charges to pause the timer for 10 secs (when using the default landing craft). Also cancels alarms, which is nice when you depressurize somewhere and don't want to work a hack.

EDIT : To Dreadwroth, if you want someone to help you clear a node to say, unlock Arbys or similar, be sure to say that in chat when trying to get people to group. Also consider Ash fatal teleport and cov lethality (or a tricked out Umbra Sword for it's gimmick). Might take a bunch of energy pizzas but can be pretty beefy.

Tylana fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Oct 31, 2019

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Dreadwroth2 posted:

If ol Grendel is going to be from arbys guess I can kiss that goodbye, I never find any teams doing the arena node like ever.

clan chat is a great place to ask people for help finishing up annoying bits of the starchart like this!

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

I'm very excited because I like arbitration as a game mode period so having groups for that will be nice.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Tylana posted:

For spy missions. First, the guide people linked is good. Secondly get the 10x Cipher blueprint from the market, and learn that Y is the default quick key for ciphers on PC. Thirdly get the bp for Air Support Charges to pause the timer for 10 secs (when using the default landing craft). Also cancels alarms, which is nice when you depressurize somewhere and don't want to work a hack.

This might be more of a mid-game strategy for the ivara grind, but the invis dog + limbo absolutely trivializes corpus spy missions. Shade's ghost ability should also work, but I haven't tried that combo personally.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Everyone forgets the best spyframe, Rhino.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sandweed posted:

Everyone forgets the best spyframe, Rhino.

Iron Skin is the best ability.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

RoadCrewWorker posted:

You can speedrun spy vaults with limbo or wukong, but you still kinda need to know where you're going. Unfortunately the early game throws a lot of mean solo-spy missions at you, especially in quests, when you really dont have the tools or familiarity to make them less harrowing. It's a puzzling choice.

Loki's 2 was my "okay now i can actually take my time and learn these at my own pace without having to worry anymore" breakpoint, having corrupted mods to push duration and zenu-dash for passive energy regen to never worry about being able to recast helped a ton tho.

After looking up this zenu-dash thing, I found these things - https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Focus/Madurai

What are those? There appear to be 5 factions/categories or something.

For the time being I think I'll use that website that tells you where to go. I actually kinda enjoy the spy missions that just have sensors and hidden paths and stuff, but the ones with enemies screw me up.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Madurai and anything that even seems related to focus schools should be completely ignored until you finish the second dream, and probably until after war within too.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Ytlaya posted:

What are those? There appear to be 5 factions/categories or something.
The only thing you need to remember is to pick Zenurik when the game asks you out of the blue without any further information to make an informed choice from.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Ytlaya posted:

For the time being I think I'll use that website that tells you where to go. I actually kinda enjoy the spy missions that just have sensors and hidden paths and stuff, but the ones with enemies screw me up.

My favorite spy rooms are the ones where you open the door and there's instantly a sensor drone

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

RoadCrewWorker posted:

The only thing you need to remember is to pick Zenurik when the game asks you out of the blue without any further information to make an informed choice from.

:doh:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
https://www.twitch.tv/de_steve

Steves pre update shop talk stream is up.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

oh hell yes, moth titania coming with this update

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
living in his own filth

reminds me of my ten-year-old keyboard before I bought alcohol prep wipes and fixed it