Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
When I tuned in he was committing to free child care for all 2-4 year olds and a full education for everyone from cradle to grave. He’s so good lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

He still hasn't included my single-issue focus which is a dead tory in every home

stuffed

to be used as a footstool

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

"Javid said he was “completely shocked” by the rejection, adding: "I wonder if people like Hugh Grant think they are part of the elite and they look down on working class people no matter what station they reach in life."

Just shut the gently caress up you eggheaded twat, no one cares what your idiotic cocoon brain thinks, you're a piece of poo poo and always will be and it's good he didn't shake your hand, because you're a massive oval office.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Six weeks to turn the polls around?

No bother

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Wazzerphuk posted:

I've still got a snapshot of the data from yesterday when I was playing around with this - they've shifted 142 seats from "Pledge" to Labour since then, and, wonderfully, these two from Libdem to Labour:

Not sure what cataclysmic event happened in the last 24 hours to make it clear that these probably weren't turning yellow...

Do you still have this snapshot data and could you share it somehow?

Also, I’m getting interest in this, and things are happening, but we really need a very basic layperson explainer to decode this tech stuff, I certainly barely understand it! If anyone can help out, there’s a very decent chance it could make a difference, and I’ll do what I can to make it happen.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/mrmarksteel/status/1189843632406384641

lmao. Mark Steel still owns.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
I honestly think Labour has this. I'll stop short of confidently predicting a majority but I'm pretty certain they'll be the biggest party.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

For all the Scotpol folks ITT:

https://twitter.com/HarryJosieGiles/status/1189862333973221377?s=09
https://twitter.com/HarryJosieGiles/status/1189862872089858048?s=09
https://twitter.com/HarryJosieGiles/status/1189864199608029184?s=09

taking into account all this and the SNP's institutional transphobia, this is why I can't support indyref2 if it just means the SNP will become the dominant party of government in an independent Scotland

I mean I can't bring myself to vote Labour, but gently caress, the SNP is such garbage

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Venomous posted:

I mean I can't bring myself to vote Labour, but gently caress, the SNP is such garbage

:thunk:

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

That getvoting site is saying I should be voting LD, even though they got 10k fewer votes than labour in the last election and lost 3% from the previous GE.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Holy moly his speech was amazing. 'Whose side are you on?' and then all the different examples was a masterful bit of talk. I am so excited!

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

VideoGames posted:

Holy moly his speech was amazing. 'Whose side are you on?' and then all the different examples was a masterful bit of talk. I am so excited!

quote:

Towards the end of his speech, Mr Corbyn turned his attention to a number of the UK's billionaires.

He says: “Whose side are you on? The dodgy landlords, like the Duke of Westminster, Britain’s youngest billionaire, who tried to evict whole blocks of families, to make way for luxury apartments? Or the millions of tenants in Britain who struggle to pay their rent each month?

“Whose side are you on? The bad bosses like Mike Ashley, the billionaire who won’t pay his staff properly and is running Newcastle United into the ground? Or his exploited workforce, like the woman who was reportedly forced to give birth in a warehouse toilet because she was terrified of missing her shift?

“Whose side are you on? The big polluters like Jim Ratcliffe, Britain’s richest man who makes his money by polluting the environment? Or the children growing up in our cities with reduced lung capacity because of choking pollution?

“Whose side are you on? The greedy bankers like Crispin Odey, who makes millions betting against our country and on other people’s misery and donated huge sums to Johnson and the Conservative Party? Or are you on the side of working people, the people who create the wealth that’s then squirreled away in tax havens?

“And whose side are you on? The billionaire media barons like Rupert Murdoch, whose empire pumps out propaganda to support a rigged system. Or the overwhelming majority who want to live in a decent, fair, diverse and prosperous society?"

Get 'em, Jez!

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

Aramoro posted:

Electoral pacts are not that unusual really. One of the longest ones is the Labour - Co-op alliance which is getting on for a century now.

Yes, but that's not what collusion means. It generally refers to making pacts in secret, or with an underhand motive that differs from your publicly presented reasons. In the case of Farage, some of his supporters think an electoral pact would be a betrayal intended to subvert democracy and prop up the Tories. They are correct. I don't think Nige wants that reputation intefering with his ride on the gravy train.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

sebzilla posted:

Get 'em, Jez!

I love it! I love it! I think that would make a great campaign slogan too, along with the For the Many Not the Few. :D

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

It may surprise you to find out that elections to the Scottish Parliament are not, in fact, conducted under First Past The Post (FPTP), which potentially allows the election of smaller parties to government such as, for example, the Scottish Greens, who are explicitly not a bunch of TERFy centrists, unlike the SNP

I mean, I'm a social anarchist so I preferably want an anarchist Scotland, but I'm thinking pragmatically here

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Go on Jez, stick the Kryss in and twist.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

sebzilla posted:

Get 'em, Jez!

This is brilliant stuff. Time to snip some necks, get that loving guillotine sharpened.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Jose posted:

i see the brexit party chief whip was reading my post about not standing candidates against the tories backfiring
I'm pretty sure I know which poster he is, but I'm not gonna doxx anyone.

Comrade Fakename posted:

Do you still have this snapshot data and could you share it somehow?

Also, I’m getting interest in this, and things are happening, but we really need a very basic layperson explainer to decode this tech stuff, I certainly barely understand it! If anyone can help out, there’s a very decent chance it could make a difference, and I’ll do what I can to make it happen.
Graphically, one of these:

Seems way more easily grasped than the table.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I'm pretty sure I know which poster he is, but I'm not gonna doxx anyone.

Graphically, one of these:

Seems way more easily grasped than the table.

UKIP was bigger than Labour?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Are any of these tactical votes sites worthwhile? It'd be good to know if we can point people toward a particular one.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Eschenique posted:

Among leave voters? Likely, given only 30% of labour voters voted Leave

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

alphabettitouretti posted:

Are any of these tactical votes sites worthwhile? It'd be good to know if we can point people toward a particular one.

https://tactical.vote/ goes straight from the 2017 election results and shows them yourself so you can judge for yourself.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

We should just make our own. mfcrocker does fine work each year on an ad hoc basis answering queries from people on social media, no reason we couldn't bang out a UKMT recommendation for each constituency and host them somewhere.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Eschenique posted:

It's specifically of leave voters.

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?
I was wondering what kind of headlines the papers would come up with if Labour wins the election.
Something like:
"Wham Bam! Jam-man No Sham!"
"Corbs beats Borbs!"
"Hohoho! No-go to Bo-Jo show!

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Someone said https://tactical.vote/ was decent?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Sanford posted:

It's got the right answer in my area so looking good.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

sebzilla posted:

We should just make our own. mfcrocker does fine work each year on an ad hoc basis answering queries from people on social media, no reason we couldn't bang out a UKMT recommendation for each constituency and host them somewhere.

I was thinking the same but that tactical.vote site looks like it's doing a fine job. It's only focused on beating the tories.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

sebzilla posted:

Doesn't take long to type in Labour and then hit the Fill Down button :hmmyes:

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Ataxerxes posted:

I was wondering what kind of headlines the papers would come up with if Labour wins the election.
Something like:
"Corbs beats Borbs!"

Unless something dramatic happens to the current editors and owners most of them will be variations of 'Shock as vicious communists steal election, flee the country while you still can'

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Ataxerxes posted:

Something like:
"Corbs beats Borbs!"
"Help they're in my office arresting me for phone hacking they're going through my computer I thought those children were 18 pleas"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ataxerxes posted:

Something like:
"Corbs beats Borbs!"
'Here's how May can still crush the saboteurs.'

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Venomous posted:

For all the Scotpol folks ITT:

taking into account all this and the SNP's institutional transphobia, this is why I can't support indyref2 if it just means the SNP will become the dominant party of government in an independent Scotland

The SNP will always set their policy to oppose Westminster, so a Labour victory in Westminster means nudging the needle rightwards and cutting off CommonWeal etc. CommonWeal folk will always vote Indy all day and all night anyway so you can safely ignore them in general.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Ataxerxes posted:

Something like:
"Corbs beats Borbs!"

Britain Doomed To EU Slavery As Corbyn Pledges To Exterminate Jews

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

'CORBYN'S COLLEGE ROOMMATE'S EX-GIRLFRIEND: 'his jams werent that good really''

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Venomous posted:

It may surprise you to find out that elections to the Scottish Parliament are not, in fact, conducted under First Past The Post (FPTP), which potentially allows the election of smaller parties to government such as, for example, the Scottish Greens, who are explicitly not a bunch of TERFy centrists, unlike the SNP

I mean, I'm a social anarchist so I preferably want an anarchist Scotland, but I'm thinking pragmatically here

i didn’t realize you were talking about scottish parliament

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Sanford posted:

Why do people need a website to tell them who to vote for? Like if Tories won your seat last time, vote for who came second if you want to be Tacticool about it.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Lol the absolute state of this hysterical garbage, she's worse than tweetman. Must admit that I do find it extremely funny if she's genuinely stressed to the point of mental breakdown over an 'existential threat' she and her pals made up but then huffed their own farts so long they developed terminal brainworms

https://twitter.com/Sara_Rose_G/status/1189871965416427520?s=19

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I love these accounts https://twitter.com/Orwell_Fan/status/1189876589682663424

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Ataxerxes posted:

Something like:
"Corbs beats Borbs!"

namesake posted:

Unless something dramatic happens to the current editors and owners most of them will be variations of 'Shock as vicious communists steal election, flee the country while you still can'
All the papers will do this on their front page:

Daily Mail PRAVDA writtern in faux cyrillic, with satirical headlines praising Corbyn.