Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/markknoller/status/1189862864070356992

settle in and prepare for Tweets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Look I'm just going to say it.

That dog looks like a chud.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Don Jr is Kendall from Succession if Kendall was also a colossal idiot.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
I can't imagine having Donnie sit on his rear end all day and watch impeachment proceedings being really good for his stress levels. If I were his staffers, I'd order a huge bucket of KFC and suspend it overhead in the oval office to keep him busy.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Oh sure yeah this makes sense too.

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1189547535104274432?s=21

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

skylined! posted:

Wow, what a piece of poo poo judge.

Destroying someone financially is not ensuring 'the community' is unharmed.

Where the gently caress are all the people who go nuts when property is damaged in protest? Our police system is so unbearably broken.

I certainly feel much safer now that the great shirt and belt caper of 2015 has been solved....FML

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i'm still shocked they haven't got rid of this dude yet

https://twitter.com/revrrlewis/status/1189865792994709505

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Please be the best boy and bite the President.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I don’t believe Trump knows how to pet a dog without accidentally hitting it.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

The dog would get shot.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

typical "cops get away with anything without any accountability" poo poo. blew up someone's house because a shoplifter who took some shirts and a belt from a walmart was hiding there.

BUT YOU DONT UNDERSTAND HE HAD A GUN!!!!!!!! THIS HOUSE HAS TO BE EXPLODED TO PROTECT THE PUBLIC!!!

There was also a 9-year-old kid in the house that they could have loving killed with that horseshit.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

What happens when a Marine kill team helicopters in to kill a dog?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

No thanks; the dog will be shot to death if it does this. I think it should just piss on his leg.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

friendbot2000 posted:

BUT YOU DONT UNDERSTAND HE HAD A GUN!!!!!!!! THIS HOUSE HAS TO BE EXPLODED TO PROTECT THE PUBLIC!!!

There was also a 9-year-old kid in the house that they could have loving killed with that horseshit.

And all of this done while acting as Walmart's loss prevention team.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

friendbot2000 posted:

cops blow up a innocent families house in pursuit of a suspect. family receives nothing in compensation

So the police can blow up your home and only give you 5k in rental assistance as compensation. I wonder what insurance policy is needed to protect against pig incursions?

I know this thread is all knee-jerk ACAB but the victims are not actually the owners of the property so they just lost use of the home, they hopefully had rental insurance which likely covered the monetary losses (implied by the $5k going towards a deductible) and just need to find a new place to live. The police wildly overreacted but surprisingly didn't end up killing any people or dogs, so honestly this is probably the best case outcome given how militarized the police have become (lol 20mm shells and tanks?).

The real travesty would be insurance not covering this, since you could wrap back around to ACAB and call the police terrorists and this being an act of terrorism, and insurance policies do not cover that.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Lightning Knight posted:

What happens when a Marine kill team helicopters in to kill a dog?

The best Air Bud sequel ever!

("There's nothing in your loving rulebook that says a dog can't take down a special forces team!")

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

ewiley posted:

I know this thread is all knee-jerk ACAB but the victims are not actually the owners of the property so they just lost use of the home, they hopefully had rental insurance which likely covered the monetary losses (implied by the $5k going towards a deductible) and just need to find a new place to live. The police wildly overreacted but surprisingly didn't end up killing any people or dogs, so honestly this is probably the best case outcome given how militarized the police have become (lol 20mm shells and tanks?).

The real travesty would be insurance not covering this, since you could wrap back around to ACAB and call the police terrorists and this being an act of terrorism, and insurance policies do not cover that.

I suggest reading the article

quote:

John Lech, his girlfriend and her son moved in with Leo Lech and his wife, who lived 30 miles away, requiring John to change jobs. The $5,000 offered by the city “was insulting,” Leo Lech said.

His expenses to rebuild the house and replace all its contents cost him nearly $400,000, he said. While insurance did cover structural damage initially, his son did not have renter’s insurance and so insurance did not cover replacement of the home’s contents, and he says he is still in debt today from loans he took out.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ewiley posted:

yeah they should just suck it up that cops and judges decided everything they owned was worth destroying over two shirts and a belt

gently caress offfffff

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

skylined! posted:

I suggest reading the article

Ok

quote:

any large expenses Lech incurred are because he chose to do more than necessary, and chose to “repour the foundation that wasn’t damaged, and [build] a bigger better house where the old one stood.” Lech insisted starting from scratch was necessary.

So they're trying to use insurance money to rebuild their house bigger, neglected to actually get the correct insurance to cover contents of their home, and somehow this is the city's fault? Do people sue God when a tornado comes through and they didn't buy the right insurance?

Captain Invictus posted:

yeah they should just suck it up that cops and judges decided everything they owned was worth destroying over two shirts and a belt

gently caress offfffff

And a high speed chase that endangered a bunch of people's lives with a possibly armed dude, sure. You guys really don't like context do you?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

gently caress offfffff

The sad thing is that apparently there is lots of precedent case law that supports the judge's ruling. That is the real crazy part about all of this. Imagine thinking that the 5th Amendment says it's okay for the government to nuke your house from orbit because a petty thief commandeered your kitchen. Just imagine.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Would Trump's Senate trial be public?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That sounds pretty uncomplicated

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

ewiley posted:

Ok

So they're trying to use insurance money to rebuild their house bigger, neglected to actually get the correct insurance to cover contents of their home, and somehow this is the city's fault? Do people sue God when a tornado comes through and they didn't buy the right insurance?

And a high speed chase that endangered a bunch of people's lives with a possibly armed dude, sure. You guys really don't like context do you?

The context of there being a 9-year-old in the house when they nuked it from orbit? The context of severe structural damage requires a lot of rebuilding and may very well require foundation repairs? The context of they should have had tried to negotiate with the man instead of endangering the life of the 9-year-old that was inside the house?

The amount of victim-blaming in your post is staggering. A person should not have to get insurance for the possibility that their home will be exploded by the police.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

quote:

The actress’ father says his daughter has a “platonic and respectful” friendship with the unpredictable Saudi royal.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

No thanks; the dog will be shot to death if it does this. I think it should just piss on his leg.

I don't think they would shoot a creature grappling the President

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

ewiley posted:

Ok

That was a quote from a spokewoman for the town. You are quoting propaganda to disprove the homeowner's need to make foundational repairs to their property after the local police drove a loving APC into it.

What the gently caress?

quote:

In no world was this

quote:

For 19 hours, the suspect holed up in a bathroom as a SWAT team fired gas munition and 40-millimeter rounds through the windows, drove an armored vehicle through the doors, tossed flash-bang grenades inside and used explosives to blow out the walls.

necessary to apprehend a shoplifter in a house with a pistol.

There is so, so, so much wrong with this story (from 2015) that it's loving insane you would bother to get caught up in attempting to hold accountable the renter or homeowner. Just loving nuts.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

ewiley posted:

Ok

Goddamn, you're loving dumb, you bootlicker.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I don't think they would shoot a creature grappling the President

...or would they?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

ewiley posted:

Ok

So if I destroy something of yours that isn't insured, I don't owe you anything?

Or is this only for cops

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Would Trump's Senate trial be public?

We've got exactly two precedents to look back on and only one since broadcast journalism existed.

So first, there's nothing stopping the senate from doing this in a closed session if they really, really want to. They'll have to change a few rules, but that's trivial when they'll have to establish the rules for their trial anyway.

It's a safe bet that it'll be on television. It's too significant of event for republicans not to want to use it for grandstanding. It's just if they wanted to keep people out, they could.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

ewiley posted:

That guy was already contained, blowing up the house was not necessary to protect anyone from imminent danger.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

VitalSigns posted:

So if I destroy something of yours that isn't insured, I don't owe you anything?

Or is this only for cops
This is correct. The insurance company would go after you though.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

ewiley posted:

Ok

This is a really disgusting post.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
*cops grind to a halt in front of your house in an APC, firing a 40mm cannon wildly into your living room, destroying every bit of your house and bifurcating your dog whose entrails now cover what was once your couch*

“Sorry but there was a guy hiding behind your house who stole a roll of toilet paper from The Dollar Store and...”

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Random Stranger posted:

So first, there's nothing stopping the senate from doing this in a closed session if they really, really want to. They'll have to change a few rules, but that's trivial when they'll have to establish the rules for their trial anyway.

It's a safe bet that it'll be on television. It's too significant of event for republicans not to want to use it for grandstanding. It's just if they wanted to keep people out, they could.

no, rules already exist, they'd need a majority to change them and in practice it's not going to happen because it'd require Romney, Murkowski, Collins, etc. to all be on board

this is why McConnell is holding briefings on what the rules are to inform the republicans about it, not discussing what they might be

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

friendbot2000 posted:

The context of there being a 9-year-old in the house when they nuked it from orbit? The context of severe structural damage requires a lot of rebuilding and may very well require foundation repairs? The context of they should have had tried to negotiate with the man instead of endangering the life of the 9-year-old that was inside the house?
They did, for 19 hours, and the kid wasn't in the house.

quote:

He emerged to find a man walking up the stairs, holding a gun. “He said, ‘I don’t want to hurt anybody. I just want to get away,' " Lech said.Minutes later, the boy walked out of the house unharmed.

quote:

The amount of victim-blaming in your post is staggering. A person should not have to get insurance for the possibility that their home will be exploded by the police.

Y..yes? It's not like you buy insurance specifically for when the cops come and blow up your house, it covers you for everything with a few exceptions. If the dude had rental insurance it would have covered the contents of his home either way.

Again, I'm not defending the police actions, they overreacted, but the dude was armed, and the kid was not in the house.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Do we know when the house vote is today?

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Flesh Forge posted:

Why does anyone give Trump credit for any skill at business, even now :confused:

The confidence game is a skill

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

cr0y posted:

Do we know when the house vote is today?

I'd like to know too. I've been looking, but cannot find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

ewiley posted:

They did, for 19 hours, and the kid wasn't in the house.

Y..yes? It's not like you buy insurance specifically for when the cops come and blow up your house, it covers you for everything with a few exceptions. If the dude had rental insurance it would have covered the contents of his home either way.

Again, I'm not defending the police actions, they overreacted, but the dude was armed, and the kid was not in the house.

So you think using a tank was an overreaction but also that there shouldn't be any consequences for the police or recourse for the victim. Interesting.