Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
Clark DOES look amazing in a wig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Toshimo posted:

Yes. To me, The Kryptonian is Clark's viewpoint of the self he doesn't want to be. And, in the end, it turns out that even that cynical, jaded version of himself is too human to abandon him, or the girl. Clark is his own harshest critic, and even in the cruelest light possible, he's still a hero.

I'm gonna borrow that angle, cus I really like it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Toshimo posted:

Yes. To me, The Kryptonian is Clark's viewpoint of the self he doesn't want to be. And, in the end, it turns out that even that cynical, jaded version of himself is too human to abandon him, or the girl. Clark is his own harshest critic, and even in the cruelest light possible, he's still a hero.
Also borrowing this.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Toshimo posted:

Okay, yeah, I can see that angle working.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dopes series of panels, but what's the go with the popped collar look?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Infinitum posted:

It looks cold. You pop your collar when it's cold.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Infinitum posted:

As a purely logical, rational Kryptonian he is part of an advanced species that recognises how Baller popped collars are.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Breetai posted:

Some people watched Superman III uncritically or in their formative years without realising it was a comedy.

Shouldn't a comedy be funny?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Alhazred posted:

Shouldn't a comedy be funny?

It had Richard Pryor!

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Which was the one with nuclear power villain? Either way everything after Superman II was just coke inspired craziness.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Madkal posted:

Which was the one with nuclear power villain? Either way everything after Superman II was just coke inspired craziness.

Superman IV: The Quest For Peace. Which was actually pretty much written by Reeves because that was the only way they could get him to do another movie.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Evil Mastermind posted:

Superman IV: The Quest For Peace. Which was actually pretty much written by Reeves because that was the only way they could get him to do another movie.

He didn't even bother getting into shape for IV and it's really obvious.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Push El Burrito posted:

It had Richard Pryor!
It didn't have jokes!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Alhazred posted:

It didn't have jokes!

quote:

Gus Gorman : Greed? Mrs. Ross, just a minute. Let me tell you something.

[goes down ski slope]

Gus Gorman : I can't ski!

If this isn't the height of comedy then I don't know what is.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Alhazred posted:

It didn't have jokes!

This may just be hyperbole, but I remember reading that they brought in Richard Pryor specifically because they thought they could just turn the camera on him, and he would improvise the movie into hilarity.

The problem was, it turned out that Pryor was a super big fan of Superman, and didn't want to upset his chance to be in a Superman movie, along with being nervous, and thus played the entire thing as straight and safe as possible.

Again, possibly hyperbole.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

There is a great book called Superman versus Hollywood about all the attempts made to make Superman films.

If talks about what happened in Superman III.
The script was supposed to feature Lex Luthor, Brianiac and Mr. Mxyptlyk.
For budget reasons they went with cheaper characters (and removed Supergirl to put her in her own spinoff.)

Richard Pryor got the gig because he did this stand up routine on a chat show and mentioned Superman on it.
So he probably was too nervous to do anything risky on the film.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Wasn't Superman III the one where a computer eats a woman alive before Superman breaks it apart?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Wasn't Superman III the one where a computer eats a woman alive before Superman breaks it apart?

I didn't realise Facebook was that old.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Kurui Reiten posted:

This may just be hyperbole, but I remember reading that they brought in Richard Pryor specifically because they thought they could just turn the camera on him, and he would improvise the movie into hilarity.

The problem was, it turned out that Pryor was a super big fan of Superman, and didn't want to upset his chance to be in a Superman movie, along with being nervous, and thus played the entire thing as straight and safe as possible.

Again, possibly hyperbole.

this is pretty drat funny so i guess it is a comedy after all

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Beachcomber posted:

I didn't realise Facebook was that old.

You just made me look it up and that movie is in fact older than Mark Zuckerberg.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Pretty much the high point of that movies and an oddly terrifying scene.

Especially when I was, like, six.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Sephyr posted:

Pretty much the high point of that movies and an oddly terrifying scene.

Especially when I was, like, six.

Being six is the reason I remember Superman IV fondly.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Dial H for Hero #7
So, the H Dial is a magical rotary phone/dial that temporarily transforms the dialer into a random superperson.
At this point in the story, all of Metropolis has dialed in and this issue breaks from the main characters to follow a few of these citizens. Throughout the issue, a mysterious anime magical girl has been flying around in the background without talking to anyone. Here we find out what her deal is.

NB: The comic doesn't usually look like that. This one had guest artists for each story. Though Joe Quinones does do amazing art pastiches in the normal issues.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Nov 19, 2019

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I can’t read it and I am infuriated.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I can read it just fine.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

She should have married Ilyana instead of Peter anyways.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Skwirl posted:

It is kind of creepy to marry the girl you read bedtime stories too no matter how many he'll dimensions are involved.

Beside Rachel was better for her.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The X-Men is basically creep cenyral. The moment young Jean entered old Cyclops started to hit on her for example.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Alhazred posted:

The X-Men is basically creep cenyral. The moment young Jean entered old Cyclops started to hit on her for example.

That didn't actually happen. Emma Frost made an accusation about it.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Skwirl posted:

Obviously she wanted to marry Peter, just so that when she has sexy times with Ilyana it now becomes Incest. She's all about adding to the kink.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Is there any established, happy relationship between major X-characters? I don't think even Professor X's thing with his bird alien lady lasted.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Sephyr posted:

Is there any established, happy relationship between major X-characters? I don't think even Professor X's thing with his bird alien lady lasted.

It's a soap opera with superpowers.

So... no.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Sephyr posted:

Rogue and Gambit are happily married, and had a fun series called Mr and Mrs X.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Sephyr posted:

Cannonball got married and had a kid with Smasher but for the amount you see them they might as well not exist...

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

TwoPair posted:

Cannonball got married and had a kid with Smasher but for the amount you see them they might as well not exist...

they were literally the focal point of a comic that came out yesterday

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
which one

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

site posted:

which one

New Mutants, which everyone should be reading even if they're not following any of the other Dawn of X books

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Open Marriage Night posted:

Rogue and Gambit are happily married, and had a fun series called Mr and Mrs X.

How'd they handle Rogue's powers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Mormonism.