Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaveSauce
Feb 15, 2004

Oh, how awkward.

MomJeans420 posted:

I bring my Pixel 2 in the shower with me every day, and I had my Samsung S7 in the pool for 10 mins in my pocket. Are modern phones really crapping out from being dropped in the toilet?

Uh, those are both phones with high IP ratings, and they are kind of the first/second generation of phones to have protection against water. It's still generally something you only get on higher end phones.

So yes, modern phones still get angry when you dunk them in poo poo water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

zelah posted:

Like...what are you doing on your phone in the shower? Are you talking? Posting?

The closest I get to that is setting my phone on the side of the tub between the shower curtains to listen to podcasts

Hint, he’s holding the phone with one hand, hope that helps.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

DaveSauce posted:

Uh, those are both phones with high IP ratings, and they are kind of the first/second generation of phones to have protection against water. It's still generally something you only get on higher end phones.

So yes, modern phones still get angry when you dunk them in poo poo water.

I'm ok then because I fill my toilet exclusively with Perrier.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Courtesy of the Austin thread: https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/austin-tx-entrepreneur-tarot-reader-money-diary

Lots of insane poo poo in there, I don't want to spoil things.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
That's a lot of sangrias.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

enraged_camel posted:

Courtesy of the Austin thread: https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/austin-tx-entrepreneur-tarot-reader-money-diary

I'll be honest, I am kinda jealous of her life.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
The last couple months have been pretty slow for me with clients, and I'm behind on some bills. I know I need to ask him for a loan (or maybe a gift, if he offers), but I'm not really looking forward to negotiating it.

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

Does the $40k include gifts as part of the arrangement?

E: I also am a little jealous. I mean I don't have to do anal to be able to buy stuff or anything but she also gets to bang multiple people, and she's obviously pretty enough to get into places for free. That's not a bad life.

BonerGhost fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Oct 31, 2019

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Industry: Witchcraft and Spiritual Work

:cawg:

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Ask/Tell > Business, Finance, and Careers > BWM 2019: My work is spiritually intense

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.

enraged_camel posted:

Ask/Tell > Business, Finance, and Careers > BWM 2019: My work is spiritually intense

Sorry this isn't the accounting thread

captkirk
Feb 5, 2010
"Is my lethargy and depression related to my constant and expensive day drinking? ... Nah, it's just that Mercury is retrograde AF"

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Eric the Mauve posted:

Hint, he’s holding the phone with one hand, hope that helps.

Not even that! I bring it in to play music, sometimes changing tracks, etc. Sometimes I get bored and record videos and send them out to my friends (but all above the waist).

Droo
Jun 25, 2003

MomJeans420 posted:

Not even that! I bring it in to play music, sometimes changing tracks, etc. Sometimes I get bored and record videos and send them out to my friends (but all above the waist).

Somehow your clarification made it even weirder

Adhemar
Jan 21, 2004

Kellner, da ist ein scheussliches Biest in meiner Suppe.

crazypeltast52 posted:

You use a lightsaber while baking though? I would like to know more.

How do you think the holes get into the donuts?

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Adhemar posted:

Some cleverdick does that.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Adhemar posted:

You act like none of us have been in a Krispy Kreme before.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

enraged_camel posted:

I will not read this whole thing, but all this doesn't even cover her list of monthly expense at the top right? $835 in weekly discretionary spending, while getting a bunch of poo poo for free or on discount. Woof.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

MomJeans420 posted:

Are you an influencer posting sexy shower videos?

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Bird in a Blender posted:

I will not read this whole thing, but all this doesn't even cover her list of monthly expense at the top right? $835 in weekly discretionary spending, while getting a bunch of poo poo for free or on discount. Woof.

I'm not trying to defend her, but she mentioned at one point that she bakes a lot of the expenditures with clients into her fees, not sure how it's offset though.

This was one of the more fun Money Diary reads, though. Usually I just read the ones for my city and judge them on where they go.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Droo posted:

Somehow your clarification made it even weiner

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

I'm not trying to defend her, but she mentioned at one point that she bakes a lot of the expenditures with clients into her fees, not sure how it's offset though.

This was one of the more fun Money Diary reads, though. Usually I just read the ones for my city and judge them on where they go.

what do you mean, "usually"?

are you implying you read these on a regular basis?

because this one made my brain melt with its banality.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

I had my storage unit robbed and the insurance people are lowballing me (self.personalfinance)

submitted a minute ago by Paint_chip_ship

https://old.reddit.com/r/personalfinance/comments/dqbzmr/i_had_my_storage_unit_robbed_and_the_insurance/

quote:

About two months ago my storage unit was robbed of almost $2000 worth of stuff. I luckily had coverage for up to that exact amount. I itemized and priced accordingly and submitted all the paperwork and photos they needed. My claim came to about $1900.

Today they say they sent me a check for $1200. It will barely be enough to cover the 2 collector edition Xbox ones and elite controllers I lost.

Is there anything I can I do to fight for a more fair settlement in this situation?

The implication here is that he's renting a storage unit for $2k worth of stuff. I really think I need in on this storage business.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Motronic posted:

I had my storage unit robbed and the insurance people are lowballing me (self.personalfinance)

https://old.reddit.com/r/personalfinance/comments/dqbzmr/i_had_my_storage_unit_robbed_and_the_insurance/

The implication here is that he's renting a storage unit for $2k worth of stuff. I really think I need in on this storage business.
Also that more than 50% of the value of the storage unit was on two XBoxes that would fit on a small shelf, with room to spare.

I can't remember if it was a YouTube video or an article I was reading that mentioned that Americans spend over $24 billion a year on storage units. Like... that poo poo is loving crazy. Even my parents have a couple of sheds full of stuff out back on the full acre they live on, though I keep trying to convince them to cut back.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

enraged_camel posted:

what do you mean, "usually"?

are you implying you read these on a regular basis?

because this one made my brain melt with its banality.

They'll sometimes pop up on what I still call the "Google Now" feed - it looks like the ones for my city are only once every few months. So I guess a few times a year?

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.

Motronic posted:

I had the same problem. The insurance company wouldn't reimburse me for the Jackson Pollock painting or my Action Comics #1 that I lost. Assholes.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Motronic posted:

Also just in general there is a surprising amount of people who carefully and meticously itemize and log their possessions, sometimes on video too, and the items are suddenly "stolen" or "torched from a sudden fire"

He probably thinks his "collectors edition" xbox is worth $500 since obviously it must increase in value. Its a collectors edition.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Motronic posted:

Leaving game consoles or other valuable electronics in a storage unit seems like a bad idea.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Xbox Xquity

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Thanatosian posted:

Also that more than 50% of the value of the storage unit was on two XBoxes that would fit on a small shelf, with room to spare.

I can't remember if it was a YouTube video or an article I was reading that mentioned that Americans spend over $24 billion a year on storage units. Like... that poo poo is loving crazy. Even my parents have a couple of sheds full of stuff out back on the full acre they live on, though I keep trying to convince them to cut back.

Yeah why should I limit myself to just paying the landlord of my house. I should have a landlord for my stuff.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

:golfclap:

Guest2553 fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Nov 2, 2019

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Ahhh, soldiers. A deep, deep pool of both BWM and in this case theft of government property.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Motronic posted:

Ahhh, soldiers. A deep, deep pool of both BWM and in this case theft of government property.

Come on, he only “kinda” sold it, which makes it okay

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Haven't seen this posted yet:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/dpnzup/i_recorded_todays_marketopen_and_the_instant/

Dude recorded himself going into about $50,000 in debt as soon as the market opened yesterday after he abused a loop hole with Robinhood's trading.

quote:

With Robinhood Gold, you can use what's called Margin to trade with increased Buying Power. So I did an instant deposit of 2000 dollars (the minimum required to access Gold Trading), and then I bought 100 shares of AMD for 3,800 or so, with margin. Then I sold an AMD Call Contract with a 2 dollar price strike to get almost all my money back (it's important to find a stock that has Call Options with such low strike prices like Ford, GE, etc). Then I use that money to buy TWO hundred shares of AMD because remember, margin doubles my buying power, then I sell 2 Call Contracts witht he same 2 dollar strike price to get almost all my money back, which is then doubled again thanks to Robinhood's Margin. I repeat this until I am sufficiently leveraged for my Personal Risk Tolerance. Right now, I am at 25x leverage because I had 2000 dollars in Instant Deposits. I then use my increased buying power to maximize my gains.

Sepherothic
Feb 8, 2003

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ came here to post this.

They found it. They found the singularity of BWM and it was live streamed on an iphone that had appl puts.

It's glorious.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Photex posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/dpnzup/i_recorded_todays_marketopen_and_the_instant/

Dude recorded himself going into about $50,000 in debt as soon as the market opened yesterday after he abused a loop hole with Robinhood's trading.

"Guh"

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY

Sepherothic posted:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ came here to post this.

They found it. They found the singularity of BWM and it was live streamed on an iphone that had appl puts.

It's glorious.

Huh? It was on an Android.

Is this a trap sprung?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

Photex posted:

His posts are wild. He’s sired three sons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

For real though, a lady in a neighborhood near mine owns a retired miniature horse who used to be a therapy animal who's visit children and all that, and the horse is cute as all get out. She posted a photo of him yesterday dressed up as a ghost for Halloween, and it was :3: