Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Nocturne update: Finished Yoyogi Park! I noticed there was a sharp increase in enemy difficulty around the time I chased Isamu in the Amala Network, mostly because enemies have enough HP that even Boosted spells can't quite finish them off before they get a turn. It kind of feels like enemy AI is more forgiving when at full HP since they start pulling out their nastier moves if I can't kill them fast enough. Was exploring the Obelisk before when an Eligor popped a Dragon's Eye and nailed me with a stray Mudo. :v:

As for the story, it started out pretty chill but now it feels like things are happening left and right and constantly giving you a feeling of not knowing where you stand. The Reasons (or lack of, in Yuko's case) are all interesting, and part of that is because I don't think they would truly be happy if they achieve their own world. Chiaki wants a world of the strong, but she's not that strong herself so she's setting herself up as prey in her world. And even if she somehow was strong, she's still signing herself up for a life of constantly looking over her shoulder for threats.

Hikawa wants a world where everyone's brainwashed to not be greedy and work for the collective good. The symbolism of all the Amala drums spinning quietly in a white void was nice too. But Hikawa's a hypocrite because it's his greed and ambition that started all this mess in the first place. Once in his world of Stillness, he'll just find himself just as stifled when he was a member of the Gaea Cult.

From what I've seen of Isamu's Reason, it seems like he's got a consistent ideology so far. He wants to be alone, so at least he's trying to achieve his goals on his own. I'm not so sure if I buy that he truly wants a world of loneliness when he started the story trying to find Yuko so badly.

As for Yuko, it's interesting how she's approaching things from the completely opposite end compared to the others. She got herself a god first, but there's no telling if it's benevolent or just using her. She once has a ton of Magatsuhi but now she had to ask me to find that artifact in Yoyogi Park for her. The weirdest thing is how she can't come up with a Reason, and is just waiting around for her god to give her one. She means well, but she's so indecisive that I don't feel too good about her chances for the future.

At least Futomimi determined to come up with a world for Manikins or Hijiri talking about mastering the Amala Network soon means there's still a chance for some sort of Neutral path here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

Speaking of Persona 5, isn't Royal suppose to come out soon?

In Japan, yes

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Mraagvpeine posted:

Speaking of Persona 5, isn't Royal suppose to come out soon?

31st in Japan, Spring 2020 for everyone else I believe.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Wrex Ruckus posted:

I guess nothing at all was shown at TGS? That's not a good sign.

Atlus usually announces stuff whenever they feel like it (at their own events) and not coinciding with trade shows.
Hoping to see something after the Japanese release of P5R and P5S.

Item Getter fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Oct 25, 2019

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

So with Scramble being a follow-up to P5, is it canon to the original release or The Royal? I haven't had a chance to watch the new trailer yet.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Detective No. 27 posted:

So with Scramble being a follow-up to P5, is it canon to the original release or The Royal? I haven't had a chance to watch the new trailer yet.

It seems to happen shortly/immediately after the ending of P5 (No surprise there. That road trip was begging to be filled with sequels.)
Most likely, it will be consistent with either version.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
Ugh am I really going to have to grind up even more money in SMT4: Apocalypse so half my party doesn't get oneshot by super Krishna?

I've already wasted so much of my life in the bottom right corner of the map looking for loot items.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

nrook posted:

Ugh am I really going to have to grind up even more money in SMT4: Apocalypse so half my party doesn't get oneshot by super Krishna?

I've already wasted so much of my life in the bottom right corner of the map looking for loot items.

That fight stopped me dead in my tracks and I was ready for the game to be over so I just turned down the difficulty.

What difficulty are you on? I was told t o turn down the difficulty so the Compendium could be cheaper. Prices scale by difficulty level. There is also the easy money DLC which I had to liberally use by the end.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

I’m on War, so yeah, it’s going to be ugly. I don’t even think grinding up to level 99 would help much.

Oh yeah, what would be a good ultimate physical attack to give to Nanashi, and where could I get it? I feel like Nihil Claw went out of style a long time ago.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

The only things better than Nihil Claw are Hell Thrust from Mara or Akasha Arts from Shiva and those are learned at 95 and 99 respectively so Nihil Claw is pretty much it.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

nrook posted:

I think that was the fight that I ended up breaking by constantly keeping buffs up and then using Imposing Stance. When he loses a press turn he ends up wasting his time clearing your buffs and can't get much damage off.

Fhistleb
Dec 31, 2008

Tell me more about your sandwiches.

nrook posted:

Buffs, use buffs sparingly. You have to make Krishna wait a push turn debuffing you. You'll also need to debuff K-dog.

Its a bad fight, but the later ones get fun.

Edit: Who are you using for an AI partner?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Anyone playing P5:R and could they tell me about all the new events with Akechi? Thanks.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Alder posted:

Anyone playing P5:R and could they tell me about all the new events with Akechi? Thanks.

there's an ongoing spoiler thread in Reddit, none of the streamers appear to have gotten that far yet

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Alder posted:

Akechi apparently is a fake in the extended semester which is an idealistic fake reality where among other things he turned/was good, the real deal lives through the boat and brutally kills the fake

Also his social link has a hot springs challenge and a 1v1 duel

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Oct 31, 2019

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Persona 5 Royal is very upsetting because it does the worst twist and fan fiction theories

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

TheKingofSprings posted:

Akechi apparently is a fake in the extended semester which is an idealistic fake reality where among other things he turned/was good, the real deal lives through the boat and brutally kills the fake

Huh, I think that's the most confusing way they could have handled that.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

this sounds incredible

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Also Kasumi is not playable for most of the game, up to and including Shido’s palace

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

TheKingofSprings posted:

Also Kasumi is not playable for most of the game, up to and including Shido’s palace

Geez, and and I thought Haru got shafted.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

whats even the point

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
from the very start kasumi felt like she existed just so Atlus could put a new face in the ads

P5 has too many characters to begin with

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Oxxidation posted:

from the very start kasumi felt like she existed just so Atlus could put a new face in the ads

P5 has too many characters to begin with

Kasumi manages to find a way to come face to face with the creator of all things and asks why she was even born.

The creator answers, merchandising. DLC. All that stuff:

https://twitter.com/Persona_Central/status/1189570051365638149

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

If the new content is so heavily backloaded as it seems, it's even more annoying that you can't transfer a vanilla save.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Kasumi manages to find a way to come face to face with the creator of all things and asks why she was even born.

The creator answers: BECAUSE A MAN AND A WOMAN HAD SEX UNLIKE HOMOS WHO CANT REPRODUCE

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Junpei Hyde posted:

whats even the point

royal.txt

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
I'm looking at the some new added stuff surrounding Shiho and I'm just legit like "... but...... why"

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

MechaX posted:

I'm looking at the some new added stuff surrounding Shiho and I'm just legit like "... but...... why"

All the changes surround the whole first arc/palace seem so weird to me cause that was like...the one bit of the game where the writing managed t oerally land and also have pacing that worked. Why add and change poo poo to it, lol.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

MechaX posted:

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

What was the added Shiho stuff? :ohdear:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Booky posted:

What was the added Shiho stuff? :ohdear:

Spoiler and NSFW probably

https://imgur.com/DOqnLzb

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Ahh... this is during the Kamoshida boss, right? (never played P5) It feels kinda strange to add that, imo.

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015
Supremely good actually that Atlus is apparently taking the mask off now and using their second chance at giving P5 a decent plot to downgrade the parts that worked on accident, shoehorn in a mysterious new girl with even less effort then usual, and also give Mementos a theme that doesn't sound like murder I guess?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

You know they could amp up the post Madarame dungeons as well because I felt like after Kamoshida they stopped being disturbing looks into the minds of these individuals and instead were just themed dungeons I ran around for a few hours. Burger Time was the only exception and it's one of the only other Dungeons I cared for in the game. Stuff like finding a back room in the bank where ATM's that couldn't make payments have been gutted to scrap their components.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if they wanted a new female party member and wanted to give shiho more stuff

perhaps

they could have combined these things?

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Give Shiho a gun

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So she can kill herself faster....?

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
So she can defeat the embodiment of humanity's collective death drive.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Endorph posted:

if they wanted a new female party member and wanted to give shiho more stuff

perhaps

they could have combined these things?

did someone say more gay jokes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

I'm not convinced "Shiho shows up at the end of the game as the protagonist of one of those revenge thriller flicks" is actually a good or tasteful idea but it's definitely an awesome one