Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Ash's quartz is pretty useful, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/pwc_tem/status/1188677015819309057

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Oh goddammit, something bad is gonna happen to Altina, isn't it? She reminds me an awful lot of Lenneth. Fortunately, Rean is a better dad than Odin

Rabbi Raccoon fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Oct 29, 2019

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I keep buying all the hair changing items, and will continue to do so, and then never, ever equip them. Also, they change the eye color too, which I feel is much more important.

OK, I have a question and need my heart broken. Don't click unless you've beaten Chapter 1

Agate mentions when you're going up to Hamel that before, a couple friends came up and wound up getting killed for their trouble, but he didn't elaborate on this in any sequence I saw.

.....is he talking about Kurt (The OG Kurt), Carna and Grant? ............Or Rocco, Rais, and Deen? Someone else? Do we even know?

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!

Veryslightlymad posted:

I keep buying all the hair changing items, and will continue to do so, and then never, ever equip them. Also, they change the eye color too, which I feel is much more important.

OK, I have a question and need my heart broken. Don't click unless you've beaten Chapter 1

Agate mentions when you're going up to Hamel that before, a couple friends came up and wound up getting killed for their trouble, but he didn't elaborate on this in any sequence I saw.

.....is he talking about Kurt (The OG Kurt), Carna and Grant? ............Or Rocco, Rais, and Deen? Someone else? Do we even know?

He didn't mention anyone getting killed? He was talking about Estelle and Joshua, but they're very much alive and well.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Logicblade posted:

He didn't mention anyone getting killed? He was talking about Estelle and Joshua, but they're very much alive and well.

No, before that. Unless I misread and he was talking about the people who were killed during the disaster. Kind of annoying that I can back track thru the "Oh, look! A treasure chest" dialogue, but not the, you know, plot.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Veryslightlymad posted:

No, before that. Unless I misread and he was talking about the people who were killed during the disaster. Kind of annoying that I can back track thru the "Oh, look! A treasure chest" dialogue, but not the, you know, plot.

Uh, you can. There is both the voiced field dialogue rollback and all other conversation rollback. Press up on the dpad.

As for who he's talking about, he's referring to a single idiot who got himself killed.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Terper posted:

Uh, you can. There is both the voiced field dialogue rollback and all other conversation rollback. Press up on the dpad.

As for who he's talking about, he's referring to a single idiot who got himself killed.

Cassius got killed offscreen

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Cassius got killed offscreen

I know it’s almost Halloween, but please don’t try to give people a Cassius Fright.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

BearDrivingTruck posted:

I know it’s almost Halloween, but please don’t try to give people a Cassius Fright.

It's like the Shia LeBeouf song but with Cassius Bright

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Ha, Giga Murder Crab sure is an amazing name for a monster.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Really Machias? "You failed your inspection" is one of the worst ultimate attack one-liners I've heard. I was right to hate you from the beginning

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Man the bosses do not gently caress around in this :(

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Sakurazuka posted:

Man the bosses do not gently caress around in this :(

The first couple bosses were just absolute murder for me. Then I started using Brave Orders that let you break them faster and once they're broken the BOs that keep your delay low. I really haven't struggled on a boss in like 40 hours since. I think the early game is rough going because you really don't have any of the options the game expects you to use.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Levantine posted:

The first couple bosses were just absolute murder for me. Then I started using Brave Orders that let you break them faster and once they're broken the BOs that keep your delay low. I really haven't struggled on a boss in like 40 hours since. I think the early game is rough going because you really don't have any of the options the game expects you to use.

It kinda seems to balance out though, because (At least in the first two chapters) the insanely broken combo isn't available for the final fights, which are both against multiple enemies. I haven't found anything too difficult yet, except the Chapter 2 Keep boss and that's only because I misunderstood the wording for Sledgehammer

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
There is also the odd difficulty effect where portions where Rean is with old class vii or supposedly-overpowered allies can be much tougher since you can't Sledgehammer.... especially against enemies with power-up state.
Like Gaius's order is 4BP, and has a smaller break bonus. Yeah, it also throws in a big heal, but that doesn't help me if I am at 3bp, does it?

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
What's nutty to me is how frequently Rean's Iron Will never makes any difference. 50% damage reduction often merely translates to "I am barely dead" instead of "I am hella dead".

Iunno if it's a Hard difficulty thing, but you'd think something that high would be fine. Bosses feel like they've overcompensated for strategies from 1 and 2. Almost no status has a reasonable chance to hit.

On another note, Aurelia might be the worst written character in the series. She feels like a bad fanfic insert was given plot prominence and I hate her.

Veryslightlymad fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Oct 31, 2019

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
She seems fine to me thus far, up to mid Chapter 3.

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004

Veryslightlymad posted:

On another note, Aurelia might be the worst written character in the series. She feels like a bad fanfic insert was given plot prominence and I hate her.

I don't know how far you are into the game, but it just keeps getting worse.. It's so bad I keep thinking the Phantasma is leaking into reality.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Idk what y'all are talking about, but I liked her opening ceremony speech, so...:shrug:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

She seems fine to me thus far, up to mid Chapter 3.

Same, not sure what about her is supposed to make me shakingly angry.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

is it just that shes super strong because the trails series has tons of ridiculously strong people who are stronger than the previously super strong people

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Endorph posted:

is it just that shes super strong because the trails series has tons of ridiculously strong people who are stronger than the previously super strong people

That was my impression after posting honestly. She's hyper competent, but also this game world is full of people like that so who cares.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Aurelia owns

Aureliowns

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Oh I do have something to be mad at her about: She hasn't put Leonora in class VII yet :colbert:

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Characters should not have two nicknames, pick one of the almighty conflagration or the blazing demon and stick with it.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!

Starsnostars posted:

Characters should not have two nicknames, pick one of the almighty conflagration or the blazing demon and stick with it.

That's why he's known as Mcfirebro now.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Starsnostars posted:

I think it's supposed to be based on which form he is, but I agree it's confusing, especially since it feels backwards? And also the most appropriate title for Shirley is not one of the two she has, but one Ash coined: Little Miss warcrimes.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

BrightWing posted:

Aurelia owns

Aureliowns

I also enjoy Aurelia hamming it up at all times.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Oh Snapple! posted:

That was my impression after posting honestly. She's hyper competent, but also this game world is full of people like that so who cares.

Everyone else has character flaws and/or pathos. Even McBurn, Cassius, Sharon......

Aurelia is presented similar to the psychopath from Battle Royale, without being a psychopath. Being written without a soul only works if you're presented as not having one

Edit:
A left field reveal that Aurelia is a reborn Dreichels and not Rean, Osborne, or Olivier, would honestly kind of own, though.

Veryslightlymad fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Oct 31, 2019

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Aurelia is great and in a better world we would be friends and she'd teach me how to play piano

:)

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Aurelia owns, she just does not care in the best way possible :allears:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Veryslightlymad posted:

Everyone else has character flaws and/or pathos. Even McBurn, Cassius, Sharon......

Aurelia is presented similar to the psychopath from Battle Royale, without being a psychopath. Being written without a soul only works if you're presented as not having one

Edit:
A left field reveal that Aurelia is a reborn Dreichels and not Rean, Osborne, or Olivier, would honestly kind of own, though.
What on earth

Shes insanely overambitious to the point of literally never being satisfied

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Endorph posted:

What on earth

Shes insanely overambitious to the point of literally never being satisfied

That's like a thing you put on a job interview as a biggest flaw to hide where all the bodies are.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

She's also extremely aware that she and the rest of the branch campus are trapped in a political game to see how soon they can gently caress up and be thrown away, and has come to the conclusion that the only way is to try to push straight forwards.

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004
The only way I could argue my case against Aurelia would be inside a huge spoiler block so I think I won't say anything for now. She's tolerable until a certain point and I don't think many people have reached that point yet.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Personally, I am eternally thankful to Aurelia for letting us actually straight-up win a fight with Ouroboros for the first time in forever.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Veryslightlymad posted:

That's like a thing you put on a job interview as a biggest flaw to hide where all the bodies are.
what

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

"I am too motivated to help your coporation succeed."

Although in Aurelia's case she's actually guilty of treason against the country, so there's that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Logicblade posted:

That's why he's known as Mcfirebro now.

The strongest of all nicknames.