Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Shifty Pony posted:

The same one thousands of snowbirds do.

Florida has no state income tax.

Yeah but why now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So what kind of tax scam is he running here?

He may be trying take advantage of their ridiculous homestead exemption laws. Florida's a great place to run away to if you're a sloppy businessman because you can sink tons of money into your principal residence and people cannot force you to sell the property to pay off your debts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homestead_exemption_in_Florida

https://grpllaw.com/2017/08/07/950/

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Is it a tax scam or an attempt to escape justice with the SDNY breathing down your neck fat folds? Either way, I hope they're still able to nail his rear end to the wall.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

The biggest question really is why it took him so long to do this.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

GreyjoyBastard posted:

can't prosecute a Florida citizen for crimes in New York!

That was my exact thought. He probably thinks he can dodge the SDNY by declaring himself a legal Florida Man because he thinks cops can't cross state lines or something.

Again, its most likely the thinking of an Incredibly Analog Man whose mental development and understanding of concepts stopped in the 70s.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Maybe he's officially declaring mar a lago the new southern capital, in preparation for the new civil war?

It's probably just about taxes.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

I think it’s actually because he doesn’t want to be loudly booed by the entire population of Manhattan when he does the traditional “president votes for himself” photo op next year.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

skylined! posted:

Maybe he's officially declaring mar a lago the new southern capital, in preparation for the new civil war?

It's probably just about taxes.

And here I'd thought he had defeated taxes forever by just not paying them

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

There’s no way he was paying any taxes so he must have found something in Florida that allows him to actively bilk the government out of more money.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008
Maybe Trump is signalling that he's about to resign, and since he's not welcome in New York anymore, he'll retire to Florida

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
The Actual Laws Trump Has Broken, Just With the Ukraine and China Affairs, Could Land Him 10 Years in Prison
theintercept.com/October 10 2019
"They are, however, indictable. A variety of felony criminal statutes plainly implicate Trump’s behavior, and come with lengthy prison sentences — the types of sentences doled out for high crimes, to say nothing of misdemeanors. Indeed, many of them are straightforward. Altogether, if the impeachment inquiry is limited simply to Trump’s pressure on Ukraine, the charges could amount to more than 10 years in prison."

[Oldish, but useful.]

Trump Is Committing 'Felony Bribery' by Giving Fundraising Cash to GOP Senators Ahead of Impeachment Trial: Ex-Bush Ethics Lawyer
newsweek.com/10/31/19
'Attorney Richard Painter, who served as the chief White House ethics lawyer in the George W. Bush administration, warned on Thursday that President Donald Trump appeared to be committing "felony bribery" by giving Republican senators fundraising cash ahead of an increasingly likely impeachment trial in the Senate.'

[Wishing Congress had the time and the political spine to pile this poo poo on.]

Republicans Storm Out of Veterans' Affairs Committee, Refuse to Vote on Health Care Bill for Women Veterans
newsweek.com/10/30/19
"Republicans were accused of trying to attach "poison pill" amendments to a bill on female veterans health care after they stormed out of the House Veterans Affairs Committee on Tuesday.

GOP committee members were filmed leaving a hearing room by Stars and Stripes reporter Steve Beynon after Chairman Mark Takano stopped debate on their proposed additions to the Deborah Sampson Act, a decision Republicans later called "partisan" and "shameful."

California Democrat Takano suggested that he stopped the debate because Republicans were trying to introduce "toxic, partisan amendments" to a bill that aimed to improve health care offered to female veterans at VA medical facilities."

Do you have a preexisting condition? Senate GOP just voted to let insurers discriminate against you
frontpagelive.com/10/31/2019
"In a nearly unanimous vote on Wednesday, the Republicans in the Senate defeated the Democrats’ attempt to repeal Trump’s rule that sabotages the Affordable Care Act and allows for discrimination against people with preexisting conditions."

Florida principal fired after saying he couldn't confirm Holocaust as 'factual' event
"A former Florida high school principal who expressed doubt about the legitimacy of the Holocaust has been fired.

The Palm Beach County School Board on Tuesday voted 5-2 to end William Latson's employment at Spanish River Community High School, CNN reported, citing records from the board meeting. Latson had previously been reassigned after revelations about his views of the Holocaust surfaced."

Opinion: The $15 minimum wage was supposed to hurt New York City restaurants — but both revenue and employment are up
marketwatch.com/Oct 28, 2019
"Prices are up, but that hasn’t stopped people from eating out"

United States currently has more than 40 million pounds of excess bacon
nydailynews.com/Oct 28, 2019
"Pork belly is the portion of the pig used to make bacon."

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Thank god he’s not New York’s problem anymore :byewhore:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

https://twitter.com/Fahrenthold/status/1190042991928528899

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Yeah but why now.

it may have been NY going gung-ho on getting his taxes

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

parents should have taught the kid to flick that poo poo into the houses window.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Checking candy for poison: still in style!

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

It reads "Support president Trump" but it screams, "Please toilet paper my house!"

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Ice Phisherman posted:

It reads "Support president Trump" but it screams, "Please toilet paper my house!"

Does Washington DC have Castle Doctrine?

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Does Washington DC have Castle Doctrine?

Technically.

https://www.pewpewtactical.com/gun-laws-state/washington-dc-gun-laws/

quote:

Defending the castle
Under what is commonly referred to as the “Castle Doctrine”, DC law allows you to use deadly force in self-defense if you believed it was necessary to defend yourself while at home.

Specifically, you are allowed to use deadly force if you reasonably believe that it is necessary to defend yourself or another person from imminent danger of death or serious bodily harm.

To defend yourself.

quote:

This does not allow you to protect your property, however. If someone is just stealing your TV and running out the door, you cannot use deadly force to stop them. If they point a gun at you, then that’s a different story.

Toilet papering someone's property is not included in castle doctrine.

This overly serious explanation is brought to you by beer.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Herstory Begins Now posted:

what is it with conservatives and literally the worst bargain-bin-beginner-beards
They don't haggle.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

PhazonLink posted:

parents should have taught the kid to flick that poo poo into the houses window.

I mean in defense is there an RNC badge is pretty creepy, so perfect for Halloween!

...although still, don't screw people out of treats. Not cool. :(

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

dr_rat posted:

I mean in defense is there an RNC badge is pretty creepy, so perfect for Halloween!

...although still, don't screw people out of treats. Not cool. :(

or do a better trick.

Ice Phisherman posted:

Technically.

https://www.pewpewtactical.com/gun-laws-state/washington-dc-gun-laws/

To defend yourself.

Toilet papering someone's property is not included in castle doctrine.

This overly serious explanation is brought to you by beer.

what if they fail the paper bag test?

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
Grimey Drawer

GreyjoyBastard posted:

can't prosecute a Florida citizen for crimes in New York!

-Rudy Giuliani, noted legal expert.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Thought I was in the Costco thread for a second

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Willo567 posted:

https://twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC/status/1189939490959364096

Don't worry guys, president Graham is here to stop Turkey!

Lol, the "US Congress/turkish" relationship.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Yeah but why now.

Would be nice to think that our dear poo poo smear leader is in full-stop panic mode and that this Administration is full chaos mode but. Not sure how we can tell.

https://i.imgur.com/67LcGHO.mp4

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
King Votes Against House Democrats “Halloween Impeachment Trick”
steveking.house.gov/Oct 31, 2019

Press Release

“President Trump is correct to describe this a witch hunt, and the President’s phrase takes on added significance with the actions of the Democrats in the House today.”

'“Today is Halloween, and the hyper-partisan, impeach-at-all-costs, Democratic majority in the House has just played a Halloween impeachment trick on all of America,” said King. “I reject the Democrats’ efforts to legitimize this sham impeachment process, and all Americans should be concerned that the person most empowered by the House impeachment resolution voted on today is Rep. Adam Schiff, a man who just faced a censure effort based on his efforts to deceive the American public on this subject, and who has just had an ethics complaint filed against him as well. President Trump is correct to describe this as a witch hunt, and the President's phrase takes on added significance with the actions of the Democrats in the House today."'

"H.R. 660 passed the House of Representatives today on a hyper-partisan vote of 232-196 with King voting against the legislation. Not a single House Republican member voted in favor of the Democrats’ impeachment resolution, and two House Democrats joined with Republicans in opposition to the resolution. As a result of these votes, only those in opposition to the impeachment resolution can be said to have acted in a bi-partisan fashion."

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Hope he has his passport ready

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/NikkiMcR/status/1190052482279497730

edit - :wtc:
https://twitter.com/NikkiMcR/status/1190057402965659648

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Melania is changing residency too so Trump can make sure she votes correctly.

He'll win Florida by 1 vote. You hate to see it.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

I'm guessing Tucker is going to be going on another "vacation" soon

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

Saxophone posted:

I drive a carolla, love em, my last 3 were carollas, and because of this, this will be my last carolla.

It's made so much sweeter knowing they shot themselves in the dick for nothing.

Now I need to head to the car forums to figure out what the hell I'm gonna buy now.

Honda is there for you.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

https://twitter.com/apsouthregion/status/1189610555545444359?s=21

Thought this was kind of interesting that it seems Northam has weathered the storm. His policies have been solidly liberal and it seems he’s genuine in his outreach to the African American community in the months since.

Election less than a week away in Virginia and I don’t think I’ve seen a single campaign ad trying to tie Dems to the scandal (as opposed to some ads I’ve seen tying Dems to Justin Fairfax sexually assaulting women)

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Saxophone posted:

I drive a carolla, love em, my last 3 were carollas, and because of this, this will be my last carolla.

It's made so much sweeter knowing they shot themselves in the dick for nothing.

Now I need to head to the car forums to figure out what the hell I'm gonna buy now.

Buy a used tesla. EVs take about 5 years to get to carbon neutral/net positive (manufacturing ain't green). Just make sure to get one from a local private dealer so Elon doesn't get any money. You can even get one that has free charging forever and be a net negative to the company.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Isn't a used Telsa eith going to be more expensive because its a survivor or a non0 chance of being a flaming lemon?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/DavidMDrucker/status/1190075399654559745

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

oh no

please don't do that

anything but that

:geno:

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

It’s kinda cliche at this point but this is some Orwellian poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Oh my god yes please