Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

power_bal posted:

i would post a selfie now but goons have low t so they won't get horny over me and send me funny DMs

horny is actually mandatory now so your PM's will be chock full of sexual harassment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

power_bal
Nov 1, 2019

The Original Peebs

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Cspam stands for centrist spam

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

Poniard posted:

horny is prohibited

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Chokes McGee posted:

a new thread?

hmm

the loom of fate thunks for us all

power_bal
Nov 1, 2019

I have to go to bed now but please everyone think about after i got banned but then people posted my tweets in the thread anyway lol

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Xaris posted:

yeah it's kinda sad but halloween and dicking around in your neighborhood is pretty much dead. only retired boomers own houses, suburbs n poo poo are super atomized adn no ones each other nor wants to. it reall seems like it's become consolidated to a few hot spots like a church parking lot, or walmart parking lot, amybe some business-district event where you go to barber shops n flower shops n get candy, or a few destination streets that shut down a street. its kinda weird my street is a destination street bc it's not ritzy, esp compared to loads of neighborhoods nearby, but i guess parking and traffic is light here so mayhbe thats how it started.

honestly its kinda overwhelming because it's just non-stop deluge from like 5pm to 9pm and you just guzzle through the bags super quick. also lots of kids are greedy and grab handfuls at a time but o well i don't say anything.

I was talking with my mom about this earlier tonight, it's just gone through the same process everything else goes through with capitalism, certain neighborhoods are completely dead (we used to get a steady stream of 'treaters every halloween but 0 tonight) while other neighborhoods are completely overwhelmed

she was talking about this one neighborhood in Bellevue that had like a dozen cop cars stationed because they were getting slammed with treaters nonstop from 4 pm to 7 pm

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

power_bal posted:

i would post a selfie now but goons have low t so they won't get horny over me and send me funny DMs

https://i.imgur.com/JAfWxhG.mp4

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

power_bal posted:

I have to go to bed now but please everyone think about after i got banned but then people posted my tweets in the thread anyway lol

Sleep tight. Like real tight. Like don't come back tight.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

SKULL.GIF posted:

I was talking with my mom about this earlier tonight, it's just gone through the same process everything else goes through with capitalism, certain neighborhoods are completely dead (we used to get a steady stream of 'treaters every halloween but 0 tonight) while other neighborhoods are completely overwhelmed

she was talking about this one neighborhood in Bellevue that had like a dozen cop cars stationed because they were getting slammed with treaters nonstop from 4 pm to 7 pm

yeah it's kinda cool for the first hour or two but it also really sucks by the end of the night and i'm just exhausted with a headache now. shame because there are lots of streets around that i think want to give out poo poo, and it's a relatively dense city with lots of quad/duplexes n small yards, but i guess they just don't get any because :shrug:

i remember just walking out my door as a kid and wandering around the cul-de-sac and going streets up and gathering poo poo from neighbors. somehow it doesnt seem as fun to have to hop in a car and drive somewhere.

anyways death to capitalism

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

truly cspam embodies the sacred spirit of hallowtide

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Nae! posted:

the loom of fate thunks for us all

after I’m done with this I’m going to do :hmmyes: in frame order

power_bal
Nov 1, 2019

Turdfuzz posted:

thinking about being a c-tier poster but then just hanging around for 4 years until i become good in virtue of being around the longest

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

oh good

more twitter weirdos

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Turdfuzz posted:

serves u right

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Re first date movies, I watched sicario on a first date, it wasn't good

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

DryGoods posted:

oh good

more twitter weirdos

ur monitors off again

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

no one even tried to come by again this year and i haven't bought candy for a few years because i'd just end up eating all of it like the prez since halloween is legit a mostly dead holiday

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Mayor Dave posted:

watch Midsommar as a first date movie

you'll thank me later

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

triple sulk posted:

no one even tried to come by again this year and i haven't bought candy for a few years because i'd just end up eating all of it like the prez since halloween is legit a mostly dead holiday

halloween is the best holiday, it's not dead just consolidated. like all capitalism

but yeah i secretly ate a lot of the Nerds and chewy Sweettarts. but mostly all the nerds

also i ate like a 1/4 bag of Zots by myself cuz i ordered them a couple weeks back. i really gotta not do that now i feel sick. Thx TRUMO

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Mayor Dave posted:

I watched eraserhead on the first date with my wife

VladimirLeninpest
Jun 23, 2005

gn gorilla
Fallen Rib
almost snart helg, folks

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

power_bal posted:

thinking about being a c-tier poster but then just hanging around for 4 years until i become good in virtue of being around the longest

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Bip Roberts posted:

I watched eraserhead on the first date with my wife

tis a good litmus test

i would probably pick John Carpenter movies like They Live, Big Trouble in Little China, or The Thing as a first-date

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Xaris posted:

yeah it's kinda cool for the first hour or two but it also really sucks by the end of the night and i'm just exhausted with a headache now. shame because there are lots of streets around that i think want to give out poo poo, and it's a relatively dense city with lots of quad/duplexes n small yards, but i guess they just don't get any because :shrug:

i remember just walking out my door as a kid and wandering around the cul-de-sac and going streets up and gathering poo poo from neighbors. somehow it doesnt seem as fun to have to hop in a car and drive somewhere.

anyways death to capitalism

one or two years i went up to a neighborhood in philly where my cousins lived and i think i legit got two full pillowcases' worth of candy

this was like 25 years ago though

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

god drat i feel old lol

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
snart helg

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

triple sulk posted:

it's not

your halloween experience depends entirely on whether your neighborhood is currently full of parents. if there are a lot then you have lots of kids and also plenty of people giving out candy which draws people in from dead neighborhoods

also if it's full of college kids you'll get a different halloween experience that involves a lot of screaming, alcohol, and weed which is also good

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

you got that something special

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

gently caress yeah

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Halloween is alive and well in the branches of old oak trees and the root cellars of abandoned cabins

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

punchymcpunch posted:

"n.....i.....c......h......a......e.....l......u.....r......d......e.......d......"
mr coo s, please try to be more decorous

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

snart helg!!!!

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

mooyashi posted:

like 14 years ago there was a D&D irc channel that I used. things are always weird

I miss #crackhouse sometimes.

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

oh poo poo we still up in a nichael joint? hell yeah

Slumfrog
Feb 14, 2012

BORN TO SLAY
forced to work

Xaris posted:

yeah it's kinda sad but halloween and dicking around in one's own neighborhood is pretty much dead. only retired boomers own houses and no kids live there anymore or very few, and lots of boomers are curmudgeon and don't give out candy so kids get burned wasting a lot of time and dont' come back next year. suburbs n poo poo are super atomized and no ones knows each other nor wants to.

it really seems like it's become consolidated to a few hot spots like a church parking lot, or walmart parking lot, amybe some business-district event where you go to barber shops n flower shops n get candy, or a few destination streets that shut down a street. its kinda weird my street is a destination street bc it's not ritzy, esp compared to loads of neighborhoods nearby, but i guess parking and traffic is light here so mayhbe thats how it started.

honestly as fun as it is to give out stuff and see a thousand kids in costume, its kinda overwhelming because it's just non-stop deluge from like 5pm to 9pm and you just guzzle through the bags super quick. also lots of kids are greedy and grab handfuls at a time but o well i don't say anything.

This is all sad and true, the old neighbourhoods with the merry laughing childrens and saying howdy to the folks over the way are drifting into a gentle oblivion.

Also I live in Australia.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

campfire posted:

oh poo poo we still up in a nichael joint? hell yeah

the whole world is a nichael joint

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Xaris posted:

children of men is a documentary

blade runner is an extremely optimistic feel good movie about the future if future didn't suck

srsly watching the first 20 minutes of BR2049 i was like god drat we won't even get 1/10th of that, no protein farms, no massive greenhouse agrilcture, no massive solar panel farms and large dense apartment buildings. we'll just roll over and burn up/drought and dehydrate or die in a hypercane like a boring rube

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Xaris posted:

tis a good litmus test

i would probably pick John Carpenter movies like They Live, Big Trouble in Little China, or The Thing as a first-date

it wasn't a first date but i watched Big Trouble in Little China with a girlfriend one time. she was like 5 years younger than me though and hadn't seen it when she was younger so it completely slid off of her. we weren't together much longer.