Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Nichael posted:

what about Escalator Day, June 16th?

that's america's conception

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

DiggityDoink posted:

i loving hate new years eve. i had a string of like 5 back to back awful new years right after high school, including one year where my best friend slept with my girlfriend because she was upset i had to deliver pizza that night.

lot going on here

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

DiggityDoink posted:

i loving hate new years eve. i had a string of like 5 back to back awful new years right after high school, including one year where my best friend slept with my girlfriend because she was upset i had to deliver pizza that night.

oof

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

mormonpartyboat posted:

i dont give a gently caress

nice

Slumfrog
Feb 14, 2012

BORN TO SLAY
forced to work

SKULL.GIF posted:

there just isn't much left to do with halloween and I'm actually really curious to see how capitalism reacts to this over the next few years

Select children will be able to purchase candy from Amazon to be delivered on halloween, provided they use the app and select one of the spoooooktacular premade Amazombie avatars.

Any children found on the streets in costume will be sent to the camps.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Spergin Morlock posted:

Cum on Donald
Let's get fondled
Ah ah ah yea
Cum on Donald
Let's get fondled
Oooo oh ooooooo
Oooo oh ooooooo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RHoYL4quIQ&t=349s

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
if you think thanksgiving food is bland its because you've had bad thanksgiving food, vegan or not

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HypMhtsi0gs

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Nichael posted:

me not liking thanksgiving food isn't even a vegan thing. it's just bad food.

most thanksgiving food is a vehicle to shovel gravy and butter into your face

stuffing is legit awesome tho, cranberry, biscuits, mmm

pies

also i usually make a baked mac n' cheese

getting faded af and dozing in front of lovely football games

it's a very cozy holiday

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Nichael posted:

sorry about your mom’s cooking

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Nichael posted:

:yeah:
it's not bad bad, but it sjust not great. i'd rather eat thai/nepalese/ethiopian/korean/japanese/mexican/meditterean/afghani/chinese or literally anything else for thanksgiving. iive actually done that and it owns

stuffing is kinda bland. turkey is fine but there's a reason most people don't eat it all year round. candied yams are gross but baked sweet potatoes by themselves own and are plenty sweet, cranberry jelly is meh. pilsbury biscuits suck. mashed potatoes are probably the best part

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/HbKusoneko/status/1146612831875477504?s=20

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

I just remember Mischief Night isn’t a thing around here. weird

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Nichael posted:

ur doin it wrong

the correct answer is to shovel as much mashed potatoes and stuffing into your food hole as is physically possible and then falling asleep watching real bad football

then you wale up and do the same thing with pie

there is no reason or requirement to include relatives

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

mormonpartyboat posted:

i dont give a gently caress

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

what did business do to destroy halloween btw other than selling halloween poo poo

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

ScrubLeague posted:

it's not november yet

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/wilmpoprocks/status/1146637210021761024?s=20

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

goddamn nichael is kicking my rear end tonight

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

smarxist posted:

most thanksgiving food is a vehicle to shovel gravy and butter into your face

stuffing is legit awesome tho, cranberry, biscuits, mmm

pies

also i usually make a baked mac n' cheese

getting faded af and dozing in front of lovely football games

it's a very cozy holiday

okay 1) that food all sucks 2) not vegan 3) even when it is vegan, it still sucks

the food isn't the problem though. I don't like sitting around a table with people. I hate the regimented nature of the holiday.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 30 days!)

Aqua is good. You wouldn't see Toy Box do this.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Xaris posted:

it's not bad bad, but it sjust not great. i'd rather eat thai/nepalese/ethiopian/korean/japanese/mexican/meditterean/afghani/chinese or literally anything else for thanksgiving. iive actually done that and it owns

stuffing is kinda bland. turkey is fine but there's a reason most people don't eat it all year round. candied yams are gross but baked sweet potatoes by themselves own and are plenty sweet, cranberry jelly is meh. pilsbury biscuits suck. mashed potatoes are probably the best part

stuffing is good if you don't cook it in the bird and turkey is good if you deep fry that poo poo. i'm with you on the yams, cranberry and biscuits. i'm a sucker for green bean casserole done with fresh green beans though.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Marzzle posted:

what did business do to destroy halloween btw other than selling halloween poo poo

businesses really didn't do anything in this particular case. i think it's just kind of market forces and consolidation and media scares and the socioeconomic forces that drive home ownership exclusively to the ownership and benefit of boomers as a speculative commodity, people not having many kids bc they can't afford housing, suburbs and neighborhoods are atomized and told of evil coke laiden candy, and you can get more from your time from going to "hot spots" where you fill up real quick and get out

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Ben Nerevarine posted:

sorry about your mom’s cooking

none of my family cooks and also that's a very weird gendered take

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

i like thanksgiving because i happen to like most of my family. all the lovely ones are dead at this point

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

DiggityDoink posted:

stuffing is good if you don't cook it in the bird and turkey is good if you deep fry that poo poo. i'm with you on the yams, cranberry and biscuits. i'm a sucker for green bean casserole done with fresh green beans though.

yeah green beans are dece. i've never had deep fried turkey but it sounds good.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

spatchcock is the only way, also it is fun to say

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Xaris posted:

i'd rather eat thai/nepalese/ethiopian/korean/japanese/mexican/meditterean/afghani/chinese or literally anything else for thanksgiving.

:same:
any of those are so much better

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Nichael posted:

okay 1) that food all sucks 2) not vegan 3) even when it is vegan, it still sucks

the food isn't the problem though. I don't like sitting around a table with people. I hate the regimented nature of the holiday.

fix a box of stove top and eat it out of the pot with a spoon in front of the tv then idk I’m not ur mom

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

ur doin it wrong

the correct answer is to shovel as much mashed potatoes and stuffing into your food hole as is physically possible and then falling asleep watching real bad football

then you wale up and do the same thing with pie

there is no reason or requirement to include relatives

sports are terrible too

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Xaris posted:

yeah green beans are dece. i've never had deep fried turkey but it sounds good.

ive always wanted to try this but the setup and investment is just... id rather drink and not get oil burns

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

I will cook a lot of food for thanksgiving but I won’t pretend it’s good

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

dads friend steve posted:

goddamn nichael is kicking my rear end tonight

Working hard, snart helg!

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
you also gotta use something like a louisiana style sausage in the stuffing to add fat and flavor

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Xaris posted:

businesses really didn't do anything in this particular case. i think it's just kind of market forces and consolidation and media scares and the socioeconomic forces that drive home ownership exclusively to the ownership and benefit of boomers as a speculative commodity, people not having many kids bc they can't afford housing, suburbs and neighborhoods are atomized and told of evil coke laiden candy, and you can get more from your time from going to "hot spots" where you fill up real quick and get out

yeah I'm sorta bummed I live in a house on a street from the 30s and it's nice and walkable and we get like 1 trick or treater and no one even bothers to hand out candy but us

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3W7EqBmcss

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

There is a great vital truth right here

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

chugging galactivate until thanksgiving is over

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

campfire posted:

i like thanksgiving because i happen to like most of my family. all the lovely ones are dead at this point

that must be nice, if all the lovely people in my family were dead it’d fly be my nephew and my aunt and my moms already working on that first one

my wife’s family rocks though they love the poo poo outta me :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Trup