Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

oldpainless posted:

Which episode was it that Niles was complaining about how maris was ruining their marriage and then 90 seconds later he was fantasizing about Daphne naked and how he was totally in love with her?

Pretty sure he calls himself out about this in at least one conversation with Frasier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

And so does Daphne in another episode. Well, she said she was the "other" woman to him for years, so why shouldn't she be worried if one of his patients was in love with him.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Despite what anyone says, I still think Frasier is a good show.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Despite what anyone says, I still think Frasier is a good show.

hosed up if true

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
The episode where Frasier sleeps with Bebe was on... Niles's acting during the whole thing was pretty amazing. Looked like he was barely keeping in the laughs.

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.
I like the episode where a simple misunderstanding leads to the whole Frasier family lying to one another to perpetuate said misunderstanding to the benefit of Fraiser. Then adult Frasier man comes clean at the end and learns a lesson about life he should have figured out in grade school. Holy poo poo, it's every loving episode.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

CannedMacabre posted:

Holy poo poo, it's every loving episode.
Look at this sad clod that doesn't know about FRASIER REHAB EPISODE

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007

CannedMacabre posted:

I like the episode where a simple misunderstanding leads to the whole Frasier family lying to one another to perpetuate said misunderstanding to the benefit of Fraiser. Then adult Frasier man comes clean at the end and learns a lesson about life he should have figured out in grade school. Holy poo poo, it's every loving episode.

ha HA, ha ha

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

CannedMacabre posted:

You forgot the part where they drink coffee and talk.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

CannedMacabre posted:

Who is this rube?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I hate Daphne so much, she's basically the worst sitcom trope and I still haven't braved the seasons where they actually get together.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I hate Daphne so much, she's basically the worst sitcom trope and I still haven't braved the seasons where they actually get together.

Why

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

CannedMacabre posted:

Is this going to be a long story?

Walk and talk.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

oldpainless posted:

Which episode was it that Niles was complaining about how maris was ruining their marriage and then 90 seconds later he was fantasizing about Daphne naked and how he was totally in love with her?

I enjoyed Nile's extreme thirst

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Just saw the episode where Frasier tries to teach a billionaire silicon valley nerd that just ends up copying him.

It was a so-so episode until the very end, when Frasier does a great bit of physical acting looking for a seat to sit in, and his father's chair is the only chair in the room.

A middling episode that ends with a really good joke.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

CannedMacabre posted:

this does not actually sound like any episodes i can recall, like not even one

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Ugh, dramatic irony- truly the lowest form of comedy

Where's the Diceman when you need him

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Man the Cheers/Frasier folks sure like the Guy Named Guy (pronounced Ghi) gag

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Calaveron posted:

I can only remember it happening the once, did they recycle it more than that

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

CannedMacabre posted:

More like, I'm NOT listening

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Inspector Hound posted:

I can only remember it happening the once, did they recycle it more than that

Carla's dead husband, Niles' servant or whatever and the ski instructor were all named Guy/Ghi

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Calaveron posted:

But how do you like your ruhm?

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

codo27 posted:

Niles gets it on him to try edibles and thinks he has and puts on this big show laughing at everything while in reality its Martin that has eaten it by mistake

I completely forgot about this episode and thought this was just messing around a la the Frasier game but

no

it's real

Excuse me while I start up Netflix

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

It's not a bad ep by later season standards.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

alexandriao posted:

I completely forgot about this episode and thought this was just messing around a la the Frasier game but

no

it's real

The cannibal episode is real

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

It's not a bad ep by later season standards.

So far it's... all the trappings of Frasier and none of the wit :c

The scene early on where Martin says he's watching his weight and I'm looking at the actor and he looks drat thin and possibly ill, even, is a bit :/ worthy

E hm, no. the wit is there just less densely packed. The dialogue is more pleasant too so far, or at least, by early episode standards, less mean

E2 "crotch-grabbing brazenness"

alexandriao fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Nov 3, 2019

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Marty can handle his drugs.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Frasier absolutely not holding the brownie for a moment to pass it to his friend is so foreign to me lol

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

alexandriao posted:

no

it's real

My God he eats Niles, later episodes get dark

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

ruddiger posted:

Marty can handle his drugs.

Nothing else like a Marty party.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

https://www.vulture.com/2019/11/kelsey-grammer-comedy-voice-work.html

An interview where Gram-Grams again dangles the possibility of a Frasier reboot. I'll save you the time, it's at the end:

quote:

Lastly but inevitably, you’ve been talking up the possibility of a Frasier reboot. Is that still in the cards?

We’re definitely talking about it. There’s life in there. There’s a few other things we’re working on first, and Frasier takes a backseat to that. I’ve shot five movies in the last year and a half … and eventually one of them is gonna get seen! [Laughs.]

This could be the best time, with all the new fractured streaming services desperate for content.

I still like the idea where Niles and Frasier are pathetic hoarder brothers who never leave their disgusting apartment and one of them gets squished by a tower of old newspapers.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

It needs to be titled Frederick and be about Freddy moving in with old man Frasier.

Niles runs a wine bar with Daphne and Freddy has to drag his drunk of a father out of there every night.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

ruddiger posted:

It needs to be titled Frederick and be about Freddy moving in with old man Frasier.

Niles runs a wine bar with Daphne and Freddy has to drag his drunk of a father out of there every night.

:five:

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

ruddiger posted:

Oh, so it's like some other sitcom in a bar. Like cheers

It rhymes

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

alexandriao posted:

The scene early on where Martin says he's watching his weight and I'm looking at the actor and he looks drat thin and possibly ill, even, is a bit :/ worthy

Probably not ill. His colon cancer surgery was in the 1980s and his throat cancer didn't surface until 2013, 2014, something like that.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

ruddiger posted:

Freddy has a successful life in Boston where he grew up but has to move to Seattle to support his crochety old dad.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Freddy has a successful life in Boston where he grew up but has to move to Seattle to support his crochety old dad.

And he hangs out with Niles and Daphne’s son.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Freddy has an impeccably decorated mid century apartment but his dad insists on bringing his ugly chair in and ruining the whole scheme.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Freddy grew up to get fired from an Apple store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Freddy is definitely destined to be a weirdo who isn't quite rich enough to be eccentric.