Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

bump_fn posted:

swinson must know that shes just out there to split the vote? does she care?

Does a liberal ever care about anything but themselves?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/michael_chessum/status/1190242180109078531
This is actually slick as loving hell. Might even be motivated to go out canvassing rather than just chucking some cash.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

CGI Stardust posted:

lmao who bought me this avatar

How could I not?

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Spangly A posted:

yo fakename or anyone else in a momentum organisational role, hmu with contacts that the party can talk to in cornwall to coordinate, also get new ones that come to the boring stuff

The plan in Momentum is to focus on marginals, but if you fill out the volunteer form (https://forms.gle/rSApq7hYfYSKzKzg6 you can ask about it in Slack.

Speaking of the Momentum Slack, we should have our own Elite Goon Cru within it. So I’m going to post in the #random channel “We’ve got the Tories on the run!”. Find that post and send me a DM asking me if I have stairs in my house. After 24 hours, I’ll make a group chat of everyone who contacted me.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Important infor for anyone posting images for campaigning. Our CLP press officer just shared this:

quote:

The Labour Party has made it crystal clear that in any legal claim by businesses or individuals for use of their identifiable image without proof of consent, the creator/photographer, candidate and agent will be responsible and NOT the Labour Party.

Where individuals are clearly identifiable and/or if businesses or names are pictured that must be dliberate, not incidental. So general street scenes are fine but clear facial images or everyone clustered around one business are not (unless we are doing an item about the 'Broad Brush Company which has given £1,000 to our campaign' and we have a signed form!)
We must also guard against the use of any images of items that show public property which is not party political, such as signs outside schools, hospitals and council properties which contain the logos etc. of the controlling organisation, and could be taken to imply that that organisation is somehow supporting Labour.

Also be aware that any use of an image that identifies one or more police officers or shows their number/s in a political publication is a criminal offence.

The Labour Party's instruction is that any person or business we identify must sign the consent form.

To stay close to complying with the consent requirements we have to ensure only party members are centrally identifiable, or people who have signed a consent form. Never children unless the parent signs a form.

Without wanting to be autocratic, it would be best if I see any images/video footage before it is used, together with information about consent forms if applicable.

That incudes images taken from mobiles phones and images for social media.

Where there are critical aspects of an image which might pose a problem I may be able to blur or pixelate them to solve a problem.

I will share freely images from a library we will hold for use as appropriate.

(*publish in legal terms means to make available to two or more other people - so even sending copies of pictures to large numbers of email recipients might, theoretically pose a problem).

Not sure if the relevant consent form is on the LP website - I expect it is! Our Press Officer sent it to us.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

bump_fn posted:

ahhhh, the chuka move

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1189658893368078342

:psyduck:

She's not even pretending any longer

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

jabby posted:

This is actually slick as loving hell. Might even be motivated to go out canvassing rather than just chucking some cash.

Presumably you don't need to be a momentum member to join in? The Labour campaign site is clunky as hell, stop telling me about fundraising drivers in Croydon and let me know where you need my elite knocking skills. I'm poo poo at the actual talking, but boy do I know how to knock on a door.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/piercepenniless/status/1190175974907928577

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
That campaign map is the dogs bollocks.

e: We already thought that Getvoting was bad but now they've gone too far!

https://twitter.com/mikegapes/status/1190020184603541508

Rarity fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Nov 1, 2019

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

jabby posted:

nice find! that's going to make it easier to schedule some traipsing

VideoGames posted:

How could I not?
thank you! you're a good lad/lass/other, VG

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Presumably you don't need to be a momentum member to join in? The Labour campaign site is clunky as hell, stop telling me about fundraising drivers in Croydon and let me know where you need my elite knocking skills. I'm poo poo at the actual talking, but boy do I know how to knock on a door.
nope. Labour member, maybe, but all of those are Labour activities, not Momentum as far as I can see (at least the canvassing ones, dunno about the others)

Ikwaylx
Aug 19, 2011

Drop the bandibass!

jabby posted:

It's things like this that make me hopeful about this election. Don't forget that on the Brexit side, they've been expecting a clean exit since June 24th 2016, there isn't much GOTV potential on their side when Boris just extended Brexit again :v:

We have 6 weeks to turn around the polls, the campaigning is going to be the key, so tools like this are so so amazing to have.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

Gonzo McFee posted:

a Tory PM when he's seen skulking in the corridors of a hospital.

:gonk: But where else am I going to get my cadavers and soon-to-be-cadavers (which includes healthy people)‽

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you do doorknocking is it uncommon to do it in pairs?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
And you have the candidate that is taken from Ilford South, and taken from Islington North, put together in the same party.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

(also while tracking this down I found Azza's giant Brexit So Far summary post which might be worth putting in the OP? for those just tuning in to the UK shagging itself in the slowest, most painful way possible))

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

"we've been diddled out of our vote."

Vote Tory!

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

OwlFancier posted:

If you do doorknocking is it uncommon to do it in pairs?

it's very common to do in pairs, both for safety and knowledge transfer (new doorknockers are often paired up with veterans)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Might be willing to try it then, my main reservation is I'd feel a bit weird hassling people at home on my own.

Might actually get to meet some of my CLP too.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

But Chuka is in charge of writing the Lib Dem manifesto, which is extremely relevant and believable and not at all full of worthless lies! And neither is he, by the way! :mad:

Braggart fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Nov 1, 2019

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

CGI Stardust posted:

thank you! you're a good lad/lass/other, VG

As VideoGames is clearly a pink blob from Planet Popstar and I'll hear no contradictory evidence, I looked up what Kirby's official gender is (localised male, but not specified in Japan) and found this very useful diagram on Wikipedia

thanks, wikipedia. this has nothing to do with UK politics but i feel this information is important for all.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Doccykins posted:

it's very common to do in pairs, both for safety and knowledge transfer (new doorknockers are often paired up with veterans)

Yes, always pairs round here.
Mainly for safety but also if you get a comrade who loves to chat to the door-answerer, someone might need to pull them away after 20 minutes or so!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Angepain posted:

As VideoGames is clearly a pink blob from Planet Popstar and I'll hear no contradictory evidence, I looked up what Kirby's official gender is (localised male, but not specified in Japan) and found this very useful diagram on Wikipedia

thanks, wikipedia. this has nothing to do with UK politics but i feel this information is important for all.

I think this means a Kirby has the ability to change its gendered characters based on its nutritional intake

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Maybe I'm biased by my family but it's surprising to me that people don't just scream at you to gently caress off if you knock on their door without delivering them something.

If you are delivering they wait till you give them the package before screaming at you to gently caress off, of course.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Rarity posted:

I think this means a Kirby has the ability to change its gendered characters based on its nutritional intake

If kirby inhales an ann summers do they just get... extremely gendered in all possible ways?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Rarity posted:

this is good because conventional HRT didn't work out very well for Kirby. I hear they were prescribed spiro one time, but got confused about the process and ended up just turning into a dragon

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Angepain posted:

(also while tracking this down I found Azza's giant Brexit So Far summary post which might be worth putting in the OP? for those just tuning in to the UK shagging itself in the slowest, most painful way possible))
There's a lot of things come up that I need to put in the OP.

jabby posted:

ANYTHING YOU SOW posted:

I was bored at work and started to put some resources for the election here: https://board.net/p/2019_UK_election

CGI Stardust posted:

if we're linking the Emancipation Network pods (General Intellect Unit, Alpha2Omega), may as well stick Swampside Chats up there too to get all 3! "The highest communist podcast"
Anything I missed?

Angepain posted:

Could add this for "how UK elections work" :v:

Rarity posted:

What happens if Kirby eats a Judith Butler book? Or Goffman's The Presentation of Self in Everyday Life? What happens if Kirby eats Helen Hester? (minds out of the gutter goons)

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Rarity posted:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lol

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think that's more kirbonetta.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

Angepain posted:

[zizek voice] that's dialectics, baby!

actually, thinking about it, Kirby has mastered the dialectic!

ed: warning! do not search for "thicc kirby" unless you want a shock

CGI Stardust fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Nov 1, 2019

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Thanks i hate it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Oh my god that's actually true, kirby is the perfect marxist.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Thanks i hate it.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I think it should be like this but also they free float like rayman's feet.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

CGI Stardust posted:

ed: warning! do not search for "thicc kirby" unless you want a shock

Good lord.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I wasn't expecting that, certainly.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

CGI Stardust posted:

[zizek voice] that's dialectics, baby!

actually, thinking about it, Kirby has mastered the dialectic!
Holy poo poo, what if Kirby ate Hegel?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

OwlFancier posted:

I think that's more kirbonetta.

Ahem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse: