Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

power_bal posted:

thinking about being powerball for halloween ^___^

i was shengji's pm dick pics for halloween

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

trump

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

explain

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 366 days!
Billions of jobs, USA ROCKS!

Serf
May 5, 2011

Hatebag posted:

Yeah it sounds like it requires contributions from employers to have enough money. What a goddamned load! Why the gently caress should my employer have any goddamned thing to do with my healthcare? Just tax the fuckin rich

almost like its a bad plan because technocrats are bad at politics

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Hatebag posted:

Yeah it sounds like it requires contributions from employers to have enough money. What a goddamned load! Why the gently caress should my employer have any goddamned thing to do with my healthcare? Just tax the fuckin rich

Not "your employer." Employers. All of them. Giving money to medicare instead of private companies.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

gently caress you and stay the gently caress out of my city, fat boy.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/ktumulty/status/1190225544002113536?s=20

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Serf posted:

almost like its a bad plan because technocrats are bad at politics

:thunk: it's a wonk work

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/lidglue/status/1189738328716959744

Serf
May 5, 2011

Hatebag posted:

:thunk: it's a wonk work

that's why its only ever been bernie baby

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
plz help out Jessica Cisneros's campaign. she's running against the chuddiest dem in tx. it's an uphill battle but has gotten support from AOC and the justice democrats.

https://twitter.com/jcisnerostx/status/1190250028071149568

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Laura craft lol

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

Dammit I am too hung over to crack and ping this morning. Can we just have a normal one for like two more hours?

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

now is not the time to politicize this tragedy by talking about gun control so soon

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

https://twitter.com/the_unsilent_/status/1189784349677424640?s=21

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Unskewing my jobs numbers to own the libs

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Hatebag posted:

seems like it's adding another payroll tax that's generally applicable to every payroll-tax-paying employer, like medicaid.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

big wet rally in Tupelo today :3:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

It's fascinating why the media feels like it has to protect trump

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Serf posted:

that's why its only ever been bernie baby

drop out pocahontas :yeshaha:

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames
is the clown world meme racist? one of my friends started saying it but I don't think he's racist but I'm pretty sure it has like 4chan origins and I'm worried about my boy. what should I do

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

lol of course trump is just going to completely invent economic figures now

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

brugroffil posted:

seems like it's adding another payroll tax that's generally applicable to every payroll-tax-paying employer, like medicaid.

Yeah but have you considered Warren bad?

Serf
May 5, 2011

are we going to add a payroll tax to pay for the foreverwar? or are we allowed to endlessly print money with no complaints for that

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Sean Doolittle spotted.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

why can’t everyone jsut drop out except bernahard

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1190253417463197698?s=20

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

make the jobs jobs jobs tweet

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
ok so the main thesis 36 minutes in is:

lynch seeks balance between "light" and "dark" in all his work, explicitly saying so at times

he saw television at the time as being all koyaanisqatsi and therefore

created twin peaks to bring balance to tv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AYnF5hOhuM

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

does bernie's plan cover dental and vision too because that's a neat and good feature

Serf
May 5, 2011

accepting the framing of "how will you pay for it" is just shooting yourself in the foot

Serf
May 5, 2011

brugroffil posted:

does bernie's plan cover dental and vision too because that's a neat and good feature

you bet your rear end it does

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Not "your employer." Employers. All of them. Giving money to medicare instead of private companies.

So employers pay a payroll tax per employee, probably adjusted for exempt/non-exempt/part-time and company size. I can see the appeal as that would be a way to prevent the rich from just not paying taxes, as they do, but really the irs should be given broader enforcement powers and funding. putting your money in a tax shelter should not be allowed nor anything that reduces your tax burden if you make more than say, $20k. The rich dont pay taxes and should be killed.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
wow blowJOBS numbers are out and there sure are a lot of blowjobs!

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Serf posted:

are we going to add a payroll tax to pay for the foreverwar? or are we allowed to endlessly print money with no complaints for that

why are you against taxing corporations lol

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Serf posted:

accepting the framing of "how will you pay for it" is just shooting yourself in the foot

ikr

although if the paying for it involves huge structural taxes on accumulated wealth I guess that’s a little better

Serf
May 5, 2011

brugroffil posted:

why are you against corporations lol

ftfy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

euphronius posted:

ikr

although if the paying for it involves huge structural taxes on accumulated wealth I guess that’s a little better

luckily bernie is the only person in the race with an actual wealth tax