Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

The canonical name of that clown is Honkler so

Also Honk Honk = HH

thankfully the goose game has hijacked Honk Honk from the nazis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

fits my needs posted:

so when does she obama us

6 months in when the debt ceiling landmine comes up

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
The family is twlking about the joker god help me

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

The canonical name of that clown is Honkler so

Also Honk Honk = HH

Horus Heresy ??

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Hatebag posted:

Yeah if the outlay is the same for them you're just gonna get less money.

I think the idea is that at worst you shift the premiums your work is currently paying (for people with employer-sponsored healthcare) over to payroll taxes that fund M4A, but then you get the benefits of:

1) not having premiums come out of your paycheck on top of that
2) zero cost-sharing so no decuctibles, co-pays etc which can be thousands of dollars annually
3) having a full range of benefits including vision and dental
4) not having employers keep shifting to shittier plans and increasing your share of the premiums as health insurance gets more and more expensive
5) most importantly: covering everyone in the drat country regardless of employment status

bernie's plan works the same way I think? idk I honestly haven't paid a ton of attention because my vote for him is already set

Serf
May 5, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

tell them its a leftist movie

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Kurtofan posted:

My country is so hosed 🆙

need an evergreen protest sign, “n+1 republic now”

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

brugroffil posted:

none of these plans from Warren or Sanders or gently caress even lovely centrists like Harris or Buttigeig have any chance of passing the 117th Congress anyway

Yeah lol. It's all pipe dreams and we'll just end up with even worse obamacare because the government is just a bribery clearinghouse.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

don't shoot at pge employees unless they're wearing a tie

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Lawman 0 posted:

They don't op

It's just that it's Joe Walsh

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I found a cursed tweet

unsure about posting it

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Macron is going full fash lol

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Spoondick posted:

don't shoot at pge employees unless they're wearing a tie

:hai:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Kurtofan posted:

ask them if they want to see a magic trick

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

brugroffil posted:

none of these plans from Warren or Sanders or gently caress even lovely centrists like Harris or Buttigeig have any chance of passing the 117th Congress anyway

There's a big list of stuff he can do on day 1 by fiat that are all super popular and will gain him the public support he needs to browbeat and threaten the succ into getting in line or being defeated humiliatingly next round

That's the official plan in fact. I don't know what Warren's is

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

brugroffil posted:

I think the idea is that at worst you shift the premiums your work is currently paying (for people with employer-sponsored healthcare) over to payroll taxes that fund M4A, but then you get the benefits of:

1) not having premiums come out of your paycheck on top of that
2) zero cost-sharing so no decuctibles, co-pays etc which can be thousands of dollars annually
3) having a full range of benefits including vision and dental
4) not having employers keep shifting to shittier plans and increasing your share of the premiums as health insurance gets more and more expensive
5) most importantly: covering everyone in the drat country regardless of employment status

bernie's plan works the same way I think? idk I honestly haven't paid a ton of attention because my vote for him is already set

Yeah it's all academic cuz it's feel the bern or burn it all the gently caress down!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Whatever happens we're hosed

Macron neoliberal fash friendly hellworld

Or LePen fash neoliberal friendly hellworld

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

snart helg :c00l:

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Serf posted:

paying for the plan that doesn't even include mental health care lol

Mental health care is covered but by all means continue obsessing over a blurb on a website.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Serf posted:

then what's even the point

it's why I don't really give a poo poo about the primary in-fighting and will just vote Bernie come March!

also it's good to have energetic and enthusiastic advocates like Bernie trying to take lead of the party because he can then rail against a lovely and broken system that will hopefully lead to change in the near future. I am an idiot who still has some threads of hope for electoralism and the ability to fix our broken country though, your opinions may differ

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

euphronius posted:

Horus Heresy ??

Never 4get

Serf
May 5, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

There's a big list of stuff he can do on day 1 by fiat that are all super popular and will gain him the public support he needs to browbeat and threaten the succ into getting in line or being defeated humiliatingly next round

her plan is to win and then be obama 2.0, but with even less stuff getting done

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Kurtofan posted:

why didn't you vote harder

Serf
May 5, 2011

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Mental health care is covered but by all means continue obsessing over a blurb on a website.

no its not dumb gently caress

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Kurtofan posted:

he wants a euro army so badly too

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/EuropeElects/status/1190242022621433856

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Lmao I love trump, better than expected job numbers com out and he adds nearly 200k to number for literally no reason

Trumc

Serf
May 5, 2011

brugroffil posted:

it's why I don't really give a poo poo about the primary in-fighting and will just vote Bernie come March!

also it's good to have energetic and enthusiastic advocates like Bernie trying to take lead of the party because he can then rail against a lovely and broken system that will hopefully lead to change in the near future. I am an idiot who still has some threads of hope for electoralism and the ability to fix our broken country though, your opinions may differ

exactly. vote for bernie, poo poo on warren and all others

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Hot Karl Marx posted:

why didn't you vote harder

I tried but the urn cracked and my vote was cancelled

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Abaddon did nothing wrong

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Voting is the most idiotic thing possible, i'm sorry to say

Serf
May 5, 2011

deadwing posted:

Lmao I love trump, better than expected job numbers com out and he adds nearly 200k to number for literally no reason

Trumc

its almost like nothing matters

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Inspector Hound posted:

It's just that it's Joe Walsh

joe walsh loves the constitution (or his interpretation of it) and hates trump since trump broke his brain at the putin press conference a couple of years ago

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Hatebag posted:

Transaction taxes are good, yes. Some of the warren stuff is good but i don't think it's a cohesive picture of how to address inequality

buddy, destroying the whole system and putting all republican senators and reps in jail will take some time

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/WatchWithDisney/status/1185647108516265984

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames

Superanos posted:

yes it is

The idea is that we live in a "clown world" because you're not allowed to be racist or sexist, therefore the world has gone insane. This is seen as a jewish plan to discriminate against white men. Anything progressive is part of the clown world.

Basically a synonym to "cultural marxism"

he's only used it in the context of epstein so far but yeah it's not a good look

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Epic High Five posted:

Sanders would also have a wide range of foreign policy things he can do day 1 with zero say from Congress and he's substantially better than Warren there.

If Warren were somehow able to implement her whole platform it'd be the most radical leftward shift in this country since FDR, maybe even bigger than the New Deal. It'd still only be a half-measure for what we really need though! Sanders would be like 3/4 of the way there? I'm not sure if anyone is calling for fully nationalizing our energy infrastructure and spending hundreds of billions on renewables and energy storage R&D day 1

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Buck Wildman posted:

Abaddon did nothing wrong

cept fail

and topknots

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I guess my main concern is that this plans vests all of the power in the hands of the corporations that oppose it in the first place, and for no other reason than to answer to a republican talking point out forward in bad faith

It also undermines one of the big selling points on M4A I've found for conservatives, that it'd be a boon for small business owners and entrepreneurs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I remeber when my physics teacher asked us what made us citizens in middle school, not sure why but i raised my hand and said the right to vote. He rolled his eyes and called me an idiot
Fair in hindsight