Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

last nite i was reading a family kiddo some krazy kat and theres one from like 1920 where krazy and ignatz lament the theft of this nations lands from its native people and contemplate returning it then ignatz hits krazy w a brick (praxis)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

a very trumpy morning to you all

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/RomainDsDz/status/1145213956094660608

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Dont remember the point of the lecture. It was barely related to physics tho

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Epic High Five posted:

I guess my main concern is that this plans vests all of the power in the hands of the corporations that oppose it in the first place, and for no other reason than to answer to a republican talking point out forward in bad faith

It also undermines one of the big selling points on M4A I've found for conservatives, that it'd be a boon for small business owners and entrepreneurs

I'm not sure how it vests the power in the hands of corporations any more than they "control" other payroll-tax-funded programs like Medicare/Medicaid/Social Security?

You'd still allow businesses to offload a bunch of HR bullshit of negotiating and managing employee health benefits

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Trepstein

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/hishortstack/status/1145396059608440832

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

brugroffil posted:

Sanders would also have a wide range of foreign policy things he can do day 1 with zero say from Congress and he's substantially better than Warren there.

If Warren were somehow able to implement her whole platform it'd be the most radical leftward shift in this country since FDR, maybe even bigger than the New Deal. It'd still only be a half-measure for what we really need though! Sanders would be like 3/4 of the way there? I'm not sure if anyone is calling for fully nationalizing our energy infrastructure and spending hundreds of billions on renewables and energy storage R&D day 1

Bernie supports public ownership of utlities and Warren opposes it. It's actually something they've both been explicit on.

As for the hundreds of billions in spending on that, that's pretty much GND dot text so it comes down to which of them you believe has the best chance of getting it through all the slaver empowering parts of our government

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

snoo posted:

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Kurtofan posted:

Dont remember the point of the lecture. It was barely related to physics tho

Wow a Frenchman avoiding doing his job? Next thing you will tell me that water is wet

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

ok time to watch this 5 hour twin peaks youtube video that some guy linked

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/jbendery/status/1190257285056086016

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
My physics teacher and my music teacher were both in a pink floyd cover band, also they were both redheads

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Epic High Five posted:

It also undermines one of the big selling points on M4A I've found for conservatives, that it'd be a boon for small business owners and entrepreneurs

Perhaps it can scale depending on size of the company, number of employees, income? Seems Warren's overarching plan is to effectively tax the poo poo out of the rich to pay for this, so I don't see why any tax can't be scaled down for smaller businesses.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Lawman 0 posted:

Wow a Frenchman avoiding doing his job? Next thing you will tell me that water is wet

He loved talking poo poo about American tv shows, saying er was completely unrealistic, though he did like stargate

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Epic High Five posted:

I guess my main concern is that this plans vests all of the power in the hands of the corporations that oppose it in the first place, and for no other reason than to answer to a republican talking point out forward in bad faith

Small business owners and entrepreneurs also don't want to deal with premiums and deductibles and the entire point of an economics based argument for m4a is that it leaves the average American with more money and more room to take risks.
I'm not sure how this puts power in the hands of corporations so much as redirects their power out of their own pockets and into the nation's welfare but I'm open to hear you elaborate.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

bernie "electricity will be virtually free by 2035" sanders

Serf
May 5, 2011

brugroffil posted:

Sanders would also have a wide range of foreign policy things he can do day 1 with zero say from Congress and he's substantially better than Warren there.

If Warren were somehow able to implement her whole platform it'd be the most radical leftward shift in this country since FDR, maybe even bigger than the New Deal. It'd still only be a half-measure for what we really need though! Sanders would be like 3/4 of the way there? I'm not sure if anyone is calling for fully nationalizing our energy infrastructure and spending hundreds of billions on renewables and energy storage R&D day 1

https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/1188541919485399040?s=20

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Moustaches into camera

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

At least on the face of it this seems like a good political move by Warren because her team managed to thread the needle of getting a M4A plan that doesn't raise "middle class" taxes so maybe pundits/moderators can finally shut the gently caress up with their idiot right wing talking point questions in every debate or interview

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Imagime if it was bolton. The cameramam would be dead

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Kurtofan posted:

My physics teacher and my music teacher were both in a pink floyd cover band, also they were both redheads

they were fuckin,op

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

:hai:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

brugroffil posted:

At least on the face of it this seems like a good political move by Warren because her team managed to thread the needle of getting a M4A plan that doesn't raise "middle class" taxes so maybe pundits/moderators can finally shut the gently caress up with their idiot right wing talking point questions in every debate or interview

Hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahshsh

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1190260664062881792?s=19

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Squizzle posted:

they were fuckin,op

Hell i hope

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

(SCAM)

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

snoo posted:

snart helg snoo

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

employer-side payroll tax incidence is pretty high though so it still ends up coming out of workers' pockets, just not directly.

Serf
May 5, 2011

brugroffil posted:

well, no they're going to rightly point out that it is still a tax on the "middle class" because of course its going to be. she should do like bernie and reframe the question about what we justify paying for already

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

shoulda put a gianforte imo, body slam those journos

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

what is EIB in that handle?

Editor In Beef?

Executive Incel Bastard?

Emeritus Ignoramus Butthead?

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Kurtofan posted:

Hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahshsh

I know, they will never shut the gently caress up

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

OH SHI

dunno how i missed this one for i for one salute your posting

o7

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Epic High Five posted:

Bernie supports public ownership of utlities and Warren opposes it. It's actually something they've both been explicit on.

As for the hundreds of billions in spending on that, that's pretty much GND dot text so it comes down to which of them you believe has the best chance of getting it through all the slaver empowering parts of our government
I genuinely think an argument could be made for both but so much depends on what happens to the GOP if Trump loses.

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1190261248367218688?s=19

Lots of executive time today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

brugroffil posted:

employer-side payroll tax incidence is pretty high though so it still ends up coming out of workers' pockets, just not directly.

yes, they're the same thing