Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Lightning Knight posted:

Hey UKMT, come contribute to my awesome new thread!

There you go Jedit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Have the greens made any comments about where they intend to run?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/LukewSavage/status/1190273485349806085?s=20

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Clearly voting labour makes you poor.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
ah, but this only shows how badly Labour mismanage local governance! etc.

e: ^^ fb

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help

OwlFancier posted:

With how the Tory government apparently selectively allocate funding to Tory-held councils this is at least partially true.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
https://twitter.com/PoliticsJOE_UK/status/1189979721544732672

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

For the goon who asked about the million vs billion divide, a million seconds will put you forward 11 days while a billion is 31 years.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Nov 1, 2019

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Jose posted:

this definitely needs to be in some labour adverts

https://twitter.com/ByDonkeys/status/1190191764738428929?s=20

The Tories care about the NHS in the same way every website trying to harvest our personal data says how they value our privacy.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

I'm convinced that there's some working class Tories who cargo cult themselves this way.

Tories are rich rural people, Labour are rural povvos and urban types.

Therefore I should vote Tory for a better chance of having a nice house in the country.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

urban types.

guavflaps

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Flipswitch posted:

For the goon who asked about the million vs seconds divide, a million seconds will put you forward 11 days while a billion is 31 years.

Or if you earned £5000 per day, every day, starting 15 April 2019 you would have a million pounds.

if you earned £5000 every day since the day Columbus landed in America, you would not have a billion.

People really, really don't have a grasp on how big it is.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

the poo poo flinging wars begin

https://twitter.com/Steven_Swinford/status/1190273435504664577

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Pretty funny and factual for a Tory

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Downside I guess is that farage makes boris look moderate by comparison.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Angepain posted:

Come to think of it, it might be a good idea for the OP to contain a general reminder to keep good care of your own mental health as a top priority. The election period is going to be stressful for a lot of people and it can often feel like you're obliged to pay attention to all the bad stuff that's happening and go above and beyond your own capacity for doing stuff to help, but wearing yourself out and ruining your own mental health isn't actually a good thing to do or to aim for. it's okay to switch off for a while and come back stronger. something along those lines, maybe put some numbers to helpines, even.

This - please remember to take care of yourselves everyone.

The next month or so is going to be an absolute emotional rollercoaster, regardless of the result. We've got off to a really promising start so far, but even so there have been some scary moments (like lovely poll results, the rumours the Brexit Party would only target Labour marginals, etc). I found myself constantly refreshing the BBC live updates page the other day as I was unable to think about anything else. Its not healthy - don't do it.

There is so much at stake that there are bound to be further massive highs and depressing lows, no matter what happens on 12 Dec. I would encourage all of you to make sure you are taking enough time away from politics over the next month to avoid damage your own emotional wellbeing/mental health.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

Downside I guess is that farage makes boris look moderate by comparison.

I don't think there's many people who want "hard brexit, but wait not quite that hard please."

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tesseraction posted:

I don't think there's many people who want "hard brexit, but wait not quite that hard please."

No, but it makes boris look less like a loving moron when farage is frothing and biting his pint glass.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Hello yous, with election season upon us the brainspiders are going to be out in force, recently I've taken a couple of steps to make my internet experience less loving awful and I would like to share;

Hide Youtube comments

Hides all youtube comments, there is no toggle button to tempt you to show them again, they're just gone.

Quick Javascript switcher

Adds a javascript toggle button to the toolbar, breaks a sites that use ad-block blocker, skips "we see you're using adblocker", breaks embedded video ads, works per domain/sub domain rather than globally.

Alternate player for twitch

Alternate player for twitch, bypasses all ads, adds instant replay feature and generally cleans up UI for those long BBC parliament sessions

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
libdems want brexit, it's the only thing that keeps their poo poo party alive

they're going to do anything they can to sabotage the election so that brexit happens and they can grift forever off of screaming that they'll undo it

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

No!! :negative:

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
kirby backing dancer line!

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

CGI Stardust posted:

kirby backing dancer line!

New Cabaret lookin' lit.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

Superterranean posted:

I don't think it's particularly meaningful to ask what would happen if a Labour government did something it's pretty much said it won't do.

You'll never get a job in the media with that attitude.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

RottenK posted:

libdems want brexit, it's the only thing that keeps their poo poo party alive

they're going to do anything they can to sabotage the election so that brexit happens and they can grift forever off of screaming that they'll undo it

The Lib Dems wrecking things for Labour to make Brexit happen vs Farage wrecking things for the Tories to make sure Brexit never actually happens and ruins his grift.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

peanut- posted:

The Lib Dems wrecking things for Labour to make Brexit happen vs Farage wrecking things for the Tories to make sure Brexit never actually happens and ruins his grift.
UKIP are the real Brexit Party
Brexit Party are the real Tories
Tories are the real SNP
SNP are the real Labour
Labour are the real Lib Dems
Lib Dems are the real UKIP

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Sanford posted:

Goes directly against their stated aims though. Can anyone name a Lib Dem policy other than “stop brexit”? Best way to achieve that is by not standing candidates in marginal labour seats with a strong remain vote, where they themselves have no chance of winning. Tbh I think it would be good for them; start rebuilding some of the trust that was so badly betrayed with the coalition.

code:
Does not compute.
Everyone should trust Pissbot because it is stretching its face analogue and exposing its cutting tools.
Pissbot has done nothing wrong.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I'm really just hoping that the Lib Dems just repeat the 2017 campaign all over again, only talking about Brexit but then get asked something about policy and after just replying about Brexit finally come out with something bollocks like the 1p NHS tax.

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

I'm catching up on the thread and Kirby shitposting reminded me of one of my favourite tweets:

https://twitter.com/leyawn/status/1034148211785703429

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

I know it's gauche to quote yourself, but that isn't going to stop me. At the end of the last thread I posted a question that was ignored because I posted it at the end of the last thread for the purposes of irony so that when most people saw it the thread would be locked:

Braggart posted:

If the UKMT was locked and only Guavanaut or Pissflaps could start a new one, who would you vote for?

But there's a better poll on this matter right now. Go vote in that :D

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

an_mutt posted:

I'm catching up on the thread and Kirby shitposting reminded me of one of my favourite tweets:

https://twitter.com/leyawn/status/1034148211785703429

VG has spent years sticking Kirby up his rear end?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
What??

Also before the previous post I was very happy about the amount of Kirby being posted. Love Kirby!

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
My Conservative MP won with a majority of over 16,000 in my constituency in 2017 so there will be no significant splitting of the vote by the Brexit Party. It's hard to get motivated about voting when your constituency is a foregone conclusion.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Starsnostars posted:

My Conservative MP won with a majority of over 16,000 in my constituency in 2017 so there will be no significant splitting of the vote by the Brexit Party. It's hard to get motivated about voting when your constituency is a foregone conclusion.

Get the momentum app and find your closest marginal and get campaigning! If you have to live under a tory oval office at least make sure he's miserable due to being in opposition

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Tesseraction posted:

Get the momentum app and find your closest marginal and get campaigning! If you have to live under a tory oval office at least make sure he's miserable due to being in opposition

Thiisssssss

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Starsnostars posted:

Then don't get motivated about the effect you won't have in your constituency.

Just tick the Labour box, put your vote in the post, and go campaign elsewhere.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

https://twitter.com/keewa/status/1190204815080591360?s=20

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
More useful stuff for OP which I will update once I'm back home.

Pound_Coin posted:

Hello yous, with election season upon us the brainspiders are going to be out in force, recently I've taken a couple of steps to make my internet experience less loving awful and I would like to share;

Hide Youtube comments

Hides all youtube comments, there is no toggle button to tempt you to show them again, they're just gone.

Quick Javascript switcher

Adds a javascript toggle button to the toolbar, breaks a sites that use ad-block blocker, skips "we see you're using adblocker", breaks embedded video ads, works per domain/sub domain rather than globally.

Alternate player for twitch

Alternate player for twitch, bypasses all ads, adds instant replay feature and generally cleans up UI for those long BBC parliament sessions

Also

Angepain posted:

Come to think of it, it might be a good idea for the OP to contain a general reminder to keep good care of your own mental health as a top priority. The election period is going to be stressful for a lot of people and it can often feel like you're obliged to pay attention to all the bad stuff that's happening and go above and beyond your own capacity for doing stuff to help, but wearing yourself out and ruining your own mental health isn't actually a good thing to do or to aim for. it's okay to switch off for a while and come back stronger. something along those lines, maybe put some numbers to helpines, even.
Could someone write something for this, I don't know any of the good numbers and the Establishment NHS frowns upon my personal thoughts.

Jedit posted:

VG has spent years sticking Kirby up his rear end?
Don't kinkshame.

VideoGames posted:

What??

Also before the previous post I was very happy about the amount of Kirby being posted. Love Kirby!

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Day 1: Labour launch video much more popular than Tory's.
Day 2: Corbyn does launch event, announces policies. Boris booed in hospital.
Day 3: Farage knifes Boris

Looking good so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

This thread just got too hopeful, shut it down