Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Alpha Centauri posted:

Man, my brain has been DDoSed from all the pinging going on lately

Might wanna get that pinger checked out, uncracked pings can get lodged in the creases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Inspector Hound posted:

Lol if he wins there will be a solid cabal of Democrats that go along with every lovely thing Republicans say about him

yeah, help me make sure chris coo isn't part of it. also maybe don't donate to him like preston waters did.

Preston Waters posted:

hey nichael i took ur advice about donating to a candidate while i was on probation

you cuck piece of poo poo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

ping crack.snarthelg.com -t

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

punchymcpunch posted:

scorpio is the genitals. take that other starsigns
thighs/loins cusp crew

crazy cloud posted:

it's my birthday this month where my trjmp thread scorpios at

we're the best, fuckkn deal w it

:yeah:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dolash posted:

I'm in robotics and bad news, the goal everyone's converging on is "can we make a human-like artificial agent that has social presence when it would be useful, like when gaining the cooperation of customers and coworkers by exploiting existing social customs, but not when it would be convenient, like when the working day is over and you switch them all off?"

In effect the pressures of efficiency and market demand under capitalism has them homing in on Blade Runner, and trying to argue for a robotics research program centered on the exploration of what it means to create a synthetic member of society is like swimming upstream.

This is really interesting to me but I'm a complete layman regarding anything to do with hard sciences so if you could write some more words about this I would really appreciate it!

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

trump resigns
pence appoints bill kirstol as vp
pence resigns
president kristol appoints mitt romney vp and resigns
romney makes kristol vp
secretary of state frum
chief of staff bill maher
cia director malcolm nance

this is the future liberals want

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
scorpio is the most presidential astrological sign, from the standpoint of trump

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

maybe you could do something about that as governor?

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

:russo:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

mormonpartyboat posted:

the only thing we deserve is to have our shadows painted on walls by radiation, as a warning for the inheritor species

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Nichael posted:

maybe you could do something about that as governor?

no

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Serf posted:

i wouldn't call myself an optimist, but i do think we have the answers to our problems. we just have to dispense with the rich to enact them

you're right but it's hard for me to imagine that Americans are capable of the latter when it seems our society is too far gone for that

it might help to keep in mind that I have plainly said that certain obligations I feel to family are the only reason I haven't killed myself

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

when u already helg but she keep snarting

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

even if they wanted to do this, there's no way it would go smoothly, snart would throw a massive nonstop tantrum on twitter for months lol

there's no escaping the helg

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

A Handed Missus posted:

trump resigns
pence resigns
romney makes kristol vp
secretary of state frum
cia director Bernie Sanders

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/1190277496345939968

VIP WITCH HUNT

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

hey Mari get a load of this tweet thread

https://mobile.twitter.com/MagsVisaggs/status/1190259044549828608

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Snart her?
I barely even helg her!

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxhj1Is7HpY

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Addamere posted:

This is really interesting to me but I'm a complete layman regarding anything to do with hard sciences so if you could write some more words about this I would really appreciate it!

creating a synthetic general intelligence is extremely difficult, bordering on fantastical. it is also not obviously profitable or even beneficial. replacing workers is obviously profitable and beneficial (in some cases).

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

A Handed Missus posted:

trump resigns
pence resigns
romney makes kristol vp
secretary of state frum
cia director malcolm nance

mods, suck filth, etc

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
imagine being as dumb as bill kristol lmao

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Trump

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
lol joe biden is bombing his fourth run for President

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

:borked:

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

moving to be closer to trump

living the dream

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

beto sex cramp posted:

creating a synthetic general intelligence is extremely difficult, bordering on fantastical. it is also not obviously profitable or even beneficial. replacing workers is obviously profitable and beneficial (in some cases).

Ideally we should make robot actors who are more than predator drones or suicidal mall cops.

Serf
May 5, 2011

tacodaemon posted:

you're right but it's hard for me to imagine that Americans are capable of the latter when it seems our society is too far gone for that

it might help to keep in mind that I have plainly said that certain obligations I feel to family are the only reason I haven't killed myself

i feel like as the contradictions heighten, people are increasingly going to break left and right. and the right is an absolute dead-end for anyone with more than two brain cells who isn't a white dude. i think the left will have the numbers in the end. but its going to loving suck getting through the war and environmental collapse etc.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

beto sex cramp posted:

no no, this kind of talk will never get those venture capitalists to give you money. you need to believe in the scam if you're gonna fleece them.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Serf posted:

people with no positive vision for a future have to find some way to justify their continued existence

there has to be an invisible sun

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

got some bad news about the gladplanes :(

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

gonna need some time to unpack this

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

eonwe posted:

imagine being as dumb as bill kristol lmao

That's my secret cap,

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Dolash posted:

In effect the pressures of efficiency and market demand under capitalism has them homing in on Blade Runner, and trying to argue for a robotics research program centered on the exploration of what it means to create a synthetic member of society is like swimming upstream.

tbh I'm surprised they're doing this instead of nerve stapling everyone and using robotics to maintain and dispose of the bodies

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Schnorkles you have some explaining to do

https://twitter.com/CMDR_Valkyrie/status/1189599400475144193?s=20

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

some Norwegian guy is wondering why his website is getting so many hits from usa lmao

Serf
May 5, 2011

Kilmers Elbow posted:

there has to be an invisible sun

??

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Squizzle posted:

mods, suck filth, etc

right i forgot to throw amash in there

uh... HHS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Marx Headroom posted:

tbh I'm surprised they're doing this instead of nerve stapling everyone and using robotics to maintain and dispose of the bodies

did we ever learn what exactly nerve stapling is beyond just being a bad sounding thing that is considered an atrocity