Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Did Kane ever win over Taker other than the buried alive match where he needed the Dudleys to help him? And then that led to the Wrestlemania XX match where Taker beat him again anyway.
During their 2010 feud Kane had Paul Bearer's help, but he beat him three times and one of them was clean and they blew it off at Hell in a Cell, so it was pretty decisive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Halloween Jack posted:

During their 2010 feud Kane had Paul Bearer's help, but he beat him three times and one of them was clean and they blew it off at Hell in a Cell, so it was pretty decisive.

They definitely made it clear over the years, that whenever Kane would lock up with Taker, that if he wasn't Take's equal, he was a close as he could be, and arguably more vicious.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

They definitely made it clear over the years, that whenever Kane would lock up with Taker, that if he wasn't Take's equal, he was a close as he could be, and arguably more vicious.

kane put even more points in endurance and strength but taker had the slight agi advantage

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

El Gallinero Gros posted:

And more willing to gently caress corpses and appear on Alex Jones

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

bobkatt013 posted:

And more willing to gently caress corpses and appear on Alex Jones

I'm pretty sure Taker was just never asked to appear.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
gently caress hogan on wwf in 98.

What would have happened if Flair went to wwf in 99 after he was fired from wcw. A motivated Flair going against Austin, rock, hhh. He probably would have done the mick Foley thing where he’s just putting guys over at the end of a long feud.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I think he might have just ended up in the same position when he was in WWE before: putting in good work, but just hanging out in the midcard with not a lot to do. Austin might have wanted to work with him, though.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Halloween Jack posted:

I think he might have just ended up in the same position when he was in WWE before: putting in good work, but just hanging out in the midcard with not a lot to do. Austin might have wanted to work with him, though.

flair and austin would've been amazing frenemies, since austin also spent half his time pissing off the entire roster

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The American Dream posted:

gently caress hogan on wwf in 98.

What would have happened if Flair went to wwf in 99 after he was fired from wcw. A motivated Flair going against Austin, rock, hhh. He probably would have done the mick Foley thing where he’s just putting guys over at the end of a long feud.

It was spring of 98 and according to him he was outside a PPV waiting to debut. Forget how it got nixed.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MassRafTer posted:

It was spring of 98 and according to him he was outside a PPV waiting to debut. Forget how it got nixed.

He was still involved in the lawsuit against WCW and his lawyer told him it would be hella dumb

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

MassRafTer posted:

I didn’t realize it was in 98. Adding Flair to that roster and those storylines would have been amazing. Vince could say Flair was his real worlds heavyweight champion, then turn on him and have The Rock take his place.

Flair knew austin was a future main eventer back in wcw and wanted to take him under his wing. It probably would have motivated the hell out of him and they would have had many great matches together.

They could have formed an uneasy alliance against the corporation based on Flairs troubles with the bosses at wcw. I’m going to assume the radicalz still jump ship and Flair can ease into managing his new 4 Horsemen while still wrestling a bit.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Randaconda posted:

He was still involved in the lawsuit against WCW and his lawyer told him it would be hella dumb

The lawsuit was going on but he was literally outside the arena on the phone with various parties so it had to take more than just a lawyer saying "bad idea." I'm sure it was legal putting their foot down, but I have a feeling there was more going on to actually stop it.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

If it was that simple Flair probably would have negotiated for his release rather than better terms.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

The lawsuit was going on but he was literally outside the arena on the phone with various parties so it had to take more than just a lawyer saying "bad idea." I'm sure it was legal putting their foot down, but I have a feeling there was more going on to actually stop it.

I'm sure Vince didn't want to set a precedent.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

holy poo poo those sting shirts fuckin own

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I want that Z-Man shirt

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

If only WCW could have kept their Hero Heads above water

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!
I hated the nWo belt so much because it's such a good looking belt!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

"i have given my triplet sons 3 wrestler heads on sticks, whoever currently owns the hogan head is the strongest and thus most favored"

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

If so, I'd think it boiled down to Flair really not wanting to leave WCW. No matter how bad they booked him, he'd always re-sign the contract. The contract was ironed out in late 1998 and he extended it, but I'm pretty sure he re-signed another after that. He'd talked well of his WWF experience in 1992, but because of insecurity or whatever, he stayed with WCW.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

RC and Moon Pie posted:

If so, I'd think it boiled down to Flair really not wanting to leave WCW. No matter how bad they booked him, he'd always re-sign the contract. The contract was ironed out in late 1998 and he extended it, but I'm pretty sure he re-signed another after that. He'd talked well of his WWF experience in 1992, but because of insecurity or whatever, he stayed with WCW.

i think part of it was just to spite bischoff, who fuckin hated him

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Why do the Hall Nash and Hogan action figures vibrate. Why are they seven inches in height and they vibrate. Why are they from Original San Francisco Toymakers and they are action figures of muscle men and they vibrate.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

I had a vibrating Sting figure. I was like 9 years old, didn't know better, and didn't understand why my dad found it so funny.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Animal-Mother posted:

Why do the Hall Nash and Hogan action figures vibrate. Why are they seven inches in height and they vibrate. Why are they from Original San Francisco Toymakers and they are action figures of muscle men and they vibrate.

every 5 years or so someone accidentally invents a sex toy for kids, its just the way nature goes

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Animal-Mother posted:

The Nash vibrating action figure would have been perfect for his fan club

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

overmind2000 posted:

The Nash vibrating action figure would have been perfect for his fan club

Someone ripped on them being old ladies or whatever to him on twitter so he basically said gently caress you these are my fans and they’re great.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i want to do an interview series on the big sexy fan club members

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I would, this very day, take that nWo gym bag to the gym

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

shiksa posted:

every 5 years or so someone accidentally invents a sex toy for kids, its just the way nature goes

Like the Play-Doh dildo from a few years ago.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Like the Play-Doh dildo from a few years ago.

or that harry potter broom :stonk:

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Someone ripped on them being old ladies or whatever to him on twitter so he basically said gently caress you these are my fans and they’re great.

Kevin Nash is a good man.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It was during his Youshoot, he looked legit angry somebody would talk poo poo about his fans.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Which is by several orders of magnitude the greatest thing Nash has ever done.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

ChrisBTY posted:

Which is by several orders of magnitude the greatest thing Nash has ever done.

Honestly I think Kevin Nash would be a pretty cool dude to know, as long as it's not in a work capacity.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Defiance Industries posted:

Honestly I think Kevin Nash would be a pretty cool dude to know, as long as it's not in a work capacity.

Him and Cornette are like the two confirmed wrestlers who vote Democrat.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Randaconda posted:

so they're still miles behind David Starr and ZSJ you're saying

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Randaconda posted:

That's not even close to true, Hangman and Scorpio Sky are both Bernie Bros.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

That's not even close to true, Hangman and Scorpio Sky are both Bernie Bros.

I believe you will find bernie dont even are democrat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Alaois posted:

so they're still miles behind David Starr and ZSJ you're saying

And a galaxy ahead of most wrestlers.