Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Star Citizen: Other M(LM)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
It really is an MLM with how the cultists constantly try to get other people to buy into the jpeg's and to buy their own jpeg's on the grey market.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I've just skipped through the Halloween video... are they trying to pass bugs for content now?

https://i.imgur.com/MpQCoe7.mp4

SelenicMartian fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Nov 1, 2019

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQEPme0SXtQ

Star Citizen is now last gen :trustme:

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Uh oh. Pray that Crobblers hasn't seen this, or you can add +5 years to S42 development starting now.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

G0RF posted:

YOUTUBE: Inside Star Citizen - The EZ-Hab of Horror!

:five::five::five:

This is the kind of full-on commitment to cringe we haven’t seen in years. Lando embraces the kind of “only for the fans” cultish goofiness that’s sure to convince casual tirekickers that, “uh, this looks like a game for crazy people.”

I remember when ATV hit episode 100 and Lando started warning that CIG was going to be entering a new era of professionalism, as befit their maturity as a company. They needed to start appealing to broader audiences. And for a good stretch, that’s what they gave us. Slick, content deep, multi-studio discussions of crap now long forgotten. But at least for today, the whack is back! (So make sure to savor every painful minute of it...)

Disco channelling The Yamiks there.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

SelenicMartian posted:

I've just skipped through the Halloween video... are they trying to pass bugs for content now?

https://i.imgur.com/MpQCoe7.mp4

Why do they have such a stout man doing the mocap if he's meant to be a marine? Don't the position of those markers matter? SC is a game where all the characters are perfect specimins of humanity, so i would have thought for mocap purposes they would require the right body shape.... and, wouldn't they also need to do it all again for the female body as well, beceause, you know, hips and stuff are a tad different. Wasn't there an issue early on with the female model where they walked like men?

And why the hell do they insist on mocapping anyway? Its really restricts what anims you can have. You need to mocap every anim you want then.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
I get updates still from CiG, and I also get updates from dual universe.

It's amazing how the little guys continually show up Chris and company.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Agony Aunt posted:

And why the hell do they insist on mocapping anyway? Its really restricts what anims you can have. You need to mocap every anim you want then.

You clearly don't possess the ability to appreciate true fidelity.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Agony Aunt posted:

Why do they have such a stout man doing the mocap if he's meant to be a marine?

Isn't it slim by american standard ?

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018

Agony Aunt posted:

Why do they have such a stout man doing the mocap if he's meant to be a marine? Don't the position of those markers matter? SC is a game where all the characters are perfect specimins of humanity, so i would have thought for mocap purposes they would require the right body shape.... and, wouldn't they also need to do it all again for the female body as well, beceause, you know, hips and stuff are a tad different. Wasn't there an issue early on with the female model where they walked like men?

Surely this is a SQ42 specific mo-cap.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Zzr posted:

Don't doxx me.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Agony Aunt posted:

Because Chris wants to be a movie star!
There is some footage out there of Chris in mocap doing a half forward roll, now imagine the poor dev getting that data and trying to link it to a Buff McLargeHuge marine model.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

jarlywarly posted:

Surely this is a SQ42 specific mo-cap.

So, fatties confirmed for SQ42?

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

I will set my car on fire if Squadron 42 sells even 100,000 copies beyond what has already been 'sold' upon its official release. I'm also predicting a metacritic of below 50.
Although I'm guessing it would be pretty difficult to get any legit 3rd-party sales numbers. Is there any chance that Squadron 42 would be sold on Steam or something?

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Fidelitious posted:

I will set my car on fire if Squadron 42 sells even 100,000 copies beyond what has already been 'sold' upon its official release. I'm also predicting a metacritic of below 50.
Although I'm guessing it would be pretty difficult to get any legit 3rd-party sales numbers. Is there any chance that Squadron 42 would be sold on Steam or something?

:lol: why not go for the Epic exclusive deal to get that extra sweet moneys from Sweeney.
I mean they did worse by their backers already, there's no chance that they'll be unhappy about that -- that is, if Crobbler can produce a stable SQ42 ever and can convince Epic that it is going to sell.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

AbstractNapper posted:

:lol: why not go for the Epic exclusive deal to get that extra sweet moneys from Sweeney.
I mean they did worse by their backers already, there's no chance that they'll be unhappy about that -- that is, if Crobbler can produce a stable SQ42 ever and can convince Epic that it is going to sell.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Zzr posted:

I feel like everyone who says this forgets the opioid crisis and how many meth-heads we have now.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Zzr posted:

I’d like to say that this isn’t true, especially for our military, but as I look down over my pre-dad bod I can’t deny it.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

colonelwest posted:

I’d like to say that this isn’t true, especially for our military, but as I look down over my pre-dad bod I can’t deny it.

So are you like pre-alpha-dad?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

colonelwest posted:

Apparently a fairly high percentage of American youth can't actually pass the entry physical anymore.

'Profits'

Like it's a niche of a niche game that has been super-marketing itself for years; it's already saturated. Even the money launderers are wondering when their payout will come.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Agony Aunt posted:

So, fatties confirmed for SQ42?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5qy-fYz_Bk&t=248s

Hefties in gameplay from 2004. C'mon Ci!G.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Colostomy Bag posted:

So are you like pre-alpha-dad?

My dad bod is tier 0, once craft beer mechanics are fully implemented though, the pace of development with increase exponentially.

Hav posted:

Apparently a fairly high percentage of American youth can't actually pass the entry physical anymore.

70-80% of America's youth are pretty much automatically disqualified from military service. Most can't pass the initial fitness test or the physical exams, and a good portion are borderline illiterate and can't pass the ASVAB. As for the rest, many of them wash out of the initial training with horrible musculoskeletal injuries because they've never consistently exercised before in their entire lives.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

colonelwest posted:

My dad bod is tier 0, once craft beer mechanics are fully implemented though, the pace of development with increase exponentially.

70-80% of America's youth are pretty much automatically disqualified from military service. Most can't pass the initial fitness test or the physical exams, and a good portion are borderline illiterate and can't pass the ASVAB. As for the rest, many of them wash out of the initial training with horrible musculoskeletal injuries because they've never consistently exercised before in their entire lives.

How would Lesnick fare?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Colostomy Bag posted:

How would Lesnick fare?

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/wtfosaurus/status/1190328671397003264

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Remember when we couldn't tell if his hand was bent forward or backward due to the wrist fat

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

When I was in the Navy the standards were loooow and I can only imagine they've gotten lower.

Our fitness test was a 1.5 mile run, and as many pushups and sit ups you could do in 2 minutes. Minumums were based on age/gender and they were low. We took them every six months, and as a nerd who never excersized I managed to pass all of mine.

Good lord, how can you not jog a little over a mile?

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Elderbean posted:

When I was in the Navy the standards were loooow and I can only imagine they've gotten lower.

Our fitness test was a 1.5 mile run, and as many pushups and sit ups you could do in 2 minutes. Minumums were based on age/gender and they were low. We took them every six months, and as a nerd who never excersized I managed to pass all of mine.

Good lord, how can you not jog a little over a mile?

I just finished 3.5 years in the Army. Their PT test used to be the same but with a 2 mile run. But now they’re moving to the ACFT which is a complicated crossfit type test that includes things like deadlifts and shuttle sprints. It’s age and gender neutral but there are three tiers of passing scores based on your job. So intelligence nerds like me can pass more easily than infantry.

It’s causing huge problems though, because the Army never really trained along those lines before. A good portion of male soldiers and a whopping 87% of females can’t pass it. So it’s a big administrative poo poo show right now.

MostlyRandom
Nov 1, 2019
Hi
I've been lurking here forever
I finally have something to contribute so I paid my tenner.

in the halloween video by CI not G they show the character editor in action.

I was under the impression that they rewrote Cryengine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYu9je0IQdQ&t=563s

character tool is a default cryengine module. (lumberyards character editor is EmotionFX and animation editor)

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

colonelwest posted:

I just finished 3.5 years in the Army. Their PT test used to be the same but with a 2 mile run. But now they’re moving to the ACFT which is a complicated crossfit type test that includes things like deadlifts and shuttle sprints. It’s age and gender neutral but there are three tiers of passing scores based on your job. So intelligence nerds like me can pass more easily than infantry.

It’s causing huge problems though, because the Army never really trained along those lines before. A good portion of male soldiers and a whopping 87% of females can’t pass it. So it’s a big administrative poo poo show right now.

Its a good (or bad?) job the US military is shifting towards drones and automated stuff these days, because if they relied on their actual soliders they would be screwed.

Imagine the headlines if the US couldn't win a war because their populatation was simply too fat.

What was it they used to say in the east? The decadent west.

I've compared the US to Rome before. Stamping its authority around the world while the core rots from the inside.

The Vanduul are at the gates!

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MostlyRandom posted:

Hi

character tool is a default cryengine module. (lumberyards character editor is EmotionFX and animation editor)

Shut it you FUDster. Everyone knows everything CIG do has never been done before.

In other news, thinking about those anims, it basically means every single time an anim runs its exactly the same and its destined to follow the same anim path.

This is one thing that felt wrong to me when i last tried a free fly. I felt like there was a lack of responsiveness. Whenever i did something, it refused to change what i was doing until the current anim had finished. If i take a step forward but then want to dodge to the left, i will only dodge to the left once i've finished stepping foward. Compare that with your typical arena game where you can throw yourself around in multiple directions multiple times a second and its responsive. I understand they want realism, but it sucks for fast paced combat, and in real life, we can actually change what we are doing mid-action.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

colonelwest posted:

Did you ask for a refund?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

MostlyRandom posted:

Hi

He's not wrong. character tool _is_ Cryengine. https://docs.cryengine.com/display/SDKDOC2/Interface+Overview+-+Character+Tool

Lumberyards Character and motion tool is entirely different.

MostlyRandom
Nov 1, 2019

Agony Aunt posted:

Whenever i did something, it refused to change what i was doing until the current anim had finished.

obviously they are on tier 0 animation blend

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Agony Aunt posted:

Its a good (or bad?) job the US military is shifting towards drones and automated stuff these days, because if they relied on their actual soliders they would be screwed.

It was always the specificity of the modern US armies compared to their western allies : the overabundance of everything. They can call an air strike at will, have plenty of drones, and they are not shy to share stuff with their allies. You can ask an us soldier for ammos and in the next minutes he will give you a crate of thousand of them. The only downside in it is the really lovely rations.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

And the no alchool rule is poo poo too. Poor guys.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

MostlyRandom posted:

Hi

It's weird to see Lando cosplaying as a discount Terry Jones from Monty Python.

And :lol: at the character tool. Good find, new friend :wave:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
Roadmap Roundup November 1st 2019

Hi everyone,

We’ve already seen very promising results in the overall playability and user experience in Star Citizen in Alpha 3.7 thanks to our recent transition to Staggered Development. While we still have a lot more to do, we plan on maintaining this newfound momentum and pushing for a greater breadth of quality of life changes/fixes in the patches to come. As we mentioned when we first made this development change, we knew there would be some changes to the Roadmap as we re-prioritized. This re-prioritization is still on-going, which you will notice in the Roadmap Roundups to come. Specifically, we’re in the process of doing some re-calibration in an effort to allocate proper resources to focus on quality of life changes in both 3.8 and 3.9. It’s time to squash some of those longstanding bugs and clean up overall the gameplay experience and playability, so that you can enjoy Star Citizen even more while we continue development.

Please note that we will look to add some new cards to the Roadmap in the near future to accurately represent some of the new quality of life work being focused on.

With that, let’s dive into this week’s roundup!

-CIG Community Team Notable Changes for November 1st, 2019

PU – New Babbage Landing Zone DELAYED

The re-allocation of resources mentioned above resulted in a few changes to the New Babbage landing zone. This landing zone has now been split into two separate cards: exterior & interior. The first will come in Alpha 3.8 as planned, featuring all external structures of New Babbage. The second card will be included in Alpha 3.9, allowing us to give the interior the attention to detail it deserves, which will ultimately provide a great experience when landing and exploring the city. This change will not impact microTech or the various new biomes coming online with this new planet, which are still on track for Alpha 3.8.

PU – Prison Gameplay SCOPE CREEP

We’ve made considerable progress on Prison Gameplay, with the associated gameplay activities, missions, and environments nearly complete. We will be adding the Prison Gameplay card to the Roadmap today which covers all the broad content & features contained within the Prison gameplay loop coming in 3.9. As we learn more from the development team, next week, the Prison Gameplay card will be broken into a variety of different cards that accurately represent the development work making this gameplay loop possible.

SQ42 – Flight: Mission Logic Additional Controls DELAYED

We’ve made the decision to move this task to the second quarter of 2020 in order to re-allocate development resources to the following tasks:
3D Pathfinding
Target Selection
Various SQ42 improvements
Some unannounced features (see you at CitizenCon.)
You can expect to see more updates on these following the conclusion of our current planning phase.

SQ42 – FPS: Stealth v3 & FPS: Realistic Firing v2 DELAYED

We’ve made the decision to move these tasks to the first and second quarter of 2020, respectively, due to the following tasks involving more feedback and iterations than originally expected:
Weapon Types – Shotgun & Pistol
Cover Usage
Defend Area
Server Meshing Support

SQ42 – FPS: Navigation v2 DELAYED

While development has been going very well on FPS: Navigation v2, to deliver on planet navigation and usage of airlocks/doors, we’ll require an additional quarter, therefore this task has been moved to the first quarter of 2020. You can expect to see more updates on the subject following the conclusion of our current planning phase.

SQ42 – Flight: Ace Pilot DELAYED

In an effort to re-prioritize resources, we’ve made the decision to temporarily remove this card from the Public Roadmap until we’ve concluded where it will land back in our timeline. Some of the priorities that this change will allow us to focus more on are:
3D Pathfinding
QT Linking
Various SQ42 improvements
Target Selection
Formations
Player vs. Average AI
Atmospheric Combat
Some unannounced content… (see you at CitizenCon!)
Keep in mind that further prioritization sessions for AI will happen this quarter, so it is possible additional updates may follow. MORE DELAYS TO COME

PU – FPS: Cover Usage v1 & SQ42 – FPS: Cover Usage v2 DELAYED

Feedback and review for the following bulleted items have taken longer than expected, and because of that, FPS: Cover Usage v1 is now expected to come in following the cutoff date for the Alpha 3.8 release. Due to this, we have moved both v1 & v2 cards, with v1 now expected in Q1 and v2 expected in Q2.
Weapon Types – Shotgun & Pistol
Cover Usage
Defend Area
Server Meshing Support

PU – Flight AI: Improvements and Polishing & PU – FPS: Combat Improvements and Polishing DELAYED

These cards reference crucial work that move us towards our completed flight & combat AI experiences. With the more-preliminary AI tasks mentioned above being a big focus, we’ll need to shift these two tasks to 4.0.

That’s all for this week’s Roundup – join the discussion on Spectrum

Quavers fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Nov 1, 2019