Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Well I'm convinced. The Ravens loving suck!!

No we're alright. Just our track record with drafted WRs is the worst in football. And this drives me bananas because it's one of the keys to having a functional offense in the modern NFL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Too late, can't retract my conclusion

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

Mark Andrews is a good TE. He is not great by any means.

STFU YOU SON OF A BITCH

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

There's no such thing as a great TE.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Hell yes!!!!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I wish I could dispute this

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Cavauro posted:

being 5-2 is a tie

lol

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Bengals have always been a small brained, short-sighted, mom and pop operation, and now that the only adult in the room was fired last season they have returned to their natural state: AFCN Basement Dweller.
the small contingent of "it wasn't marvin's fault" is getting the last laugh

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Today I woke up feeling

Defensive.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Consider donating $14.00 to the Andy & JJ Dalton Foundation, for the 14 consecutive first round playoff exits

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I gave them $14 just to help them finally find their freaking luggage!

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

sorry, i already gave my $14 to The Trump 2020 Campaign

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

simpsons tito puente condom dispenser man except he's pulling the lever for donald trump: I can't believe the Bengals benched Andy Dalton and didn't trade him

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yeah

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Did someone say Tito Puente???

Good music, that man did.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Grossi is removing the paywall on his site so he can publicly take a poo poo on Baker, which he has been doing since before Baker was drafted. Tony Grossi is a tool.

Edit: I just skimmed it, it's basically Baker doesnt want to give Grossi the time of day since Grossi is a drama queen scumbag beat writer.

Flikken fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Oct 31, 2019

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/chesapeakesport/status/1189572711485493251?s=20

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/TheTylerDragon/status/1189874660697157632

weird who would have guessed that they are lowballing the poo poo out of AJ

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

So having public meltdowns against the media is usually a good sign that a QB will work out right?
I am really rooting for Baker Mayfield to turn his poo poo around but you can't fix being shook.
It kills more QB careers than torn ACLs.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Flikken posted:

Edit: I just skimmed it, it's basically Baker doesnt want to give Grossi the time of day since Grossi is a drama queen scumbag beat writer.

Tony is an rear end in a top hat that people hate more than regular assholes because he's right some of the time.

From the article:

quote:

But I am not the only person he has disrespected along the way. The stare-down of Hue Jackson last year, the putdown of Daniel Jones in a national magazine interview, the interference in Duke Johnson’s personal squabble with management … those are just the obvious occurrences that received widespread attention. There have been others that were brushed aside as “Baker being Baker.”

Baker pretended like the stare down didn't happen for a while until he was forced to admit what was loving obvious to everyone else.

He's a punk.

Instead of him just saying that having an attitude makes him a better player, he should concentrate on the poo poo that will actually make him a better player.

Doctor Butts fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Oct 31, 2019

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Regardless of Mayfield as a person, even though I'm not a Cleveland fan it will make me very sad to see another name on that Browns meme jersey.
Cleveland fans deserve a loving break.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

ChrisBTY posted:

Regardless of Mayfield as a person, even though I'm not a Cleveland fan it will make me very sad to see another name on that Browns meme jersey.

the jersey got retired after the Cavs won

it shouldn't have been

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

It shouldn't have been, but I think the dude just wanted an excuse to stop doing it.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Baker and Tony Grossi should fight.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

That's the Brownsiest option.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

a patagonian cavy posted:

the jersey got retired after the Cavs won

it shouldn't have been

This somehow does not make me feel any better.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

https://twitter.com/TheTylerDragon/status/1189874660697157632

weird who would have guessed that they are lowballing the poo poo out of AJ

they are 100% going to franchise tag him from now until forever because no one hates the cincinnati bengals more than the cincinnati bengals

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

AJ I have some tips on what to do now from another former AFCN Wide Receiver.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

they are 100% going to franchise tag him from now until forever because no one hates the cincinnati bengals more than the cincinnati bengals

Eh, the fans maybe

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Last night when we took our kid trick or treating I had to stop for a minute and check something out on my phone, so I fell behind.

To catch up, I ran across the street to meet them.

My wife got all pissed off and said “You shouldn't be running across the street like that in dark clothes at night, you might get hurt!”

I told her "Relax, this is Baker Mayfield's neighborhood. We all know he can't hit anyone wearing a Browns jersey."

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Doctor Butts posted:

Last night when we took our kid trick or treating I had to stop for a minute and check something out on my phone, so I fell behind.

To catch up, I ran across the street to meet them.

My wife got all pissed off and said “You shouldn't be running across the street like that in dark clothes at night, you might get hurt!”

I told her "Relax, this is Baker Mayfield's neighborhood. We all know he can't hit anyone wearing a Browns jersey."

It's not often I hope something is STDH.txt

but here we are

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Browns are back

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1190336401587482624?s=21

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The gently caress, Flacco had 8 fumbles this year

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Bum Flacco is bad? Impossible, John Elway has never been wrong about a quarterback

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Neat. Brett Rypien is Mark Rypien's nephew.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

I agree. The Ravens suck because they don't have a WR as good as *checks notes* the third best WR all time. I mean, instead of the highest scoring team in the league, they could be an even higher scoring team!

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

ChrisBTY posted:

no they do not

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

MrLogan posted:

I agree. The Ravens suck because they don't have a WR as good as *checks notes* the third best WR all time. I mean, instead of the highest scoring team in the league, they could be an even higher scoring team!

What I mean is that we cannot draft and develop WRs. Every WR we've had that's worth a drat has come from elsewhere. You could cheat and argue that Derrick Alexander was drafted by the franchise. But that was the Browns.

Torrey Smith had one 1000 yard season in 2013. Brandon stokley had a 1000 yard season in Indianapolis once with Peyton Manning as QB. And that's it. Nobody we drafted otherwise ever had a single measley 1000 yard season, anywhere. I'm not setting the bar too high. This team simply cannot draft or develop that position. And I don't completely understand why. I don't think any other team in the league can possibly have that putrid of a record with drafted WRs since the team became the Ravens in 1996.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Kawalimus posted:

What I mean is that we cannot draft and develop WRs. Every WR we've had that's worth a drat has come from elsewhere. You could cheat and argue that Derrick Alexander was drafted by the franchise. But that was the Browns.

Torrey Smith had one 1000 yard season in 2013. Brandon stokley had a 1000 yard season in Indianapolis once with Peyton Manning as QB. And that's it. Nobody we drafted otherwise ever had a single measley 1000 yard season, anywhere. I'm not setting the bar too high. This team simply cannot draft or develop that position. And I don't completely understand why. I don't think any other team in the league can possibly have that putrid of a record with drafted WRs since the team became the Ravens in 1996.

The Steelers haven't drafted a worthwhile defensive back since Ike Taylor and Troy Polamalu in 2003, buddy. Every team, even teams that draft well like the Steelers and Ravens have their issues

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

The Steelers haven't drafted a worthwhile defensive back since Ike Taylor and Troy Polamalu in 2003, buddy. Every team, even teams that draft well like the Steelers and Ravens have their issues

But you have gotten them. One of those is a HoF. We haven't even gotten a single selected pro bowler WR. Ever.

Defensive back maybe is the only position the Ravens draft better than the Steelers. And it's nowhere near the gap between the Steelers WR drafts vs the Ravens WR drafts.

Braylon Edwards was a draft pick by the Browns largely considered a bust. He would be the best Ravens receiver ever drafted.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Nov 1, 2019