Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Acceptable. I assumed he was a general in some sort of army that, rather than military action, sold insurance. But he's still a general. :thermidor:
He's a general in the sense that Herman from The Simpsons was a Soldier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

MMMM I know you're about to tell me of that homeworld

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

He's a god damned General so he'd be Lawful Evil. AFLAC duck can be Landerig

To this day, everytime Landerig comes up I reminisce on the time he called himself a “forums double agent” and laugh

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

zoux posted:

MMMM I know you're about to tell me of that homeworld

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

crossposting to Dune thread

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
My favorite meme is the meme of labeling where the meme is from.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/MerryKish/status/1190102106377637888

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

You must walk without rhythm to avoid summoning Shai'Chalud

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

gurney halleck plays an instrument, he should be switched with the emperor

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
https://i.imgur.com/SWbHWh8.gifv

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

zoux posted:

You must walk without rhythm to avoid summoning Shai'Chalud

Chad’Hulud bro

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

So pure, so good, so dad. Perfect.

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

I keep turning my monitor off and on but nothing's different?

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔
Can the thread help me find a half remembered meme from ages ago? It was a political compass, each quadrant labeled with something like "everything is [blank], except [blank], which is cool" I think authoritarian right was "everything is genocide, except for genocide, which is cool" and libertarian right was "everything is theft, except for theft, which is cool" and maybe libertarian left was"everything is violence, except for violence, which is cool." Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Edit: lol I found it five seconds after posting this

Blackula Vs. Tarantula has a new favorite as of 22:58 on Nov 1, 2019

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I think the quality of the Epstein memes is fine, it's just that like... y'all do realize that yes, he literally killed himself, right? Like he hanged himself dead?

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I think the quality of the Epstein memes is fine, it's just that like... y'all do realize that yes, he literally killed himself, right? Like he hanged himself dead?

CopperHound posted:

E: "Jeffery Epstein was purposefully allowed to die" doesn't quite have the same ring to it even if it is closer to an unquestionable truth.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

This is amazing, although my brain keeps blanking out at trying to perceive Shai-Hulud as prep/jock

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I mean we absolutely don't know for sure that he did it all by himself or wanted to.

He was allowed to, for sure. Either by design or through systemic and highly convenient coincidental gross negligence.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Blackula Vs. Tarantula posted:

Can the thread help me find a half remembered meme from ages ago? It was a political compass, each quadrant labeled with something like "everything is [blank], except [blank], which is cool" I think authoritarian right was "everything is genocide, except for genocide, which is cool" and libertarian right was "everything is theft, except for theft, which is cool" and maybe libertarian left was"everything is violence, except for violence, which is cool." Anyone know what I'm talking about?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
haven't you guys ever seen prison beak with c note in season 2? They probably just copied that idea.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

TBH it seems fishy as gently caress but it’s not like they’re gonna audit their suicide ward to see if this kind of a security fuckup was a regular thing or not. (It probably was because our prison system is hot fuckin garbage lmao)

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The guy who was about to testify about the wealthy elite just happened to perfectly time his suicide with the exact moment all the cameras went off in his cell block and the guards were reportedly sleeping. He even managed to do it in a way that had an independent medical examiner determine it was definitely not self-inflicted.

He was a wily one, that Epstein. I guess we'll never find out anything about "our faves".

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

The guy who was about to testify about the wealthy elite just happened to perfectly time his suicide with the exact moment all the cameras went off in his cell block and the guards were reportedly sleeping. He even managed to do it in a way that had an independent medical examiner determine it was definitely not self-inflicted.

He was a wily one, that Epstein. I guess we'll never find out anything about "our faves".

I think people are just so inundated with the simplicity of TV, movies, video games that they forget how breathtakingly complex real life is.

Any "moment" in time, no matter how humdrum or significant, is a result of trillions upon trillions of variables coming together in one unique instance. Your trip to Starbucks this morning probably felt like nothing special, but if you'd been hit by a car or a piano fell on you, that moment would seem unfathomably coincidental. Just by changing one detail.

Ol' Swearengen never went to that Starbucks, he always went to the other one! (which happened to be closed that day). He always took a break at 1:00, not noon! (he had a dentist appointment that day). In fact, Friday is his day off so why was he even at work? (he switched his schedule for his niece's birthday party). And the driver of the car was his jilted ex lover! (coincidence)

We're wired for it so I don't fault anyone for it, but A Bunch Of Coincidental poo poo happens literally any time poo poo happens

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I think people are just so inundated with the simplicity of TV, movies, video games that they forget how breathtakingly complex real life is.

Any "moment" in time, no matter how humdrum or significant, is a result of trillions upon trillions of variables coming together in one unique instance. Your trip to Starbucks this morning probably felt like nothing special, but if you'd been hit by a car or a piano fell on you, that moment would seem unfathomably coincidental. Just by changing one detail.

Ol' Swearengen never went to that Starbucks, he always went to the other one! (which happened to be closed that day). He always took a break at 1:00, not noon! (he had a dentist appointment that day). In fact, Friday is his day off so why was he even at work? (he switched his schedule for his niece's birthday party). And the driver of the car was his jilted ex lover! (coincidence)

We're wired for it so I don't fault anyone for it, but A Bunch Of Coincidental poo poo happens literally any time poo poo happens

yea

epstein didnt commit suicide he was murdered by henchmen to protect the secret sex and financial crimes of the global elite

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Look it isnt my fault that I happened to be carrying my candy sack and forgot to take off my halloween mask when I went to the bank and found a gun in the parking lot that I took inside to see if someone dropped it and when I yelled out "I have a gun" everyone freaked out and the guard shot at me so I had to shoot back and then the woman threw money in my sack and I ran away because I was scared to my car that my friend who also didnt remember to take his mask off was waiting in. It was all a bunch of coincidence, you gotta believe me.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Ammanas posted:

epstein did commit suicide to avoid prosecution for his pedophilia which unfortunately happened to protect the secret sex and financial crimes of the global elite

Close!

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
Jeffrey Epstein was personally murdered by Bill Clinton, Donald Trump and Prince Andrew in a Buddy Assassin laugh-fest for the ages. In theaters Summer 2020. Rated NC-17.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Fantastic Flyer posted:

Jeffrey Epstein was personally murdered by Bill Clinton, Donald Trump and Prince Andrew in a Buddy Assassin laugh-fest for the ages. In theaters Summer 2020. Rated NC-17.

Honestly this is why the memes cross over from Amusement to Harmful. The conspiracy theory that prominent Democratic party members were behind the 'murder' is 100% propagated and fueled by the political right and will be a major factor in Trump's 2020 reelection.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Honestly this is why the memes cross over from Amusement to Harmful. The conspiracy theory is 100% propagated and fueled by the political right and will be a major factor in Trump's 2020 reelection.
:hmmyes:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Please don't bring adolescents this close to Epstein Chat

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Saw some halloween decorations in my neighbor's yard. You know the gag gravestones, with names like I. B. DED or RUST N. PEACE?
They had made one that said "PRESS F TO PAY RESPECTS" and "WE LIVE IN A GRAVEYARD BOTTOM TEXT"

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

canyoneer posted:

Saw some halloween decorations in my neighbor's yard. You know the gag gravestones, with names like I. B. DED or RUST N. PEACE?
They had made one that said "PRESS F TO PAY RESPECTS" and "WE LIVE IN A GRAVEYARD BOTTOM TEXT"

You should move.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

My parents never said that what the gently caress lol

e: they did do all those other things though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Dude was acting like he was going to get released again until the first time someone tried to kill him, which was why he was put in the supposedly suicude proof cell to begin with. This isn't even touching every thing that happened at the same time he "suicided himself" nor the fact he was working with his lawyer to secure his assets for when (he thought) he'd be released. There's literally no evidence to suggest he killed himself.