Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

imagine ever being on the Sobble train lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

gently caress, that grooky evo owns

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Everybody mad about that final Sobble evo while I'm over here thinking he looks like greninja's twink boyfriend and that's adorable.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
It looks loving awful and I nearly, nearly feel bad for water starter people, were it not for the fact that just about any water pokemon learns ice/ground/rock/fighting/poison moves which has always been a big ol' "gently caress you" to the aledged balance between the three starting types.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Flopsy posted:

Everybody mad about that final Sobble evo while I'm over here thinking he looks like greninja's twink boyfriend and that's adorable.

agreed

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Ka0 posted:

It looks loving awful and I nearly, nearly feel bad for water starter people, were it not for the fact that just about any water pokemon learns ice/ground/rock/fighting/poison moves which has always been a big ol' "gently caress you" to the aledged balance between the three starting types.

And that Grooky evo does absolutely nothing for me so I guess it all balances out. Also I'm getting the impression Intelleon is going to be the sole special attacker while the other two are going to be more physically based. Scorbunny is clearly going to be the speedster of the bunch but the noodle lizard looks like he'll be fairly fast too.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Nov 2, 2019

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

What a trash gen.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

imagine ever being on the Sobble train lmao.

Imagine actually buying Sword/Shield, or giving any more money to GameFreak and TPCi at all.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

qnqnx posted:

Imagine actually buying Sword/Shield, or giving any more money to GameFreak and TPCi at all.

:hmmyes:

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Injuryprone posted:

What a trash gen.

The time honored christening of every single Gen since the first.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

qnqnx posted:

this is one of the more pathetic things I've read

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

qnqnx posted:

thank god preorders are up so i don't have to be stuck only imagining this

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

Ka0 posted:

Water is usually one of my two favorite types by a long shot and I am usually a water starter guy, but some gens just miss that mark *cough* Gens 5 and 8 *cough*

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

indigi posted:

this is one of the more pathetic things I've read

Consider the source.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

I'm probably going to give a really unpopular take here, but the more I look at the final evos the more I love Sobble's and the more I hate Grooky's. Like I'll take a sassy gay lizard over a super saiyan gorilla any loving day.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Ka0 posted:

Actually its extremely good

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Ya know, Sobbles evo is kind of growing on me. It's just so goofy looking, I might take it and use the mustache fox as my fire type.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I was expecting something extremely lanky the second the leak said "spy chameleon"

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Sobble continues three-gen streak of Water being the best.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I think I'm really gonna like the Sobble evolution in motion.

I didn't know if I liked Sobble's evo at first, then I saw some fake Sobble evos on Twitter that looked like complete poo poo because somehow people still think Pokemon starters evolve into "bigger and more animal-y" after all this time. So that makes me appreciate creativity more. He's just so dang slender.

Cipher Pol 9 fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Nov 2, 2019

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Didn't the leak say he was supposed to be part ghost too? Water/ghost is good typing.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

I think preference tends to depend on whether or not one thought salazzle was a good design. In my case she's an absolute queen who murdered anything in my first playthrough so I guess that's that.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I’m pleasantly surprised by that Grookey evo. Might choose him and name him Gorillaz.

Sobble evo though, I really don’t like his giant human hands.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Flopsy posted:

I think preference tends to depend on whether or not one thought salazzle was a good design. In my case she's an absolute queen who murdered anything in my first playthrough so I guess that's that.

I had a Salazzle as one of my main 6 in Moon, so you may be onto something.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Oh! Apparently the pictures of the mid-stage starters posted earlier were shiny, that's why they looked so off and wrong. The normal colors look much more in line with the originals and I'm liking them a lot more now.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I had a Salazzle as one of my main 6 in Moon, so you may be onto something.

Oh man same! :hfive: Named her Pele' and she ruled.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Oh! Apparently the pictures of the mid-stage starters posted earlier were shiny, that's why they looked so off and wrong. The normal colors look much more in line with the originals and I'm liking them a lot more now.

How? Or does the pokedex show shiny colors without seeing them now?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Electric Phantasm posted:

How? Or does the pokedex show shiny colors without seeing them now?
That's what I'm guessing, unless this madman did hella restarts.

Or the whole thing is a fake, but I doubt that at this point. With the right colors they look legit to me.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

If they were fake I think they wouldn't be as divisive. Also a lot of people headcannoned Sobble evolving into some sort of badass dragon. At no point did I ever expect anything like that, I expected sleek noodle lizard the minute the spy theme was leaked.

also here to celebrate his release: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGZ0ntpSx2Y

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

That's what I'm guessing, unless this madman did hella restarts.

Or the whole thing is a fake, but I doubt that at this point. With the right colors they look legit to me.

how many restarts would one theoretically have to do so that two of the starters were shiny? it's in the tens of thousands, right?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Or they have a digital copy and hacking tools

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Nanigans posted:

Or they have a digital copy and hacking tools

that's why I said theoretically

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Flopsy posted:

If they were fake I think they wouldn't be as divisive. Also a lot of people headcannoned Sobble evolving into some sort of badass dragon. At no point did I ever expect anything like that, I expected sleek noodle lizard the minute the spy theme was leaked.

also here to celebrate his release: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGZ0ntpSx2Y

...Oh my God, I just realized that the secret agent theme of the Sobble line fits into Poke-Britain because they're like James Bond (and a billion other British spies from popular culture).

Unless Scorrbunny's final evo really manages to impress I think that secret agent lizard really is my man (or woman).

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

...Oh my God, I just realized that the secret agent theme of the Sobble line fits into Poke-Britain because they're like James Bond (and a billion other British spies from popular culture).

Unless Scorrbunny's final evo really manages to impress I think that secret agent lizard really is my man (or woman).

And Grookey is a drummer whose grass and ROCK type because of the Beatles.

And Scorbunny is a soccer player.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I like Sobble's Evo but I miss water types being big chunky fatsos

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I feel the need to point out that neither final evolution came from the same leaker, have no in -game proof of their existence, and may be fake shown now so as to make use of the proper leak to fool people more easily.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Calaveron posted:

I like Sobble's Evo but I miss water types being big chunky fatsos

Bulky Waters is my country singer alias

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Blaze Dragon posted:

I feel the need to point out that neither final evolution came from the same leaker, have no in -game proof of their existence, and may be fake shown now so as to make use of the proper leak to fool people more easily.

I need to remind everyone that leaks are probably not real.

ALso please breathe you require oxygen to live/

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I need to remind everyone that leaks are probably not real.

ALso please breathe you require oxygen to live/

No, the middle evolutions, the elephant, and purple thing are 99% real. They’re way too elaborate to be fake. Everything else is questionable though. The person who leaked the 99% stuff went to sleep so I’ll guess we’ll find out when he wakes up and posts more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
If you're calling fake it's just wishful thinking and you know it, why set yourself up for that disappointment when you can just feel it now and get it out of the way?