Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://twitter.com/babynekoyui/status/1189728422525853696?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Who is this person and why should we care?

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Anime fans should all be destroyed IMO

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Well you see Vic Mignogna is a known sex pest and I thought the thread might be interested in another con that was still inviting him

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

And who might you be?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Someone who leaned on Texas A&M to invite public sex pest Vic Mignogna to their anime convention. So gently caress those guys, though a Texas anime con is probably a Lovecraftian horror even before the sex offenders show up.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Did they *actually* invite the guy, or did they just say yes so this person DMing them at 9 pm would go away.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Fangz posted:

Did they *actually* invite the guy, or did they just say yes so this person DMing them at 9 pm would go away.

This is what I wonder, although it'd probably be worth keeping an eye on their guest page.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

What did Bosch do to get lumped with the rest of these idiots?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Yeah they don't have any guests currently listed, just a countdown (it's in 84 days) and information for vendor's wanting to buy a booth.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Skwirl posted:

Yeah they don't have any guests currently listed, just a countdown (it's in 84 days) and information for vendor's wanting to buy a booth.

They have guests on Facebook, but it's pretty clear they haven't even talked to Vic, yet. Whoever is responding to their twitter DMs is an idiot who should be fired just based on how they handled that conversation, Vic notwithstanding. (Their twitter also hasn't been active since last January.)

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Can Of Worms posted:

Be recognizable

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I've been following this stuff for a while and I honestly don't know who 'Hero Hei' is.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Dawgstar posted:

I've been following this stuff for a while and I honestly don't know who 'Hero Hei' is.

Just a rando Youtuber Vic Stan.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

I find it impossible to believe even the most ardent of Vic stans feels anything but contempt or pity for TUG.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Can Of Worms posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HRvXp7GIZE

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
That umbrella guy hasn't been seen in Texas since 1963.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Toshimo posted:

Just a rando Youtuber Vic Stan.

I figured the answer would not delight.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

I don't know, he took that one lady's glasses off before he socked her, seems classy.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
So, uh... I think Vic is in the new Saint Seiya dub on Netflix, as Unicorn Jabu.

Does this dub predate the clusterfuck or did Netflix and/or apparently Sentai do some hosed up poo poo?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Would you like some more 'KiwiFarms is bad at law'? Sure!

https://twitter.com/Tylerjswolff/status/1190588461943681024

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Nov 2, 2019

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

So, uh... I think Vic is in the new Saint Seiya dub on Netflix, as Unicorn Jabu.

Does this dub predate the clusterfuck or did Netflix and/or apparently Sentai do some hosed up poo poo?

Wikipedia posted:

A third English dub, also uncensored, was released on Netflix on October 15, 2019. This dub utilizes the same voice cast as that of Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya. As of October 18, 2019, 41 episodes have been dubbed.

Honestly there could be multiple factors going on here. Netflix might have recorded a bunch of the dub before the controversy came to a head; there might have been contractual obligations to keep Vic and other staff on; Perhaps the people in charge of producing the dub didn't care about the controversy surrounding him/cared about consistency between both the cg series dub and their redub, etc.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
At least he's not voicing one of the cool Saint Seiya characters.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Justin_Brett posted:

At least he's not voicing one of the cool Saint Seiya characters.

Yeah, the Bronze Saints who aren't the main five lose relevance and screentime....pretty quickly, if the new CG one follows the general plot of the original (I have not watched it, and have no plans to, so I can't say for sure).

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

AngryRobotsInc posted:

Yeah, the Bronze Saints who aren't the main five lose relevance and screentime....pretty quickly, if the new CG one follows the general plot of the original (I have not watched it, and have no plans to, so I can't say for sure).

I'm not talking about the CG one, Netflix stealth-dropped the first 41 episodes of the original with seemingly a new dub.

I really only have two beefs with it other than Vic. One, they did some fuckery to make it 16:9, and I can't quite tell if it's cropped or stretched. Two, they put a loving skip intro button on it, as if anyone decent on Earth is ever gonna skip Pegasus Fantasy.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I'm not talking about the CG one, Netflix stealth-dropped the first 41 episodes of the original with seemingly a new dub.

I really only have two beefs with it other than Vic. One, they did some fuckery to make it 16:9, and I can't quite tell if it's cropped or stretched. Two, they put a loving skip intro button on it, as if anyone decent on Earth is ever gonna skip Pegasus Fantasy.

Oh, hur. I misread, sorry.

Still. Jabu disappears preeeeetty quickly, and then barely shows up after that point. It mostly likely is some contract wizardry like Julius said, because with all the attempts to bring the drat series to the US, it's probably a licensing hellhole for the original by this point.

And yeah, they insult me by having a skip button over Pegasus Fantasy.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I mean, as ugly as all the Vic stuff has been I wasn't expecting him to go from "pretty well known getting regular gigs and doing cons" to "zero cons and no more voice acting gigs." This stuff will torpedo a career, but you kind of have to go to jail for it (ala Cosby or R Kelly in the near future) to actually get completely run out of town, so to speak.

I can think of multiple famous people in different parts of entertainment who have been accused of worse behavior than Vic but have managed to keep their career largely intact by not getting involved in a court case (civil or criminal) and not admitting to what they were accused of. Which of course makes Vic's stuff ridiculous because he just took his poo poo and threw it all around into a proper shitstorm.

I certainly don't think that a lack of career consequences after something like sexual misconduct accusations is a good thing, I'm just saying that it's a bit unrealistic to hope that someone famous (even anime voice actor famous) gets completely run out of the entertainment business for their conduct.

Dark477
Oct 15, 2018

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I thing you’re mistaken . He did play Jabu but it seems it was in the 2003 dub.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vic_Mignogna#Filmography

Dark477 fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Nov 3, 2019

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

That twitter account looks like a total work. The name and icon coupled with what to me looks like a poor attempt to emulate “young person on twitter” writing just comes off like another typical chudbro attempting to stir the pot.

edit: their follows are additionally super-suspect and include stuff like “cute” accounts confirmed to be run by alt-right voters, lots of anti-“SJW” remarks, and more than one Attack on Titan banner/icon.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Nov 4, 2019

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

I took a quick look at the twitter and it all reads like "I'm totally a cute latina girl guys uwu *wink wink* !! "

:lol: You can totally notice is some neckbeard behind the keyboard.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Desperado Bones posted:

I took a quick look at the twitter and it all reads like "I'm totally a cute latina girl guys uwu *wink wink* !! "

:lol: You can totally notice is some neckbeard behind the keyboard.

You get that a lot. I remember when GamerGate started suddenly there were a bunch of Twitter accounts that suddenly appeared to say there were trans lesbians of color and totally cool with GG.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

https://twitter.com/questauthority/status/1191481132967243776?s=21

https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1191484730530766848?s=21

Ignis fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Nov 4, 2019

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

And thats just Funimation, isn't it? :v:

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Oh man, this is gonna be sweet.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Galaga Galaxian posted:

And thats just Funimation, isn't it? :v:
yup: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nm2w5iecv...ctions.pdf?dl=0
code:
Attorney’s Fees Already Incurred			$168,941
Conditional Attorney’s Fees for Appeal			$50,000
Conditional Attorney’s Fees for Petition for Review	$25,000
Conditional Attorney’s Fees if Petition Granted		$25,000
other charges:
code:
In-house Copy Charges				$1456.60
Third Party Copy Charges			$153.33
Deposition Transcripts				$3,073.48
Parking Charges (Hearings & Depositions)	$48
Mediator’s Fees					$2,250
TCPA Hearing Transcripts			$350
TOTAL						$7,504
and they're requesting a minimum of $25k in sanctions

this'll obviously be trimmed down, but that's a start

Wiggly Wayne DDS fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Nov 4, 2019

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Vic money wise likely can just run to mother but gently caress is it satisfying to see him slapped down hard like this.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

:yeshaha:

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Wonder if seeing the total $750-$800k will get Vig to call off the appeal(I doubt it)

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

How much did he fundraise for his warchest again? Honestly he could probably plee for money to pay the fees and get a good chunk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

quote:

Beard’s and Rekieta’s statements show that this lawsuit and any others that Mignogna may file with his GoFundMe money have nothing to do with the legal merits of the claims but are instead part of an ill-advised public relations campaign designed to arouse Mignogna’s adolescent supporters.

man and I thought Lemoine was spicy