Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I'm good, thank you for the offer though :)

The details are complicated, but the tl;dr is that while I'm not directly dependant on him I work with him in a family business he started and owns. So if I break with him completely, I'll have to find another job. I can do that and I will if it comes to that, only I obviously prefer not to have to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Multiple coworkers went on extended leave at the same time, and there werent enough casuals to fill every shift, so I'm doing 2/3 of the day shifts worth of work in the span of a single shift, except for one hour where I'm all three shifts. Also the first of the hell shifts started at 7:30 AM the day after I worked until midnight. I'm so exhausted that drinking an energy drink revives my body but my brain is still all bad so it's like dealing with network lag.

A part time position was supposed to go up last month (I'm a casual, so no benefits or sick time) but the finance department keeps ignoring it and wont sign off. I'm getting worried that itll get signed off on soon and the interviewing process will line up with me being out of the country in November. At the very least my boss is desperate to get me a more permanent position since he knows I'm the kind of reliable guy who will take these hell shifts

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I discovered one of my coworkers is a goddamn animal that puts spent chewing gum on the underside of the work chair. I discovered this by reaching under it to adjust the height. It was still wet.

C'mon, man, we've not even had this nice new non-busted chair for two weeks yet.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I discovered one of my coworkers is a goddamn animal that puts spent chewing gum on the underside of the work chair. I discovered this by reaching under it to adjust the height. It was still wet.

C'mon, man, we've not even had this nice new non-busted chair for two weeks yet.
hey, fellow disgusting trash coworker friend! today I got in an altercation with a shithead coworker who sucks on these weird little nut(?) things that look like tiny limes when they've got the skins on them, I guess you're not supposed to chew and swallow them, just suck on them and spit them out? they're the size of a marble or so. anyways, his job is to travel around the building bringing bulk to each corresponding area. while doing this, he sucks on hundreds of these loving things and spits them out everywhere, including on the carts of bulk themselves. well, while unloading one of said carts, I reached around a package to pick it up and was greeted with a slimy, wet sensation as I grabbed one of these things he had spit onto the cart on the other side of the box I was grabbing and was still covered in his spit.

went to find out who was doing this(didn't know yet) and someone in the bulk area pointed directly at him. I asked him if this thing had been in his mouth, and he got right up in my face with a scowl IMMEDIATELY, saying "so what?". it escalated pretty quickly with quite a lot of swearing, but I was basically just saying "this is loving DISGUSTING, clean up your goddamn mess" and he just told me to gently caress off and turned to walk away before I could even finish saying that. I tapped him on the shoulder and said "we're not done yet", and I swear, it was like I shot him. He SHRIEKED "DON'T TOUCH ME! DON'T YOU loving TOUCH ME!!!" and held his shoulder as if I'd stabbed him. He said "I spit them all onto my own cart engine, nowhere else!" and pointed to his engine, which was covered in hundreds of the loving things, a mountain of them. Other people have to use those carts too, on other shifts, and according to other coworkers, he doesn't clean them up, of course. Basically, I find one more of these loving things on any carts and this is going straight to the building manager or safety. gently caress off with that, it's like someone chewing tobacco and spitting it wherever they please. I'd seen them every day but never knew who was doing it and managed not to actually touch any until now, thought they were like, some kind of nuts or something. Turns out this is a pretty routine problem with this guy, and gently caress him, he's got a piss easy job, is a massive shithead, and does this disgusting poo poo too? nope, not doing this poo poo.

edit: also he apparently used to do the same poo poo with sunflower seeds, but those are a lot easier to ignore than little marble-sized nut things.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
I was at a Freemasons thing tonight and while I was there some loving dickhead broke my car window and stole my work computer.

I'm not too worried about it, company property is insured and so is my car, but it was a disappointing end to an otherwise great day.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I originally thought I would be off this weekend. Instead I worked yesterday and am currently finishing my second hour of an 18 hour shift. It’s not hard work, it’s really just sitting in an office unless poo poo hits the fan (or, in one case, the fan hits poo poo) but it’s so soul-crushingly boring. I’m probably going to be losing it by like three in the afternoon today. At least when the day crew leaves I have the trailer to myself and can dick around on my switch and listen to weird podcasts.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
My phone at work has been constant calls from assholes screaming at me. I may be developing an ulcer. It is crunch time and I am working 13 hour days 7 days a week.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I suppose I could try calling you less

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

My leg won't work properly. I can barely walk and in so much pain. I have an appointment on Friday to try and maybe start dealing with this poo poo. I've also realize that even though I've dealt with the Lyme, the high of that has worn off and now I'm faced with the reality that my body is still junk and always will be junk and I can't cure it and I'm just getting really depressed over that.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

bunnyofdoom posted:

My phone at work has been constant calls from assholes screaming at me. I may be developing an ulcer. It is crunch time and I am working 13 hour days 7 days a week.

Reroute the callers to the switchboard of a 900 S&M line, they won't know the difference because those kind of people never listen to employees anyways and you'll make bank. Just make sure the perverts calling to get berated know a good customer service role-play script.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Decided to have some lovely mcdonalds breakfast delivered to me after getting off of overnight shift at work, because I'm tired and I hate myself.

I got two english mcmuffin without english muffins, because I unselected the "English Muffin Only" option. Which you'd think would say "yes, I would like an muffin on my mcmuffin", but evidently not. Of course, if I kept it selected, it would have been "No english muffins only", which isn't super clear either.

I should've just used Doordash instead of using an Ubereats promo.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
i suck and am not good at maintaining friendships or talking to people

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
My grandfather died last night and I have gastro too

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
I just wasted a day off and will waste a lunch break tomorrow because of loving FedEx.

Friday I ordered a phone. Selected standard shipping, says it'd be here by Tuesday. I work that day, whatever. The next day it is updated to a Monday delivery. I figure ok cool, I'm off so that'd work perfectly. No updates from the previous day at all. Package is sitting in Columbus, like 30mi away from me. I request a hold at a location because I had dinner plans, I finish those up, still nothing. I call to see what's going on, I'm told my original date was Tuesday, the driver though he could make it Monday but now the original date is the updated delivery date. So I seriously just spent an entire day off waiting for a package that was never going to come and is literally half an hour away. Extremely unhappy here.

And of course, since I work the next three days, I'll likely miss those attempts so I kept the hold location, when I'll probably have to pick up on my lunch break at work since I'm off right after they close.

And of course I knew none of this prior because their status tracking is a loving joke:

It said expected delivery was today literally all day. Only an hour ago did it finally change to pending. Come on, it's one thing to say "oh actually it will be Tuesday" but another to just straight up keep insisting it'll be Monday all the way until the end of the day and be told "yeah it was never coming today sorry"

Like gently caress right off

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I went to part time work and just found out that I apparently have no benefits now. I’m still doing the exact same job but apparently for insurance purposes I get zero benefits for six months now because I’m brand new somehow. That doesn’t make sense and I’m pissed as hell because I have dental work now and it’s probably gonna cost me an arm and a leg.

Screw retail companies hard. I hope all CEO’s die in a fire.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
"Hi, my name is (me)! How are you doing?"

"Oh, so you're the trans girl I was told about! Nice to meet you!"

Nice. Apparently I now have people outing me behind my back in what I thought was a safe space. Just a peach.

Is it too much to want to give a first impression that isn't "the trans girl"? Yes, apparently.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
My sisters boyfriend is a goddamn train wreck, and I don't mean this is the sense of "Oldest brother never likes whoever the younger siblings are dating". The man is diabetic as poo poo and seemingly refuses to keep track of his drat blood sugar! The paramedics recognized him by the back of his loving head and were on a first goddamn name basis with him! That is not a good thing, for fucks sake!

And just last night right after I got to work the bastard had another diabetic episode while driving, passed out and totaled his car. Someday this fuckfurter is going to not get lucky, and he won't walk away from it. The only question is whether he's going to take someone with him if it happens in the car, and that makes me even goddamn angrier!

And she's loving stuck with him because the rear end in a top hat knocked her up! Initially I believed her that it wasn't intentional, they used condoms and all that poo poo, but I'm starting to believe that if this motherfucker can be this severely diabetic this long and still refuses to take it seriously there's no loving way he'd take safe sex seriously.

God loving drat, I wish I were a drinker.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 14:11 on Oct 27, 2019

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
A minor one but because I was away for a few days I turned the heating off in my apartment to save energy. I came back last night and turned it back on but it's taking it's time to radiate so a lot of the apartment is still pretty chilly.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
sleeping yesterday was like one of those loving looney tunes episodes where someone is trying to sleep but every conceivable thing on earth arises to put a stop to any attempt at rest you try to make

forgot to take my hamster's wheel out so they ran on it so hard they knocked it over and then banged it against the glass over and over in protest until I woke up and took it out of their cage

then they stood on top of their house and chewed on the roof of the cage, teeth + metal makes a really awful noise, so I took away their house

lacking any large object to bang against things or climb on to make horrible noises with, they then went into their food stash and apparently found the biggest, hardest food pellet they could and banged it against the glass a bunch

then I got a loving robocall that got me right before I fell back asleep, and then noticed the food pellet banging

after settling down and putting the little poo poo out in the hallway far enough that I couldn't hear it banging anymore, I began going back to sleep again

and then, THE WOODPECKER COMETH

coming to search for carpenter bee grubs, a woodpecker decided the frame of my bedroom window was prime hunting ground, so I grabbed an old orange from the fridge and hucked it at it from the adjacent window, it flew away and chirped angrily at me from a nearby tree, luckily it did not return to peck at the window but by this point I'd been woken up long enough that it took like an hour to get back to sleep and so I got about ~4 disjointed hours of sleep

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Broke and all my remaining food got spoiled when the power was cut due to roadworks. My next pay is all earmarked for rent so i guess i’ll be on a water diet for the next three weeks.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Biplane posted:

Broke and all my remaining food got spoiled when the power was cut due to roadworks. My next pay is all earmarked for rent so i guess i’ll be on a water diet for the next three weeks.

Ramen my man! for less than 5$ you can feed yourself a bowl of noodles a day for a month!

I mean, its terrible for you but you'll die of starvation before nutrient deficiency so take what you can, ya dig?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

oh yeah I'm a huge fan of ramen. Spice that bastard up a little, maybe you'll find some extremely cheap cuts of meat or some sausage or whatever, you basically have a normal meal if you squint a little bit.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Not sure where you live but if you happen to live in a place with a Market Basket, they often have huge bags of veggies on the reduced produce rack for like a buck. Couple pounds of potatoes and bell peppers for 3 dollars should last you a decent amount of time and not be health-crippling like ramen

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Captain Invictus posted:

Not sure where you live but if you happen to live in a place with a Market Basket, they often have huge bags of veggies on the reduced produce rack for like a buck. Couple pounds of potatoes and bell peppers for 3 dollars should last you a decent amount of time and not be health-crippling like ramen

Healthier sure, but not enough calories/$. I think in this circumstance functionality takes precedence over health. Preferably its only for the short term (though the brutal truth is subsistence living via Ramen is frighteningly common).

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh I know, I used to do a ramen/stir fried veggies mix all the time because it cost nothing, tasted ok and was filling, when I was making a pittance at my job.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
Even cheaper than ramen is bulk elbow/whatever-shape noodles, and usually a LOT healthier. Boil up, dump in a bowl and add some butter and seasonings. Or dump on some $1 bottle Italian dressing and some chopped up scrounged veggies for pasta "salad"; keeps pretty good too so you can make a weeks worth at a time.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I used to buy several cans of $1 chili and just dump half a can of that gross chili on top of ramen noodles. Living on one bowl of that at the very end of the day was basically how I got through my early 20's the two weeks after rent was due. But then again I also opened and ate a can of Chef Boyardee ravioli with a pair of scissors and ate it in a dark apartment, so the quality of life wasn't all that good back then.

Solice Kirsk has a new favorite as of 16:26 on Oct 31, 2019

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.
Rice, potatos, bananas and whatever produce was turning brown at the farmer market (so i could get a bargain) was my 20s. It wasn't that bad. Oh and bulk oats for making pancakes and oatmeal.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
I came within a hairs breadth of losing my job thanks to some stupid bullshit.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Work was miserable, lukewarm temperature mixed with high winds and absolute moisture on everything so every surface was covered in a sheen of dampness, plus it was just a lovely night with way too much work for way too few people which is becoming a daily routine now

And right at the start of it I get a notification that a shithead customer on ebay has filed a paypal claim without a word despite repeated attempts to contact them to resolve an issue they had over a month ago, without any answer since until this claim showed up, I repeated in said claim that I had tried to contact them before and would still like to fix the issue and their response again without a word was to escalate the claim. What a fucker

And then after finally being done with work I get home, do my normal routine, shower etc, settle in to chill out a bit after work, and the power cuts out almost comically right as I sit down to relax and hasn't come back on. My dog is crying now because she's afraid of the dark. I put an LED lantern up to light up her area so it's not pitch black anymore but I guess it's not doing the trick for her. Also I can't make anything to eat right now except, well, cup ramen. Good thing I got the good nummy kimchi type, I guess

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

Solice Kirsk posted:

I used to buy several cans of $1 chili and just dump half a can of that gross chili on top of ramen noodles. Living on one bowl of that at the very end of the day was basically how I got through my early 20's the two weeks after rent was due. But then again I also opened and ate a can of Chef Boyardee ravioli with a pair of scissors and ate it in a dark apartment, so the quality of life wasn't all that good back then.

Back when I regularly found myself broke I'd get a $1 packet of pasta, a $2 tin of Campbell's spaghetti sauce, maybe some thyme, oregano and basil if I'm feeling fancy and have the cash to spare, cook the pasta, heat up the sauce, mix it in, and I'd be good for about a week.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Biplane posted:

If there are food banks in your area, this is the sort of thing they're absolutely there for. If you're really lucky, it'll be one with access to fridges and freezers, so they can hand out meat and dairy as well. But even if not, it'll be a good way to shore up your supplies of boxed and canned goods, and potentially some produce and breads depending on the food bank.

For days when you're not working, or the hours are convenient, any soup kitchens in your area can be a good way to get a hot meal for free.

Assuming you're in the US or Canada (I think they have it), you can call 211 to help find any resources available in your area. What is available is very dependent on your area, but when these things are available, they're there to be used.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Was actually last night, but ended things with my ladyfriend. It's only been about 6 months, but we were friends before and she didn't take it at all well. I already know this is going to be a thing in one of my friend groups because she's a super big drama queen (which is part of why I ended it).

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yuuuuup, paypal's gonna gently caress me on this. The piece of poo poo buyer is going to sit on his hands and get rewarded for it rather than respond to my messages so the situation can be fixed, despite actively reading the messages I have sent trying to resolve things, and paypal customer service just straight up told me to get hosed in slightly more words. Very cool, though not surprising considering it's paypal. It's only fifty bucks, but that still hurts and also it's the principle of him actively doing nothing on purpose so he can get a full refund for zero effort rather than exert himself at all. If something had happened to him and he never saw the messages, sure, whatever, but he was notified of and actively read them according to paypal and disregarded them entirely. And they still side with him. So stupid.

Captain Invictus has a new favorite as of 14:53 on Nov 1, 2019

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Aaaand one of the bankers I work with apparently violated a bunch of privacy controls so we failed our compliance and security audit so my entire area is losing a huge chunk of our year end bonus (if we get one at all now). At least I'm on vacation starting at 5pm... I'm gonna need it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Aaaaaand and another banker just had a seizure in my office while we were talking and then she passed out and fell on the floor before I could get up and catch her. So I got to call 9-1-1 at work and none of us here know if she's OK because no one that followed to the hospital have been answering and I wanna leave to go wait for her but can't because I have a meeting at 4pm I can't miss.

I'm....I'm having just the worst loving day.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
I mean, the seizure lady might be beating you on that...

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
about 65% of my company voted to reduce pay for the bottom 50% of performers to give massive bonuses to the top 10% and now I'm bummed because that's how the world works in general

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

InsertPotPun posted:

I mean, the seizure lady might be beating you on that...

Yeah she had a worse day. She's OK though. Her fiance came in to pick up her purse and coat and told me that she apparently hasn't been taking her medicine in weeks and she was hiding it from him and he was super shaken up and confused about the whole thing. I hope they're both doing better now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

about 65% of my company voted to reduce pay for the bottom 50% of performers to give massive bonuses to the top 10% and now I'm bummed because that's how the world works in general

drat that’s stupid :capitalism: