Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Doc Hawkins posted:

i dunno this game seems to have some good features

https://twitter.com/SlimThiccNik/status/1186773489451180032

Monster Factory pls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

we’ve never needed those boys as much as we need them now

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Finally all that preparation starting from all the way back in RE4 is coming to a head.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
They've done WWE before and it's always been a loving riot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5PlKZRQVgQ

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Bugsy posted:

Holy poo poo that funny as gently caress.

From the replies:
https://twitter.com/BackupVa/status/1186820856493805569

I've heard of a rubber guard but this is ridiculous.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

How did 2k14 The Rock look like The Rock even when he also looked like a pregnant foot crush fetish spider monster? What did we lose between then and now?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

RandomFerret posted:

How did 2k14 The Rock look like The Rock even when he also looked like a pregnant foot crush fetish spider monster? What did we lose between then and now?

Yuke's. We thought they were a detriment but it looks like they were the ones holding this shitshow together.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If anyone was wondering if WWE 2k20 is fixed yet, yeah no they put out a $15 DLC first

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5ek8fZh3ak

EDIT: Most of the glitches are in the first 3 minutes

RatHat has a new favorite as of 18:14 on Oct 30, 2019

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQJ6lPMwXdM&t=249s

WWE 2k20 is still very bad

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

lmao not a glitch but the way this is framed is cracking me up real good.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Don't suplex me or my sons ever again

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

spongeh posted:

lmao not a glitch but the way this is framed is cracking me up real good.

edit: nL uploaded the highlights for the first post-patch stream and it's certainly something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtaNUho5Z-0

Testekill has a new favorite as of 05:33 on Nov 2, 2019

End of Shoelace
Apr 5, 2016
I think new WWE games are designed with the purpose of making every season of VGCW funnier

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
That actually looks strangely cool and choreographed, like a barbershop quartet.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Monster factory better hurry up, these dudes are eating their lunch.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

End of Shoelace posted:

I think new WWE games are designed with the purpose of making every season of VGCW funnier

Ironically, they removed the story creator in the 2k15 release and therefore killed any potential for VGCW to move to newer games.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
https://twitter.com/NikoExxtra/status/1195081517615255552

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
Several objects just popping back into existence at the end :h:

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Is it just me or was there actually 2 tables

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Doing the Telekinetic Takedown can sometimes result in spontaneous duplication. It'll evaporate back into the ether soon enough.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I love around 22 seconds where you see the gold wrestler scratch her head like "huh, how'd that happen"

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

That's just what out of body experiences are like. Next time you find yourself staring into space or scratching your head, its because your ghost had to step out to deliver a concussion and smash some furniture.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Copied from the Steam thread. Actually badly thought virtual economy rather than a proper glitch, but fits here nicely:

Galaga Galaxian posted:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/11/18/planet-zoo-is-temporarily-a-game-about-mass-producing-knackered-warthogs/

quote:

any attempt to simulate an economy risks also simulating economics, which is what we call it when millions of individual, rational decisions act together to create utter madness on a grand scale. Now, unfortunately, economics has happened to Planet Zoo.
[...]
those who had got in early on endangered, prestige or hard-to-breed animals are now hoarding them, only selling them for wild sums. Prices have soared, making gorillas, tigers and the rest completely inaccessible to new players, while Pandas have become virtually mythical: beasts that might as well be made from pure diamond.
[...]
Oh, and to make matters even more splendid, the animals people are selling on are the ones with genetic mutations that make them undesirable for further breeding – they might be highly susceptible to disease, tiny, incredibly short-lived, or even completely infertile. These sell for the lowest prices as well, naturally. Starting off as a new player, then, with your tiny pool of CC, you’re going to be spending a lot of time scrolling through pages and pages of dying mutants, desperately seeking something that won’t horrify your guests, and might have a chance of breeding.
Video games once again helping prove that Capitalism is horrible.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

If EVE online breeds psychopathic space pirates, it only makes sense that a strategy game where you can't just kill people would breed rear end in a top hat robber barons instead.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Every game with weapons breeds psychopaths. EVE was reasonably unique in that it also bred sociopaths who instead of killing you and taking your stuff would befriend you to empty your bank account, which in the circumstances is actually kinda scarier.

Regular games have about as much in common with actual combat as playing with GI Joes, while the EVE shenanigans were more like playing Transformers in order to go hang out in another kid's bedroom and steal their GI Joes.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Elfface posted:

Every game with weapons breeds psychopaths. EVE was reasonably unique in that it also bred sociopaths who instead of killing you and taking your stuff would befriend you to empty your bank account, which in the circumstances is actually kinda scarier.

Regular games have about as much in common with actual combat as playing with GI Joes, while the EVE shenanigans were more like playing Transformers in order to go hang out in another kid's bedroom and steal their GI Joes.

This is why Diplomacy is so famous for ruining friendships. The armies might be fake but the betrayal was real.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Being able to softlock somebody out of a video game sounds hilarious, actually.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

"My wrestler name is a killing word!"

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/GreatLange/status/1199201181127495681

:eyepop:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

I also disapprove of gender reveal parties.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Sonk 3 was the weirdest knockoff game.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

:lol:

Was some secret cache of sonic prototypes unearthed recently? I keep seeing stuff on twitter (tcrf maybe?) about streaming this stuff on twitch but i've been traveling and unable to watch

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

In Soviet Russia...

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

I've always been a bit confrontational
I want to see the prototype of Sonic 06. That vinesauce guy wouldn't even have to gently caress with the code to break it in half

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

mmj posted:

I want to see the prototype of Sonic 06. That vinesauce guy wouldn't even have to gently caress with the code to break it in half

It turns out Sonic 06's prototype actually works better than the released game.

You think I'm making a joke but it's true. The earliest playable version of the game shown at conferences was done by a specific team whose whole job was making that slice of the game look and play well, but none of their work was folded into the game itself. I don't think we have that build, but we do have footage of it.

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

I've always been a bit confrontational

Cleretic posted:

You think I'm making a joke but it's true. The earliest playable version of the game shown at conferences was done by a specific team whose whole job was making that slice of the game look and play well, but none of their work was folded into the game itself. I don't think we have that build, but we do have footage of it.

That actually makes a lot of sense. Do you remember what zone they were showing off? I watched the Retsupurae LP of that game and it was so dire. It makes for some great speed runs though

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Cleretic posted:

It wouldn't surprise me if that vertical slice would have collapsed entirely as soon as anyone tried to extend it past the little bit that it was made to show off. Vertical slices are meant to nail down how the game is supposed to play -- get the feel right, show the kinds of challenges that they want to base the design on, that kind of thing. It serves as a guide to further development, but it's merely a pleasant bonus if any of the stuff used to make the vertical slice can be re-used. They're knocked together as quickly as possible with any and all development shortcuts permitted, because you want to know ASAP if your genius game idea is actually any fun to play.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

stuffed crust punk posted:

:lol:

Was some secret cache of sonic prototypes unearthed recently? I keep seeing stuff on twitter (tcrf maybe?) about streaming this stuff on twitch but i've been traveling and unable to watch

The videos a gag but yes some prototypes were found of sonic 2, 3, cd and sonic chaos

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

mmj posted:

That actually makes a lot of sense. Do you remember what zone they were showing off? I watched the Retsupurae LP of that game and it was so dire. It makes for some great speed runs though

It was Kingdom Valley, that grassy ruins stage. That was also I think the only zone they were ever showing off before release, which says a lot about how well they regarded the rest of that game even when it was being made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cleretic posted:

It was Kingdom Valley, that grassy ruins stage. That was also I think the only zone they were ever showing off before release, which says a lot about how well they regarded the rest of that game even when it was being made.

That was actually what the demo ended up being and it too played significantly better than the final release.