Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome
YOSFS stores all files in a relational database using the same schema as vBulletin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

file renaming is through a name change panel and metadata is through a custom title panel

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

renaming a file costs ten bucks

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

skifree but you’re the yeti

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Bulgakov posted:

skifree but you’re the yeti

https://biggreenpillow.itch.io/mr-yetis-fast-food

Menacer
Nov 25, 2000
Failed Sega Accessory Ahoy!

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

YOSOS does not support more than two channels of audio output, because people only have two ears.
YOSOS detects when you plug in any USB device and pops up a window with a happy fish telling you "USB sucks, don't use it."

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Menacer posted:

YOSOS detects when you plug in any USB device and pops up a window with a happy fish telling you "USB sucks, don't use it."

drat takin me back

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

rotor posted:

YOSFS stores all files in a relational database using the same schema as vBulletin

im unironically bummed out WinFS and its sql query lang never came to fruition

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

power botton posted:

im unironically bummed out WinFS and its sql query lang never came to fruition

epic samesies

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

that's why i've specified it for YOSOS, in my capacity of YOSOS Lead Product Manager

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

rotor posted:

that's why i've specified it for YOSOS, in my capacity of YOSOS Lead Product Manager

How much lead is contained in YOSOS?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Raluek posted:

How much lead is contained in YOSOS?

is that lead as in rhymes with read or the other way?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

rotor posted:

is that lead as in rhymes with read or the other way?

No, it rhymes with read.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

ok so probably as much as you want then.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
its actually hackintosh

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
it will still, inexplicably, have a Windows™ key.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Sniep posted:

it will still, inexplicably, have a Windows™ key.

Not just the post, haphazardly removed with plyers??

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
you have to fly around in virtual reality to open the most secret files

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Menacer posted:

it also detects when you try to plug a usb in but get it the wrong way up, and mocks you

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Soricidus posted:

it also detects when you try to plug a usb in but get it the wrong way up, and mocks you

Lime
Jul 20, 2004

Sham bam bamina! posted:

you have to fly around in virtual reality to open the most secret files

VR is rendered in magic eye autostereograms but always the wrong way from the one you're good at

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Soricidus posted:

Plug things in much, loser?

[OK]

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
localization is extensive but entirely English, it just changes which pithy idioms are used, for example en_CA produces

plug things in much, hoser?

[OK]

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

there’s also time-based localization. if you set the clock to the late 90s, it’s

plug things in much, poser?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
aaah yes the year prefix is stuck to 19

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

19119: the year of yosos on the desktop

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Sweevo posted:

19119: the year of yosos on the desktop

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard
YOSOS will not boot without a connected joystick. the joystick is integral to the user interface (navigating the 3d VR filebrowser)

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
yosos uses dice inside a tumbler with webcam attached to generate random numbers

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

/dev/random returns the next 32 bits from that xkcd "return 4; //generated by the roll of a fair die" jpeg

Lime
Jul 20, 2004

/dev/random doesn't return numbers, only unicode hexagrams from the I Ching

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
the YOSOS implementation of PostScript is very buggy and is likely to cause artifacting in print jobs, or even cause the printer to crash altogether. the YOSOS documentation recommends sticking with teletype printers only, but this functionality is not yet implemented due to a bitter feud between several YOSOS developers that shows no sign of being resolved in the foreseeable future

one time a hobbyist beta-tester submitted proposed code for implementing teletype support; the YOSOS developers were so incensed that the next revision of YOSOS included language in the license agreement specifically forbidding that person from using YOSOS or YOSOS-derivative code ever again

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

due to a bitter feud between several YOSOS developers that shows no sign of being resolved in the foreseeable future

uttering the phrase "don't print my wife ever again" will cause some YOSOS developers to instantly attempt to flip the nearest table or desk in a blind rage

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

the YOSOS printer standard includes gps and accelerometer data logging so you can see how many calories you burned carrying it a mile down the road

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
if you try to print a letter, the printer detects phrases like “yours sincerely” and rejects the document with the message “don’t sign your postscripts!!!”

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

the YOSOS implementation of PostScript is very buggy and is likely to cause artifacting in print jobs, or even cause the printer to crash altogether. the YOSOS documentation recommends sticking with teletype printers only, but this functionality is not yet implemented due to a bitter feud between several YOSOS developers that shows no sign of being resolved in the foreseeable future

one time a hobbyist beta-tester submitted proposed code for implementing teletype support; the YOSOS developers were so incensed that the next revision of YOSOS included language in the license agreement specifically forbidding that person from using YOSOS or YOSOS-derivative code ever again

I assume this is a mild reworking of a real story

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

YOSOS provides RPC to system services, but the only protocol supported does all calls and serialization over e-mail to a local daemon that redistributes file handles to other programs. Attachments are supported.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Soricidus posted:

if you try to print a letter, the printer detects phrases like “yours sincerely” and rejects the document with the message “don’t sign your postscripts!!!”

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

the solution is a 1-line fix, but it was rejected because it broke compatibility with a 1970s soviet line printer than only six people ever actually used (all of whom are now dead)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

the source code for the OS is enforcing an append-only policy