Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Ms Adequate posted:

Your avatar pleases me immensely :allears:

Sometimes I go to YGO events because I'm a trash nerd and take my Skull Servant deck. It works sometimes! (It doesn't)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Ms Adequate posted:

You’re in an ocean swimming along in the piss when all of the sudden you look down, and you see a student, floating toward you. You reach down, you tax the student 5p for a plastic bag and then implement a massive rise in tuition fees. The student floats on their back, their belly baking in the hot sun, taking an unpaid internship to try and get experience so they can start paying off their tuition debts, but they can’t, not without your help. But you’re not helping. Why is that?
:swoon: I cannot allow this good post to be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Also I got carried away listening to music on me big headphones and did an insomnia. I did however discover the only good thing to come out of the DCCU, which is Hans Zimmer's Score for the Nolan Batman films, in particular 'Why Do We Fall' from Dark Knight Rises, because it makes me feel sad, and then by the end like I want to do all of the pushups and go for a run (just probably not at 3am).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO8NVkcl2NI

EVERY NIGHT AT 3 AM I OPEN PALM SLAM YOUTUBE INTO MY HEADPHONES. ITS THE BATMAN SOUNDTRACK etc

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Ms Adequate posted:

Also if you lurk you HAVE to post now, I'm saying it and I'm trans so if you don't do it, it's transphobia.

I'm pretty sure this thread has most posters than the LGB Alliance has actual human members so this rule checks out.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

So like are you guys all eating canned baby yet or have your politicians done the relatively minor but weirdly unpopular work of avoiding a pointless self inflicted disaster?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Quoted in three consecutive posts, I must be on fire tonight :eyepop:

Arglebargle III posted:

So like are you guys all eating canned baby yet or have your politicians done the relatively minor but weirdly unpopular work of avoiding a pointless self inflicted disaster?

Yeah we've delayed it to Jan 31st, and now we're doing a General Election, the outcome of which could radically change what's going on.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Ms Adequate posted:

Quoted in three consecutive posts, I must be on fire tonight :eyepop:

Yeah we've delayed it to Jan 31st, and now we're doing a General Election, the outcome of which could radically change what's going on.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

I think my favorite part of the Praxcast is how absolutely unable to handle the bullshit Alasdair is at every single Comment or Commentariat

MODS???

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

(My favorite part is Rarity but that's because I have a crush on every trans girl)

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

Ratjaculation posted:

everyone everywhere thanks the bus driver, in scotland you go that extra mile and give him a handy too which is why buses are always late.

And why the bus accidentally goes that extra mile.

Angepain posted:

torn by the new edinburgh buses with the separate doors for leaving, slightly more efficient but also makes it difficult to thank the driver without shouting across the length of the bus, and it just doesn't do to make a scene now does it, what would society think

I moved from London to Edinburgh 4 years ago, so I kept accidentally trying to leave buses through a nonexistent second doorway. Then when I'd got used to that the new buses with their second doorways confused me :D

Also at first the whole thanking the bus driver thing was a surprise to me. I was used to the social mores of London i.e. be a harrumphing oval office ;)

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Ms Adequate posted:

Also if you lurk you HAVE to post now, I'm saying it and I'm trans so if you don't do it, it's transphobia.

I've lurked UKMT for nigh on six or seven years, but I emigrated in 2017 so I've felt sort of cut off from British politics, which is awful because a Corbyn Labour party is the only time I've really felt I've had somebody representing me.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am really happy that Pissflexit is bringing out the lurkers who are posting! It is always great to have more chatting friends! :)

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Tesseraction posted:

Post more you seem on the level as h*ck

Angepain posted:

looks like a post about uk politics in the uk politics thread to me, go right on ahead. :justpost:

pablo gbscobar posted:

Post more! It's not like the thread regulars don't post a ton of white noise poo poo too. I'm also a longtime lurker of the thread who recently decided to actually start posting in it and guess what? It's easy as gently caress.

This place has really evolved into a special little community over the years, and it's a real pleasure to be a small part of it.

Tesseraction posted:

Good on you!

All lurkers are welcome.

Except the one at referendum.

Tesseraction posted:

Welcome! Post more!

Please, all lurkers, we're only lovely to each other because we know and love each other. Join the love!

This is all just further evidence of how cliquey and exclusionary the UKMT is. Question the hive mind and you're out on your ear, with no chance to defend yourself other than the ability to continue posting in the thread! Just because I'm a oval office does not mean that :words: :shrek: :gizz:

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
welcome, lurkers! please snuggle yourselves into thread much like this fairy wren

don't worry about white noise. here is a very small and round birb (long-tailed tit) for you to look after, to take your mind off it. some call this birb the "flying lollipop". they are wrong. do not pay attention to them.

CGI Stardust fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Nov 2, 2019

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Hungry posted:

I've lurked UKMT for nigh on six or seven years, but I emigrated in 2017 so I've felt sort of cut off from British politics, which is awful because a Corbyn Labour party is the only time I've really felt I've had somebody representing me.

Become your adoptive country's Corbyn!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I'm glad the podcast went less than 2 minutes before getting the general erection joke out.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Also welcome lurkers! :wave: I was one myself for a long time, but now that I've started shitposting I can't go back! :v:

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

CGI Stardust posted:

welcome, lurkers! please snuggle yourselves into thread much like this fairy wren

don't worry about white noise. here is a very small and round birb (long-tailed tit) for you to look after, to take your mind off it. some call this birb the "flying lollipop". they are wrong. do not pay attention to them.

A long-tailed tit is what you get when you wear a nipple tassel.

Also WHO'S A FLUFFY LITTLE BIRDY FACE? :3:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/billions-worth-sterling-bets-expire-131705437.html

quote:

Traders preparing for a Halloween shock in currency markets after the last Brexit deadline placed bets worth billions of pounds in options, most of which expired worthless on Friday.

Sterling is holding its ground above $1.29 after the European Union gave the U.K. another three-month extension to the previous Oct. 31 exit date. That left many options maturing Friday out of the money, including a notional value of over 10 billion pounds ($13 billion) that the currency would slump below $1.28 or climb above $1.30.

:getin:

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Government has 'banned' fracking, not completely but it's on the naughty step.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Ms Adequate posted:

I think my favorite part of the Praxcast is how absolutely unable to handle the bullshit Alasdair is at every single Comment or Commentariat

MODS???

The media is a prison from which I am yearning to escape.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ms Adequate posted:

All the lurkers in this thread should :justpost: imo

e:

njsykora posted:

I'm glad the podcast went less than 2 minutes before getting the general erection joke out.

I'm happy to provide this valuable service :patriot:

e2:

Ms Adequate posted:

(My favorite part is Rarity but that's because I have a crush on every trans girl)

:blush:

Rarity fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Nov 2, 2019

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Sanitary Naptime posted:

Podcasting is Praxis Episode 11 - Swindling Here! is now available for consumption.

I hope you all enjoy it!

Shameless Saturday morning plug :dance:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If politics voyeurism is your fetish I'm quite content to oblige but otherwise please come scream into the void with the rest of us.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
What do you do if when you scream you create the void.

Asking for....a friend.

funakupo
May 9, 2006

the ultimate longterm partner
Oven Wrangler
Alright, since I don't want to carry the phobic label, I too will post. I follow this thread for news and analysis as I lived in Ireland back in the day and really don't want it to be shat on as a Brexit byproduct. I am a Belgian living in Flanders, but soon will be off to Norway. I am just making full use of freedom of movement, you see.

The podcast is excellent. I have shared it with a fair bit of colleagues. I think 1/3 of EFTA here in Brussels have listened to an episode at this point. Please continue the fine work.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Junior G-man posted:

Shameless Saturday morning plug :dance:

Saturday morning cartoons! :dance:

And they've made a podcast! :dance:

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
I got wrecked at a party last night, but apparently I convinced a few Lib Dems to vote Labour :getin:

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

VideoGames posted:

Asking for....a friend.
tricky. maybe if you start the scream, and then we scream into the resulting void? teamwork, comrade! we couldn't do it without you! :hfive:

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

funakupo posted:

The podcast is excellent. I have shared it with a fair bit of colleagues. I think 1/3 of EFTA here in Brussels have listened to an episode at this point. Please continue the fine work.

w hat

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Pesmerga posted:

I got wrecked at a party last night, but apparently I convinced a few Lib Dems to vote Labour :getin:

Do you think this process is scalable?

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Weird double post minutes later. Anyway, it may be scalable, but so will the awful hangover.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Pesmerga posted:

Do you think this process is atemporal?

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
App is being really weird this morning.

App is being really weird this morning.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

All I'm seeing is if you get drunk enough it might be possible for labour to win the 2017 election.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

I love this because I actually believe she doesn't know who louise is.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

VideoGames posted:

Asking for....a friend.

Go scream outside CCHQ and suck it into the void duh.

Direct action.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

I am also a lurker and want to hank you regulars for the thread, I've been in hospital since early September and keep dipping into this hot bullshit and it is a good? distraction.

I should check out the podcast. Anyway, here we here we fuckin go, let's get the reds in finally

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Robot Mil posted:

I’m in Canada so pretty useless for this election

If you emigrated there from the UK less than 15 years ago you are entitled to a vote in your old constituency.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Its 9am and I'm laid on my sofa after work eating custard creams. That's my Saturday morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Maugrim posted:

Hey thread, do we have any evidence/material regarding Swinson / the lib dems being poo poo on the NHS?
Not Swinson-specific but the Lib Dems overwhelmingly supported the Health & Social Care Act 2012 (which paved the way for privatisation & did not fall within the coalition agreement, they just love privatisation), and the Orange Book contains a chapter on why privatising the NHS is actually good. Also lmao they loving gutted social care, never ceases to amaze me that people even need telling they're poo poo on health.

TwoShanks posted:

just joined the IWW Cymru
:woop: Cymru is one of the most active branches in the world, it's a good place to be. If you're closer to Swansea than you are to Cardiff or Wrexham though please hmu, Swansea group kind of has some issues & your help would help! Or if you're closer to Cardiff & want to know the lie of the land feel free to ask, we have some very good people out in that direction :)

(e:correct year)

Borrovan fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Nov 2, 2019