Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

And Tyler Too! posted:

I pulled the trigger on the steam sale for Hitman 2 and I have spent countless hours on the Miami level. This game rules.

Playing a level at a time and really drilling down into every corner and secret is the right way to play so have fun out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Huh, cool. In Marrakesh, if you open the safe in the Strandberg's office and let him notice, he'll get sick (ie emetic effect).

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

BBJoey posted:

Huh, cool. In Marrakesh, if you open the safe in the Strandberg's office and let him notice, he'll get sick (ie emetic effect).

I...don't think I've ever actually opened that. What's inside, exactly?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

BBJoey posted:

Oh that's awesome.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Major Isoor posted:

I...don't think I've ever actually opened that. What's inside, exactly?

The codeword that lets you call Zaydan to arrange a meeting in the tunnel, which lures him out of the school.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The shock phone is real now

https://www.newscientist.com/articl...obox=1572518243

quote:

The non-invasive device, which uses small jolts of electricity to manipulate activity in the front of the brain, is used in conjunction with a virtual therapist on your phone.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.

That therapist's name? Dr. Oscar Lafayette

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I am sad to say it took me ages to figure out that upon Spooky Batting that guy, he just disappears and reappears elsewhere. First time I nailed him, I got distracted with a guard, came back and was like where in the gently caress did he go

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Knocking out/dispatching all 24 guards was less than fun. One of them was wandering around right at the edge of the map where I was getting a ‘Leaving mission area’ warning’.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
that part is easy (sniper, roof, massmurder), the hard part was the mission before when you don't want to murk them all

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

The_Doctor posted:

Knocking out/dispatching all 24 guards was less than fun. One of them was wandering around right at the edge of the map where I was getting a ‘Leaving mission area’ warning’.

I used the shuriken and got the Sneaky Ninja or whatever the achievement is. Also found it somewhat therapeutic but it’s also been a long week.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Kind of annoyed at how all the ETs seem to now be designed around using the cheese phone. Tried to poison this guy but they put two enforcers for the server outfit next to the only thing he drinks, tried shooting him with a sniper rifle and was immediately gunned down by cops.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I don't think there's been an ET for a few months that I didn't blow up in public

Silent Assassin is for cowards

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

UnknownMercenary posted:

Kind of annoyed at how all the ETs seem to now be designed around using the cheese phone. Tried to poison this guy but they put two enforcers for the server outfit next to the only thing he drinks, tried shooting him with a sniper rifle and was immediately gunned down by cops.

Getting rid of those enforcers is easy, they're the closest two to the garage so you can just coin them in and take them out.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I don't even have the phone unlocked and the hardest part about SAing this ET was trying to remember where i could even get the server outfit because i hadn't played the map in like 10 months

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
I decided this ET should get the wire, and it was surprisingly easy. From the upstairs room where the server normally is, you can hit both the target and the hostess who can enforce against your suit with the Seiker. The both go in the downstairs bathroom which has a closet you can dump bodies in. Knocked out the hostess while she was puking first, then got the actual target a minute later. There's one partygoer who paths through there, but she's out well before a vomit cycle ends.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

UnknownMercenary posted:

So at the first hint of complication to poisoning you just gave up?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

UnknownMercenary posted:

Kind of annoyed at how all the ETs seem to now be designed around using the cheese phone.

this is..... the first new ET since the phone was added...

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the ET was designed around using the vomit gun anyway, in my experience

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

HenryEx posted:

I don't even have the phone unlocked and the hardest part about SAing this ET was trying to remember where i could even get the server outfit because i hadn't played the map in like 10 months
There's a server standing watching the glass you want to poison :v:

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I don't have the Seiker yet but I threw an emetic grenade to get the guy leaning at the counter, put him in a closet, put the black lady who checks herself out in the bathroom mirror in the closet, waited for a lull in the kitchen and shot the server leaning against the wall with the Kalmer, stole his clothes to quickly rat poison up the killer's drink without scrutiny. Then it was just a matter of staying out of the way while people wake up the server, he gets dressed again then climbing in the window to drown the ET while he was puking.

This was a neat one, the killer has a LOT of dialogue both with the other partygoers and with 47 himself if you approach him near the BBQ grill. I considered taking the steps to start serving food and just poisoning his when he walked close but I couldn't remember where to find propane/etc so gently caress it.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Okay wait a sec, this game has a vomit gun and puke grenades? This is the best.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday

And Tyler Too! posted:

Okay wait a sec, this game has a vomit gun and puke grenades? This is the best.

And a sick mine. Literally, a remote explosive that makes people sick.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Hitman is a game that takes itself VERY seriously :hai:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

UnknownMercenary posted:

You can serve him from the BBQ area. 100% safe; it's how I ultimately handled him.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Dabir posted:

Getting rid of those enforcers is easy, they're the closest two to the garage so you can just coin them in and take them out.

I didn't even bother to knock them out. I grabbed the server outfit from the muffin stand previously, ran into the house, hid by the wall going into the kitchen and tossed a coin into the far corner. That gave me just enough time to poison the drink before they turned back around.

Is there a site that has all of the unlockables and their requirements? I've not played for about half a year and it looks like there's lots of new stuff outside of the obvious DLC mastery levels to go for.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Restrained Crown Posse posted:

I didn't even bother to knock them out. I grabbed the server outfit from the muffin stand previously, ran into the house, hid by the wall going into the kitchen and tossed a coin into the far corner. That gave me just enough time to poison the drink before they turned back around.

Is there a site that has all of the unlockables and their requirements? I've not played for about half a year and it looks like there's lots of new stuff outside of the obvious DLC mastery levels to go for.

Well, there is the Wiki: https://hitman.fandom.com/wiki/Category:HITMAN%E2%84%A2_2

And there is this Hitmanforum post:
https://www.hitmanforum.com/t/hitman-2-complete-list-of-unlocks/26215

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
New challenge pack is up, not a lot to say about it except that there's a misprint in the shotgun challenge description: It can only be done with a loud shotgun, and it may not work if the guards are actual targets. I did it on Nightcall itself killing non-targets and it was fine.

The unlockable is... odd. It's adorable, but does very little. No one is distracted by it when placed, and when thrown or dropped it explodes in a shower of confetti. Unlike the Shaman Powder, this will not blow open doors, and unlike The Big One it can't set off propane. All it does is make a sound distraction roughly the radius of a coin. It's not entirely useless, as dropping to create a distraction can sometimes be more useful than having to stop and throw, but otherwise it's about as good as a coin or the gold bar except not reusable and not possible to use as a placed lure.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.

Wolfsheim posted:

This was a neat one, the killer has a LOT of dialogue both with the other partygoers and with 47 himself if you approach him near the BBQ grill. I considered taking the steps to start serving food and just poisoning his when he walked close but I couldn't remember where to find propane/etc so gently caress it.

Oddly, you don't even have to do the propane setup, you can just serve him the fries that are sitting there. This method is ridiculously easy but also dumb.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I had just about the funniest experience in Vermont. I fumigated the house and my timing was just right so that the front door was open when the target guy and all the bodyguards fell unconscious. Who sees this? A deputy, followed by a mailman, followed by a jogger, followed by the people across the street etc. Half of the neighborhood stormed this very toxic house and suffocated in the living room. I'm starting to feel like 47 is the only intelligent person in a world full of morons.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Having been an industrial safety coordinator, I can tell you that's accurate to real life with gas and electrical hazards. Most of the training you give to people is to avoid the instinct to immediately run over to a prone body, because the same invisible danger could get you too!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Finally got onto playing Haven, and it’s so great. My one quibble would be that changing into your swimming outfit in your own room counts as suspicious if someone sees you.

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo

Pilchenstein posted:

There's a server standing watching the glass you want to poison :v:

Lure them into the garage and subdue/box them. The other enforcer in the kitchen you can do the same to, or you can just toss a coin to get them to turn around while you do the poisoning.

I think sometimes people forget how easy/useful it is to lure people away from their spots/routes by tossing coins and other items. You can get some insane distance by repeating the lure, e.g. you toss a coin, pick it up and when the lured NPC stops inspecting the spot you threw the first coin on, you do it again and repeat as necessary, see how far you can get them. Only problem is if you lure the wrong NPC, which can seem a bit random sometimes.

For this ET, I hid just inside the basement door, coined while he was drinking and repeated to get him down in the cellar, where I shot him in the head. I had already knocked out the NPC who goes through the cellar, so didn't even bother hiding the body before exiting. Easy as.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Is anyone experiencing a bug where you can't complete the fortune teller kill in A House Built on Sand? I lead Mendola to the room, but then he gets to the entrance, turns back around, and walks away without sitting down for the conversation. I can talk to him again to lead him back but he does the same thing again. I'm on PC.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
While getting the Thriller Night challenges, I cornered Alma in the house and systematically killed all her guards, then chased her to a backup secure position by the truck. When I killed everyone there, I chased her down to the beach....where it turns out she has a unique animation and behavior for attempting to desperately wade out into the riptide to escape me, eventually dying to what counted as a melee kill.

There has to be a way to turn that into a contract. I still need to find a use for the joint.

Pirate Jet posted:

Is anyone experiencing a bug where you can't complete the fortune teller kill in A House Built on Sand? I lead Mendola to the room, but then he gets to the entrance, turns back around, and walks away without sitting down for the conversation. I can talk to him again to lead him back but he does the same thing again. I'm on PC.

You may need to start over from the beginning. If he's reversing at that moment, I'd wonder about how you handled the previous customer.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Nov 3, 2019

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

I haven't had much time to really dig into this one like the first season, so I'm still a bit sketchy on this gear. Is the whole no body found kalmer effect a bug? The sedative syringe still triggers body found so I'm a bit confused, is this all intended?

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Mondian posted:

I haven't had much time to really dig into this one like the first season, so I'm still a bit sketchy on this gear. Is the whole no body found kalmer effect a bug? The sedative syringe still triggers body found so I'm a bit confused, is this all intended?

Only targets directly observing NPCs getting the Kalmer treatment trigger a body found pop up. It HAS to be the target to observe it, any other NPC and it will not trigger a message.

Fastest ways to see this for yourself are Hokkaido or Whittleton Creek. Kalmer the director when he talks to Yuki. If she's the first to see it, the pop up happens. If it's one of her guards, it won't pop.

Same in WC. If you Kalmer the Hammer when Cassidy talks to him and Cassidy is the first to see it, the pop up happens. If it's Cassidys bodyguard to be the first to notice it, it won't.

https://i.imgur.com/xBZQC0r.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/HDQptf2.mp4

Sensenmann fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Nov 3, 2019

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I ended up shooting the ET from up in the room where you normally get the server uniform, I think? The one with the dog bed. It compromised my disguise, but only for the backyard lol. Safely jogged to the bus stop.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I will never stop detonating the targets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
I really do appreciate IOI's decision to only require, like, 5 kills to get all the loot for SA-ing ETs.

It is rather freeing to know I can just do...whatever...and it'll be fine, so long as I don't get killed in the process.