Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

SEKCobra posted:

Impulse bought this after seeing Kai's video on it and I always wanted a drone anyway.

Trip report pls. I'm looking at getting one of these to explore the places my Mavic 2 Pro won't (legally) fly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queadlunn
Dec 10, 2005

Yak Deculture!
Fallen Rib

The Sexual Shiite posted:

What’d that Valkyrie run you? I’m jealous. Amazon has them for 325, which makes me reluctant.

It was 8500 NTD (about 280 USD), a bit below what I was finding online. If you happen to be in Taipei there was another one in Taipei Main Station's more anime-focused mall for 8800 NTD I think. It's the first nice Valkyrie figure that I've been able to buy and the YF-19 is one of my favorites from the franchise so finding the Full Pack release was awesome.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

TV in my room is staying to go out. I was waiting for an after Thanksgiving sale, but maybe I'll just pick one up sooner and then see how well this "price guarantee" thing works on my credit card if it winds up going on sale. Have to read up on it though to see what the time frames and stuff are.

I'm assuming OLEDs are still the way to go right? I play a lot of games and watch a lot of sports.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

TV in my room is staying to go out. I was waiting for an after Thanksgiving sale, but maybe I'll just pick one up sooner and then see how well this "price guarantee" thing works on my credit card if it winds up going on sale. Have to read up on it though to see what the time frames and stuff are.

I'm assuming OLEDs are still the way to go right? I play a lot of games and watch a lot of sports.

Samsung TVs seem to be the best where the gaming and sports line cross. Other manufacturers tend to do one or the other better. I have a 65” QLED Samsung that I got in March and have no complaints with gaming or watching sports.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Found a 60s Smith-Corona in great shape for only $15

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Solice Kirsk posted:

Warning that a lot of black friday TVs tend to be a slightly different SKU so if you need those to match to get the price match you might be out of luck

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:

Mister Speaker posted:

Trip report pls. I'm looking at getting one of these to explore the places my Mavic 2 Pro won't (legally) fly.

I will. I'm not sure when exactly I will get it.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Coffee And Pie posted:

Are you planning on meeting your man who hangs out down on Alvarado Street by the Pioneer chicken stand?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Mister Speaker posted:

Same. Except I've got a giant old DJI flamewheel that, as fun as it is to bust out and fly occasionally, is pretty much impossible to take anywhere. Until now I've stayed away from newer DJI drones due all of the proprietary stuff, forced updated and other crap. But at this point it seems there's not going to be a hobby grade drone that can compare to the Mavics, even if all I care is the size and camera/stabilization for this purpose. And it's not like I could take my Taranis backpacking...

E: is it just me or did they raise the prices on all the other drones? I seem to recall the Air was under five hunnet bucks last year

mobby_6kl has a new favorite as of 01:51 on Nov 1, 2019

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Coffee And Pie posted:

Time to start up as a street poet

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

spookygonk posted:

Stick it on repeat and listen to it forever.

:rock:

welcome 2 Clown Town posted:

I'm not a fan of all of King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard's albums, but Nonagon Infinity is super good and so are the music videos that go with each song.

Yeah, it's so good. Glad I got it.

Captain Lavender has a new favorite as of 05:00 on Nov 1, 2019

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

SpartanIvy posted:

Time to start up as a street poet

I’m gonna go full Moondog

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
After having my last one for five or six years, bit the bullet and bought a new phone!

Moto G7!

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

To the guy looking for TV recommendations, go here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3523461&perpage=40&pagenumber=287

(Skip to the last page)

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

1redflag posted:

To the guy looking for TV recommendations, go here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3523461&perpage=40&pagenumber=287

(Skip to the last page)

Oh awesome! They're actually discussing the set I was planning on buying and discussing the only issue I was concerned with right on that last page. Perfect! Thanks!

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
I went underwater with my 2070S

Also bought a bright rear end case for my phone:

Endymion FRS MK1 has a new favorite as of 06:54 on Nov 2, 2019

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
A new gopro for my vacation in January to never use (just like my other gopro).

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I haven’t built a pc in like 18 years and that cpu heat sink is blowing my mind with how big it is. Look at that thing.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I think it's a dark rock pro. Really overkill for 99% of people but if you have one of those 16 core monstrosities it can help.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Mu Zeta posted:

I think it's a dark rock pro. Really overkill for 99% of people but if you have one of those 16 core monstrosities it can help.

Yep. I have an 8086K that at one point was running all 6 cores at 5ghz, so it was necessary. Now I've backed off the OC and it's good at letting me go fanless until I boot up a game

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Rolo posted:

I haven’t built a pc in like 18 years and that cpu heat sink is blowing my mind with how big it is. Look at that thing.

Funny thing is cpus put out between 65-95 watts of heat and look at the size of the heat sink. Meanwhile graphics cards put out 250 watts of heat and they usually have much smaller heat sinks. Should be swapped but the way motherboards are laid out won’t allow it. If I was going to water cool only one component of my system it would be the gpu.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I remember being hot poo poo installing an aftermarket sink and fan on my Radeon 9800XT and running the wires through my ThermalTake case. Those were the days.

Lossy Compression
Sep 29, 2019

Hooked On A Feeling
Just finished building this guy. If I'd known how ridiculously complicated the kit was, I'd have paid twice as much for the completed version.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
Is it a manufactured model kit or did somebody go and find all of the original junk they used for the real one?

Lossy Compression
Sep 29, 2019

Hooked On A Feeling

Dog Case posted:

Is it a manufactured model kit or did somebody go and find all of the original junk they used for the real one?

It's a guy on eBay who actually gathers all the old parts and sells the kit:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MST3K-Crow-T-Robot-Replica-Prop-Kit-Mystery-Science-Theater-3000-/283464956546

Most of Crow is old Tupperware pieces, and he's somehow able to keep a fairly steady supply of them. But some of the other stuff, like the hockey mask and shoulder pieces, are resin-cast replicas of the originals, so there's a ton of sanding/cleanup involved.

I knew I'd have to paint it, but I figured assembly would be fairly easy. I was so wrong. Would have been easier if I had a full tool shop (band saw for one thing), but I had to make do with Dremmel and hand-held drills. He sells models he's built and painted himself for about twice the cost.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
wanted a short scale.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

We went to a flea market/antique mall and I got a haul. Not pictured is a green elephant planter.

Hell yeah I'm starting down the path of being a brooch lady.

Befuddled cat cracks me up.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

AnimalChin posted:

wanted a short scale.

Sick!

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

AnimalChin posted:

wanted a short scale.

I love mine, you won't be disappointed. it's very fun to play. Now get an octave pedal and a couple of fuzzes and do the Royal Blood thing.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Rolo posted:

The one I have required a socket wrench to install and has warped my MOBO from the weight...granted my MOBO is only held in with 1 screw in the middle.

-CHA
Jun 21, 2004

State-of-the-art
home video technology

SEKCobra posted:

Impulse bought this after seeing Kai's video on it and I always wanted a drone anyway.

Just pulled the trigger on this too after several days of debating whether or not to get it, went for the fly more bundle.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Mister Speaker posted:

I love mine, you won't be disappointed. it's very fun to play. Now get an octave pedal and a couple of fuzzes and do the Royal Blood thing.

I built a fuzz pedal and an up/down octave pedal, and let me tell you how :krad: it fuckin sounds with the SR300 and the SR505.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:

-CHA posted:

Just pulled the trigger on this too after several days of debating whether or not to get it, went for the fly more bundle.

Same, just sucks that it will take so long for them to ship.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
Bought two new Shark self emptying robotic vacuums!

They’re currently 20% off on Shark’s Online store, plus you can pop in an email address and get a one time 10% off code. That plus the fact they’re basically half the cost of the self emptying roomba, this was a no brainer for me.

The second one is going to my parents for the holidays :)

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

OSU_Matthew posted:

Bought two new Shark self emptying robotic vacuums!

They’re currently 20% off on Shark’s Online store, plus you can pop in an email address and get a one time 10% off code. That plus the fact they’re basically half the cost of the self emptying roomba, this was a no brainer for me.

The second one is going to my parents for the holidays :)

Hmmm, that's a really good deal. The only downside that I can think of is that the app doesn't have the virtual "no-go lines" as of yet, though it's rumored to get it via an update in the future. I'm very tempted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Fed8durfb4

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Ordered this. HON HVL534

Not the greatest chair ever but the chair I got from Office Depot like 7 years ago is peeling like crazy and leaving poo poo everywhere. Hopefully the mesh is more durable. I'm probably going to not install the right arm so I can play guitar on it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

skooma512 posted:

Ordered this. HON HVL534

Not the greatest chair ever but the chair I got from Office Depot like 7 years ago is peeling like crazy and leaving poo poo everywhere. Hopefully the mesh is more durable. I'm probably going to not install the right arm so I can play guitar on it.
This looks like the chair I have from Office Depot. I've had it for over a year. The mesh holds up fine, but the armrests don't. If you aren't installing one, hopefully it'll be fine.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

There's a good chance the arms are going to come already welded to the seat.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Solice Kirsk posted:

There's a good chance the arms are going to come already welded to the seat.

Nothing an angle grinder won’t fix!

dreesemonkey posted:

Hmmm, that's a really good deal. The only downside that I can think of is that the app doesn't have the virtual "no-go lines" as of yet, though it's rumored to get it via an update in the future. I'm very tempted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Fed8durfb4

Performance wise, I’m actually really happy with my Roomba 890. But there’s just a few things I think could be very much improved, and everything I’m reading suggests this one should fix the lingering issues of consistently getting back to the dock, and also not having to manually empty it everyday. I’m pretty excited!

E: For content, finally got my hands on one of the spicey chicken sammiches at Popeye! The hype is not misplaced—it’s really good!

Catatron Prime has a new favorite as of 13:21 on Nov 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
I just bought a 1/6 scale John McClane's head: