Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

i was so hungry, jon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Micr0chiP
Mar 17, 2007

This is kind of unexpected, are those seconds or minutes?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Micr0chiP posted:

This is kind of unexpected, are those seconds or minutes?

years. the driver is bragging about their glory days.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Hideous! The body is like 4 feet long making the

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

It is a level beyond cat, our scientists call it "cat two"

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

Captain Hygiene posted:

It is a level beyond cat, our scientists call it "cat two"

Gesundheit

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
liposuction can often require additional surgery to tighten up the remaining skin - it's better to not get that fat in the first place.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

cat big

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

It's a blan-cat. I'll see myself out.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Neddy Seagoon posted:

They raised the 11'8 bridge?

IS NOTHING SACRED?! :rant:
The last thing to hit it was an excavator that went through the safety bar and actually hit the bridge itself, so the working theory is that the bridge required enough repair that it was finally economical to just raise it at the same time.

RIP idiot trap train bridge.

spiny
May 20, 2004

round and round and round

Genuine lol here :D

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

no

couch... small

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
So who's paying for the bridge to be raised? The road owners, the rail owners, or the last poor son of a bitch that hit the bridge?

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Ak Gara posted:

So who's paying for the bridge to be raised? The road owners, the rail owners, or the last poor son of a bitch that hit the bridge?

The last guy hosed up the bridge with a backhoe, so I hope it’s them.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Before I will die on my feet, I beg on my knees

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also what kind of idiot puts a decal on the windshield?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

Also what kind of idiot puts a decal on the windshield?

Questions answered by pictures that inspired them for $100, please

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Ak Gara posted:

( truck rental attendant nervously inflates tires to proper level )

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene

AMISH FRIED PIES posted:

I'd loving hope so. :wink:

:wiggle:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/moprob1ems/status/1190337791512604672

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Lady Disdain posted:

Someone in the Schad thread started a petition to raise the road 8 inches.

There... there's a new Schad thread?!

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Push El Burrito posted:

There... there's a new Schad thread?!

It's in GBS, so you'd be forgiven for never having gone there to see it.

Micr0chiP
Mar 17, 2007
Schadenfreude thread link:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3897718&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Welp, not gonna be able to unsee that. And here I was kind of looking forward to the inevitable trainwreck that series was gonna be.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

That's going to be the most visually interesting thing in the entire show

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Solice Kirsk posted:

Welp, not gonna be able to unsee that. And here I was kind of looking forward to the inevitable trainwreck that series was gonna be.

The trailer was pretty good

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I guess it is better now but the reveal and the memes about how bad the costume looked were great.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I would be on board day one if Happy Sword was actually alive and constantly pestering him with relentless cheerfulness :sigh:

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Captain Hygiene posted:

I would be on board day one if Happy Sword was actually alive and constantly pestering him with relentless cheerfulness :sigh:

This would be amazing.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

It should be like the cursed talking sword in one of those Infinity Engine games, I forget which one

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Like Nav’i, but instead of a fairy it’s a sword.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

dialhforhero posted:

IDEA COPYRIGHT FORUMS USER DIALHFORHERO DO NOT STEAL

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Phlegmish posted:

It should be like the cursed talking sword in one of those Infinity Engine games, I forget which one

BG2

Also while it's totally fine to poo poo on Netflix (or anyone) trying to cash in on the post-GOT fantasy tv vacuum, remember that a lot of the hate (esp in meme form) is coming from gamergaters who are pissed that they made one of the characters black.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Coq au Nandos posted:

Guess the topic!

AOC

Yeah, there's only one person whose initials work for all 4 quadrants lol

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

bike tory posted:

Also while it's totally fine to poo poo on Netflix (or anyone) trying to cash in on the post-GOT fantasy tv vacuum, remember that a lot of the hate (esp in meme form) is coming from gamergaters who are pissed that they made one of the characters black.

They rolled back on the race-blind casting as soon as the Gamergaters started complaining, I think it's more that people are upset that it's not "exactly like the games" because they don't get that the games took all sorts of liberties with the books.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

ookiimarukochan posted:

They rolled back on the race-blind casting as soon as the Gamergaters started complaining, I think it's more that people are upset that it's not "exactly like the games" because they don't get that the games took all sorts of liberties with the books.

You're assuming that they know there are books, much less that they came first.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

dialhforhero posted:

Navi is the fairy, Nav'i are the blue cat aliens who gently caress everything with their tails.

Would be a very different sword if that happened, but if permabanned minecraft modders are involvrd, not too different for the fairy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

ookiimarukochan posted:

I'm glad they took those liberties. The games aren't exactly literary masterworks, but I honestly prefer them over the books, which I half-regret reading.