Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So even though I was able to beat this Alad V mission with groups, I decided to try it solo. I fought him for over 30 minutes straight before finally calling it quits and aborting the mission. No idea what was going on there; I looked up a guide that said to kill the guy and then damage the robot when it's resurrecting him, but I repeated this process like 8 times and the robot didn't seem to be getting any closer to dying. Killing the guy was also absolutely impossible unless I had enough energy to use Excalibur's 4th skill (which allowed me to make short work of him); otherwise his shield recharge exceeded my DPS. So a lot of that fight time was spent running around trying to kill guys to drop energy. (Admittedly I was using a staff instead of my fully leveled Skana, but I doubt the damage difference between them is so massive that it would have made a difference.)

It's not a huge deal since I can still progress through stuff when people join my group, but I feel like something must be wrong. Do I need to use a certain type of element or something?

I had a similar issue when doing the junction where you fight Nova, but I fortunately realized that using Excalibur's 2 skill allowed you to use a finisher on her (before that I wasn't able to kill her even with the 4 skill and she would end up killing me even from a distance).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?

I Am Just a Box posted:

1. Clear The War Within.
2. Do normal missions against the Grineer until you get an assassin flash with dialogue from a Kuva Guardian. Find the Kuva Larvaling and kill them.
3. You have a Kuva Lich after you now. They will take territory on the star chart and steal rewards from missions you do in their territory. Sometimes they will invade and attack you.
4. Do Kuva Siphon and Kuva Flood missinos to get Requiem Relics. Crack them like normal Void Relics to get Requiem Mods for your new Parazon equipment.
5. Do missions against the Kuva Lich in their territory and hunt down Kuva Thrall enemies. Reduce their health to the point where you can do the Parazon finisher on them with the interact key. You should get a Requiem Murmur from each thrall.
6. Accumulate Requiem Murmurs until it reveals which Requiem Mods you need to equip your Parazon with to kill the Kuva Lich.
7. Fight the Kuva Lich the next time it invades your mission. At low health, use your Parazon finisher and guess a sequence of the three Requiem Mods you've got equipped. Repeat until you find the right sequence (a wrong guess will kill you and end the invasion).
8. Choose to either kill the Kuva Lich to claim its lich weapon or spare the Kuva Lich to make it invade missions as an ally. Either way, you get back all the mission rewards the Kuva Lich has stolen from you.

jesus

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Ytlaya posted:

It's not a huge deal since I can still progress through stuff when people join my group, but I feel like something must be wrong. Do I need to use a certain type of element or something?

Your build probably sucks. This isn't a dig, you're still new and it can be a tough fight if you're not equipped for it. Excalibur should be fine to take against Alad, but post a screenshot of your build for him (and his exalted blade) and we can probably offer some pointers.

I took a look at your profile, you're MR5, you should build a Hek. Ask clan chat for a set of basic shotgun mods for said Hek and a copy of Blind Justice for your Nikana Prime.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Ytlaya posted:

So even though I was able to beat this Alad V mission with groups, I decided to try it solo. I fought him for over 30 minutes straight before finally calling it quits and aborting the mission. No idea what was going on there; I looked up a guide that said to kill the guy and then damage the robot when it's resurrecting him, but I repeated this process like 8 times and the robot didn't seem to be getting any closer to dying. Killing the guy was also absolutely impossible unless I had enough energy to use Excalibur's 4th skill (which allowed me to make short work of him); otherwise his shield recharge exceeded my DPS. So a lot of that fight time was spent running around trying to kill guys to drop energy. (Admittedly I was using a staff instead of my fully leveled Skana, but I doubt the damage difference between them is so massive that it would have made a difference.)

I had a similar issue when doing the junction where you fight Nova, but I fortunately realized that using Excalibur's 2 skill allowed you to use a finisher on her (before that I wasn't able to kill her even with the 4 skill and she would end up killing me even from a distance).

you have a serious dps problem, talking about staves and Skana seems wrong, you should be Hek'ing

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
Do you have mods slotted and said mods leveled up? And are those mods not just the crappy broken ones you get at the beginning? Because leveling up a weapon itself doesn't do anything to increase its power, only its power potential by giving you a greater energy pool to slot mods with. That is the only explanation i could think of why you'd have such a hard time killing this boss. Also don't feel stupid for not knowing this; while I love the game it does a terrible job at explaining the actual gameplay mechanics.

If you're missing mods, most people are willing to give out the basic mods to new players, the community is surprisingly non-toxic in that way. Even goons are nice to each other here sometimes.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Screaming Idiot fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Nov 2, 2019

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
For Kuva gun variants, would it be best to have radiation as the free element or toxic for easy viral and gas modding?

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Nov 2, 2019

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

For Kuva gun variants, would it be best to have radiation as the free element or toxic for easy viral and gas modding?

Toxic would be my first choice.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
My lich that invaded me every mission yesterday has become surprisingly shy the moment i had all 3 words for him. What a smart guy.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I Am Just a Box posted:

... guess a sequence of the three Requiem Mods you've got equipped. Repeat until you find the right sequence (a wrong guess will kill you and end the invasion).

We're supposed to guess? Really? :negative:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

prefect posted:

We're supposed to guess? Really? :negative:

yeah for the power inversion

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Without the guess to force you to grind / power up the lich on failed attempts they would be a total pushover. The first few ranks I didn't even recognize the model of mine until it prompted for the kill.

That said, I definitely think there's room for tweaks and enhancements in the system.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
Someone had a fire lich spawn into their mission and I just straight up face tanked that poo poo while wailing on him with my hybrid Nikana Prime + Amalgam Daikyu Target Acquired. The 3% lifesteal is more than enough to completely negate the damage taken, I love it. Couldn't kill it obviously, but it couldn't kill me either.

Seriously, get yourself a baller Nikana and ADTA, it's good times.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Avynte posted:

Without the guess to force you to grind / power up the lich on failed attempts they would be a total pushover. The first few ranks I didn't even recognize the model of mine until it prompted for the kill.
Yeah, i occasionally run into other players rank 1 or 2 liches and watching them fall to their knees from a single rubico shot is a bit anticlimactic. At least with my rank 5 one you can actually see the healthbar go down.

Actually having a dozen spy nodes with lvl 110 grineer enemies on the starchart means that casually ivara scanning your way through the daily simaris cap is even more comfortable now.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

I've been trash talking hammers but I want to take it back: RMB+W with Crushing Ruin is an incredibly fast Spin 2 Win combo. Like holy poo poo fast.

McKilligan posted:

Someone had a fire lich spawn into their mission and I just straight up face tanked that poo poo while wailing on him with my hybrid Nikana Prime + Amalgam Daikyu Target Acquired. The 3% lifesteal is more than enough to completely negate the damage taken, I love it. Couldn't kill it obviously, but it couldn't kill me either.

Seriously, get yourself a baller Nikana and ADTA, it's good times.

I made an entire build around this using some of the excal augments. Not sure if it's still good.

Helter Skelter posted:

Mag capacity is a DPS boost, albeit something of an indirect one. Reserve ammo capacity is not.

Presumably this is also why punch through isn't eligible.

Personally I'm more sad about reload not being on there.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
How's dex dakra post melee 3.0? I've got a riven and PS4 just got a snazzy anniversary skin for it but it's normally so terrible I'd just mulch the riven.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Tulip posted:

I've been trash talking hammers but I want to take it back: RMB+W with Crushing Ruin is an incredibly fast Spin 2 Win combo. Like holy poo poo fast.

I made an entire build around this using some of the excal augments. Not sure if it's still good.

I run a Naramon / Furious Javelin / Surging Dash Excalibur with aforementioned Nikana and it absolutely tears poo poo up. Slash keeps the combo counter topped up and Javelin for when I'm just being a dick and want THE MOST DAMAGE.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Tulip posted:

reload is as much of a DPS boost as is mag size. I understand their decision but now I just wish they made these mods more usable by boosting their values

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Is it just me or does every melee weapon 1-2 shot most enemies now? I've been swapping my beloved Galatine for smaller weapons for MR grinding and I'm realizing that they one-shotting quite nicely, and feel quite a bit smoother.

Naturally, I was an idiot and dropped my lens on that Galatine without realizing how permanent that would be.

Also, is there a way to farm specifically for kubrow mods? My sneaky doggy is faltering at pluto and I can't seem to find mods to boost him.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

BurntCornMuffin posted:

Also, is there a way to farm specifically for kubrow mods? My sneaky doggy is faltering at pluto and I can't seem to find mods to boost him.

Do you have the Link Armor and Link Health mods? You get them from the Cervantes sabotage mission on Earth for finding the three catches. They're essential imo. The Medi-Pet Kit is also very good, you get it from Index, goons probably have a million copies they can give you. If you need even more beef on that pup consider the Synth Fiber mod from top end Orb Vallis bounties.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Double post

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

BurntCornMuffin posted:

Is it just me or does every melee weapon 1-2 shot most enemies now? I've been swapping my beloved Galatine for smaller weapons for MR grinding and I'm realizing that they one-shotting quite nicely, and feel quite a bit smoother.

Straight up, Twin Basolk is one of the big winners from this patch because even with spending 3 slots (Rift Strike + Killing Blow + Amalgam Organ Shatter) on a mediocre melee weapon, you still shred enemies, AND you teleport.

Haven't experimented with Prova but it might be super strong now?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
well big winners are all "short" melee weapons with good rivens, because now you can use them as well as "long" weapons

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
What I'm taking away from this discussion is, "The old melee gods are dead. Everyone is a god now!"
The only thing that matters now is your A * E * S * T * H * E * T * I * C

And I couldn't be happier

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Tulip posted:

Now realize that that spin to win combo got nerfed as it use to fling you forward like three or four times as hard during that ultra quick spin.

Doesn't stop me from still loving it though.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

It only gets worse from here on in...
If I wanted to use the Kronen Prime, how would I build it with these new melee changes?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I was hoping the lich's would be far closer to shadow of mordor then what we got, multiple at the same time competing for territory that you could pit against eachother, not needing to grind relics to grind fissures for runes, not needing this larvaling step before it begins, having enough voicelines that you wouldn't hear a repeat in 5 hours instead of 5 minutes along with the same lines before and after every SINGLEmission, being able to go after the lich directly in some epic space battle instead of it being a RNG thing when the anger-bar fills enough, the lich escaping when you best them instead of them using the same spine-breaking animation over and over.

It's a good first draft but a lot of this shadow of mordor just did better and I realize they can't do the same 50 GB's of just voicelines or a interlaced network of multiple lich's with rivalries and hatreds and fears and alliances but they can definitely trim a lot of the bad parts of the system or made the weapons more of a craft material hunt to create your own custom weapon instead of using a specific warframe to do the larvaling part to get the element you need and then hoping it's a high % and the right type of weapon you want.

Despite all those negative words I still like the lichs so far.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Dartonus posted:

If I wanted to use the Kronen Prime, how would I build it with these new melee changes?

This is what I've got so far, it shreds things nicely:

I might mess around with a build focused around heavy attacks at some point, but I don't have anything put together yet.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I'm a console peasant so I don't yet have access to my own personal undying cyborg with diminished mental faculties stealing my polymer bundles and making fun of my fashion choices, but the annoying grind to get the Requiem mods and the fact you can bypass it by paying money seems a little... well, not fantastic. DE will probably get around to changing that soon I think, since they're usually not exploitative with their monetization, but it's not a good look.

It's not worth quitting over by any means -- you can do everything without paying a dime -- but looking at it from the outside and by reading/watching the commentary shows it to be more tedious than it needs to be.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Login network down?

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

So I guess I should just never make a lich huh

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I mentioned this I clan chat but I want a second opinion to be sure. What melee is best for giving to saryn, slapping a lens on, and running it alone into ESO? Obviously good reach, attack speed, and a mobile stance, preferably status oriented. Zaws were suggested but I do whats good there

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Goa Tse-tung posted:

you have a serious dps problem, talking about staves and Skana seems wrong, you should be Hek'ing

Here's my Excalibur, Exalted Blade, and Gorgon (main gun I was using) builds. Some mods are there just because I didn't really have anything else to stick in those slots (like the elemental ones).

I was purposely not using my best stuff because the Nikana Prime, etc (I got the Saryn Prime thing when I first started just because I wanted some variety to play with early and Saryn seemed cool*, even though I'm sure it wasn't remotely an efficient option) is stuff I wouldn't have "normally" and I wanted to try the fight just using my "normal" stuff. I'm generally only using stuff I normally craft instead of the Saryn unless I want to "punch above my weight class" for content or having trouble with something.

I just bought the Hek blueprint and am crafting it now. I have the "Seeking Fury" and "Hell's Chamber" mods that seem like they might be pretty good for Shotguns.

* which was fortunately true; it's very satisfy when you spread her 1 skill around and entire swarms of enemies die

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

for eso saryn: tipedo prine fits that bill

paracesis or gram prime are also good choices

I bet you the atterax still shreds

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

BMan posted:

So I guess I should just never make a lich huh

I mean it's the only way you can get the new guns and upgraded variants of popular guns like the Kohm.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

kuva gun variants can have different dispos than their normal counterparts. makes the kuva kohm a little less exciting at 3

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the lich system is neat as gently caress and i really hope they add a corpus and infested variant

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
yeah ok, I'm going to wait to bother with this whole lich system until they do Liches 2.0

getting a very low-rolled weapon and then having to farm a bunch of poo poo just so you can get your lich to go away is absolutely awful design

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I mean it's the only way you can get the new guns and upgraded variants of popular guns like the Kohm.

I'm MR 7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

BMan posted:

I'm MR 7

i would try to avoid it for awhile