Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Beyond meat was a prime example of bullshit tech bubble inflation, but they’re at an appropriate price level right now. They actually have a product and a future, but $150+ was never reasonable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

I appreciate our plant meat overlords. Eating some eggs w/ vegan gyros & bacon I found at Whole Foods right now. (slathered in real 5 year aged cheddar, gruyere & butter :btroll:)

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

Beyond meat was a prime example of bullshit tech bubble inflation, but they’re at an appropriate price level right now. They actually have a product and a future, but $150+ was never reasonable.
Note that other companies in the fake meat industry aren’t trading publicly. They’re serving as a proxy for those other groups as well (like Impossible)

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm stoked about their plans to open a production site in the Netherlands soon-ish (?), because their take on meat replacements is the best one I've tried thus far, and their products have already been ditched by some of the major discounter chains in Germany in favor of NextLevel and other competitors, so I'm hoping for Beyond Meat to get a leg up in the European market.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Duzzy- me and the wife want to visit Germany. Meet me in the Dad thread, so I can ask you questions and not poo poo up the CE thread.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Edit: loving Awful App

LtCol J. Krusinski fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Nov 2, 2019

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Edit: Goddamn Awfulapp

LtCol J. Krusinski fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Nov 2, 2019

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I have to admit I'm kinda all-in-rooting for Beyond Meat like a Bernie-Bro currently, because it's the product I would really like to see in mass-distribution around the product portfolios of our larger supermarkets in Germany, but some of the articles I've been reading also have me a little concerned about their process consistency, and their supplier-sourcing will have to survive the local regulatory restrictions as well.

As it currently is, their product being produced across the ocean and being shipped everywhere in the world doesn't exactly scream "sustainable", but if they manage to tighten up their quality control and set up a solid production location in Europe, that should give them a chance to be the first "serious player" in that segment that is also recognized by the industry, and that can only lead to a good selection for the customer down the road.

Cut back on the mineral oil content in your product, you loving idiots, we need you to be better than this! :mad:

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

quote:

Super-rich prepare to leave UK 'within minutes' if Labour wins election

quote:

The super-rich are preparing to immediately leave the UK if Jeremy Corbyn becomes prime minister, fearing they will lose billions of pounds if the Labour leader does “go after” the wealthy elite with new taxes, possible capital controls and a clampdown on private schools.

Lawyers and accountants for the UK’s richest families said they had been deluged with calls from millionaire and billionaire clients asking for help and advice on moving countries, shifting their fortunes offshore and making early gifts to their children to avoid the Labour leader’s threat to tax all inheritances above £125,000.

The advisers said a Corbyn-led government was viewed as a far greater threat to the wealth and quality of life of the richest 1% than a hard Brexit.

quote:

Josie Hills, a senior tax manager at Pinsent Masons, said not being able to educate their children at Eton, Harrow or Winchester was a key worry for many of the law firm’s rich clients, who were considering moving to Switzerland and other low-tax countries with well-regarded private schools.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2019/nov/02/super-rich-leave-uk-labour-election-win-jeremy-corbyn-wealth-taxes

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Like they were really citizens of the country to begin with? At the level of billionaire which country you live in depends on your mood and which mansion you want to spend the season in. "leaving" the country is a paperwork protest that nobody else is going to notice because 99.99999% of your assets are already outside the country in tax havens anyway.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

bird food bathtub posted:

Like they were really citizens of the country to begin with? At the level of billionaire which country you live in depends on your mood and which mansion you want to spend the season in. "leaving" the country is a paperwork protest that nobody else is going to notice because 99.99999% of your assets are already outside the country in tax havens anyway.

Oooh, you're gonna move away so you don't pay taxes here any more? You mean the taxes that you consistently dodge every year with complicated schemes that you are just going to do somewhere else?

Well, poo poo boys, pack it all up they got us cornered here.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Blah, double post.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Yeah but their kids might need to transfer to another private school, think of how hard that'll be on them

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

What's the goddamn downside to this?

How do we get Silicon Valley to do this? Throw the blood of a redneck onto Peter Theal?

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

bird food bathtub posted:

Yeah it’s ridiculous to see plutocrats whine about the possibility of paying more when they’d still have oceans of cash left. NYTimes had articles about how the Conservatives austerity cuts were crippling police and social services.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/01/world/europe/uk-police-crime-austerity.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/13/world/europe/cumbria-uk-austerity-cuts.html

It’s idiotic, they could pay far more to help everyone and still live like gods. Like how Bezos found $34 billion to spare to make his wife go away.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

But if amazon doesnt pay 0 in federal taxes how will he afford to feed his mistresses?!?!

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
People are so bought into the concept of trickle-down ~job creators~ that they honestly think if the billionaires leave then all the jobs will too.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
BuzzFeed just dropped a bunch of Muller documents they got from a FOIA lawsuit.

It's...something, to be sure.

quote:

Manafort was pushing the conspiracy theory that Ukraine hacked the DNC as early as 2016

Michael Cohen "had to keep Trump out of the messaging related to Russia."

Manafort was advising the Trump campaign up until days before the election

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/jasonleopold/mueller-report-secret-memos-1?ref=bfnsplash

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

BigDave posted:

BuzzFeed just dropped a bunch of Muller documents they got from a FOIA lawsuit.

It's...something, to be sure.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/jasonleopold/mueller-report-secret-memos-1?ref=bfnsplash

"the president loves you"

:laffo:

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

That Works posted:

"the president loves you"

:laffo:

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Donald Trump.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

BigDave posted:

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Donald Trump.

Yesssss

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Whenever people complain about Buzzfeed's dumb clickbait and listicles, it's fun to remind them about how that crap goes to fund some of the best investigative journalism in the country right now.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Internet Wizard posted:

Whenever people complain about Buzzfeed's dumb clickbait and listicles, it's fun to remind them about how that crap goes to fund some of the best investigative journalism in the country right now.

Buzzfeeds click bait is the NYTs opinions section. Just dumb stuff to drive traffic

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Naramyth posted:

Buzzfeeds click bait is the NYTs opinions section. Just dumb stuff to drive traffic

I'd rather do 10 quizzes to find out how Basic I am than read a single NYT Opinion piece

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Internet Wizard posted:

I'd rather do 10 quizzes to find out how Basic I am than read a single NYT Opinion piece

loving same

Also you are peak basic

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Internet Wizard posted:

Why We Still Need Decorum - Now More Than Ever
By Sean Hannity

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1190646096147685377?s=19

gently caress off Nancy, guess we should just never try to do anything that will actually change and improve American's lives

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

BigDave posted:

Why We Still Need Decorum - Now More Than Ever
By Sean Hannity

I was a fan of his live onair op ed piece "why cant black people treat the police right? When i get pulled over i flash my gun at them to show im armed and never have an issue"

Stravag fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Nov 2, 2019

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1190646096147685377?s=19

gently caress off Nancy, guess we should just never try to do anything that will actually change and improve American's lives

We sure can find money to give massive tax cuts to billionaires and corporations or for huge military programs, or for foreign wars. :thunk:

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/pattonoswalt/status/1190723128176984064?s=20 :lol:

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

gently caress THAT

Poor goddamn kid, I now feel sorry for him.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

That’s one of those quotes that makes me think we’re all living through a really, really mean spirited final season of Arrested Development.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Donnie got booed again.

https://twitter.com/RTaub_/status/1190810659220574208

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

nice

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Goddamn. The only thing that would make that funnier is if whoever won took a mike and said "i'd like to dedicate this to donald trump......'s master vladimir putin"

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
What was the thought process behind that? Why would he go out in public again like that?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Probably the fact UFC has a lot of chud fighters and fans of UFC tend to lean conservative.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Naramyth posted:

loving same

Also you are peak basic

I crave that pumpkin Spice and cannot deny it

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Stravag posted:

Goddamn. The only thing that would make that funnier is if whoever won took a mike and said "i'd like to dedicate this to donald trump......'s master vladimir putin"

If Diaz wins there is a non-zero chance of that happening. That family is loving ruthless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

His security detail that he definitely doesn't pay is probably having a fun time.