Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

everything is clearer now
life is just a dream that's never ending
I'm ascending

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Al! posted:

so were just going to have to get used to posting this way arent we

I am inventing a new browser that cancels the load then reloads the last page

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Al! posted:

I'm trying to read that graphic biography of Eugene Debs but the absolutely breathless pacing it takes is turning me off to it because of how many details I feel like I'm missing, so I keep coming back to check in on the thread instead to see if something has happened, but alas no, just forced memes and probably soon will come the onslaught of 3k by 4k cat pictures and random youtube songs found by searching the text of the quoted post

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

its the weekend, this happens every 7 days or so

even our big boy needs his weekend

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Epic High Five posted:

I'm trying to read that graphic biography of Eugene Debs but the absolutely breathless pacing it takes is turning me off to it because of how many details I feel like I'm missing, so I keep coming back to check in on the thread instead to see if something has happened, but alas no, just forced memes and probably soon will come the onslaught of 3k by 4k cat pictures and random youtube songs found by searching the text of the quoted post

lol i knew you would hit my level of cynicism about this thread sooner or later

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Epic High Five posted:

https://debsfoundation.org/

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Al! posted:

lol i knew you would hit my level of cynicism about this thread sooner or later

I like the thread a lot but it gets really bad whenever there's nothing going on and THC saturation hits a peak, like the SA equivalent of getting stuck next to a jam band superfan on a bus ride

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

DADDY

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

BONGHITZ posted:

its the weekend, this happens every 7 days or so

even our big boy needs his weekend

You're my big boy bonghitz

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Whatever happened with Jacob Wohls arraignment? It seems like that date came and went with no news.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Big boy needs his bonghitz

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Double post

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

We're working with them to get a showing of The Revolutionist and a panel discussion hosted here! They're cool as hell

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

I like the thread a lot but it gets really bad whenever there's nothing going on and THC saturation hits a peak, like the SA equivalent of getting stuck next to a jam band superfan on a bus ride

dont blame the thc, its just the natural progression of any megathread to get into people posting about their lovely meals and cats

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

White kids don't get punished for crimes

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Unperson_47 posted:

ligma franca

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Epic High Five posted:

smoke more weed about it

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Lastgirl posted:

spyderman, tears streaking down face:[

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Bernie could have won, Bernie can win, and Bernie shall be able to have won

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Trugp

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Can we start blurring the lady on the left when posting this picture? Something about her unsettles me deeply.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

do they dig the graves three apples deep

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

twoday posted:

bernie will had have had won

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Epic High Five posted:

dats trumo thread, basically just skip to the last page. tbf i never click any of the youtube links and i turned off embed videos along time ago.

but basically just happens in any megathread when poo poo is slow, and trump isn't making any funnies. it's just a forum version of IRC. which is fine, i like chatting wtih my fellow brokebrained trump pals

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

twoday posted:

a winning will be had, by bernie

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

crazy cloud posted:

smoke more weed about it

Once I get home!

posting while high seems like a waste tho, funny movies or games or whatever are best, or grinding in JRPGs/MMOs back in the day

being in an illegal state and my work schedule mean I still have to treat getting baked as something special, alas

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Xaris posted:

dats trumo thread, basically just skip to the last page. tbf i never click any of the youtube links and i turned off embed videos along time ago.

but basically just happens in any megathread when poo poo is slow, and trump isn't making any funnies. it's just a forum version of IRC. which is fine, i like chatting wtih my fellow brokebrained trump pals

id highly reccommend clicking on any youtube links i post because unlike the other ones mine are Important

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

haha i was checking out some old electro-industrial tracks i liked when i was a kid and i ran into this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS4XZ5TejBc

its a fuckin jam but ay yi yi! this came out in the year 2000. its like the cover of the coup album but in words.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Spergin Morlock posted:

Can we start blurring the lady on the left when posting this picture? Something about her unsettles me deeply.

try turning on your monitor

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Al! posted:

Lowtax is the whistleblower so he has to lie low for a while.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Epic High Five posted:

Once I get home!

posting while high seems like a waste tho, funny movies or games or whatever are best, or grinding in JRPGs/MMOs back in the day

being in an illegal state and my work schedule mean I still have to treat getting baked as something special, alas

Sometimes you gotta drop out of mental witch space to see what's Trumpin

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Epic High Five posted:

im in a legal state but i still do the same. basically just use it as a friday night/saturday night exclusively way to unwind and actually feel something briefly, and then spend sunday dreading going back to work. usually put on a movie and pass out.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

yeah the trump thread especially sucks and so does all of cspam and to another extent the forums. dont fuckin post here if you actually want the world to get better. just post in here to get high off your own brain problems. cspam stands for centrist spam. even saying poo poo like "go organize" "find your local leftist org" is just a meaningless platitude now because there are indeed many people doing these things and if they are not, saying such things will not convince then anyway. they want to stay on line and witness climate hyperdeath and genocide of south americans for the tremendous posting content. thats who we are. we are them

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Al! posted:

id highly reccommend clicking on any youtube links i post because unlike the other ones mine are Important

i will keep that in mind :tipshat:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
also forums are fixed :toot:

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
I figured out the real one, it's Bernie shall have been able to have won

does anyone know the name of that grammatical case

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

twoday posted:

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe is one of the most extraordinary ventures in the history of catering. It has been built on the fragmented remains of… it will be built on the fragmented… that is to say it will have been built by this time, and indeed has been—

One of the major problems encountered in time travel is not that of becoming your own father or mother. There is no problem in becoming your own father or mother that a broad-minded and well-adjusted family can't cope with. There is no problem with changing the course of history—the course of history does not change because it all fits together like a jigsaw. All the important changes have happened before the things they were supposed to change and it all sorts itself out in the end.

The major problem is simply one of grammar, and the main work to consult in this matter is Dr. Dan Streetmentioner's Time Traveler's Handbook of 1001 Tense Formations. It will tell you, for instance, how to describe something that was about to happen to you in the past before you avoided it by time-jumping forward two days in order to avoid it. The event will be descibed differently according to whether you are talking about it from the standpoint of your own natural time, from a time in the further future, or a time in the further past and is futher complicated by the possibility of conducting conversations while you are actually traveling from one time to another with the intention of becoming your own mother or father.

Most readers get as far as the Future Semiconditionally Modified Subinverted Plagal Past Subjunctive Intentional before giving up; and in fact in later aditions of the book all pages beyond this point have been left blank to save on printing costs.

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy skips lightly over this tangle of academic abstraction, pausing only to note that the term "Future Perfect" has been abandoned since it was discovered not to be.

To resume:

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe is one of the most extraordinary ventures in the history of catering.

It is built on the fragmented remains of an eventually ruined planet which is (wioll haven be) enclosed in a vast time bubble and projected forward in time to the precise moment of the End of the Universe.

This is, many would say, impossible.

In it, guests take (willan on-take) their places at table and eat (willan on-eat) sumptous meals while watching (willing watchen) the whole of creation explode around them.

This, many would say, is equally impossible.

You can arrive (mayan arrivan on-when) for any sitting you like without prior (late fore-when) reservation because you can book retrospectively, as it were, when you return to your own time (you can have on-book haventa forewhen presooning returningwenta retrohome).

This is, many would not insist, absolutely impossible.

At the restaurant you can meet and dine with (mayan meetan con with dinan on when) a fascinating cross-section of the entire population of space and time.

This, it can be explained patiently, is also impossible.

You can visit it as many times as you like (mayan on-visit re-onvisiting... and so on - for further tense correction consult Dr. Streetmentioner's book) and be sure of never meeting yourself, becauses of the embarrassment this usually causes.

This, even if the rest were true, which it isn't, is patently impossible, say the doubters.

All you have to do is deposit one penny in a savings account in your own era, and when you arrive at the End of Time the operations of compound interest means that the fabulous cost of your meal has been paid for.

This, many claim, is not merely impossible but clearly insane, which is why the advertising executives of the star system of Bastablon came up with this slogan: "If you've done six impossible things this morning, why not round it off with breakfast at Milliways, the Restaurant at the End of the Universe?"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

oh poo poo it works now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

CIA agent Sean Smith is hitting us hard, but we defeated him