Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
The dune, ibad, & the kanly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

God drat.

Someone post some Billy Jeeling excerpts for the new page

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

The Bloop posted:

The lack of self awareness needed to empty quote that the thread is bad rather than contributing in any way is staggering

Atreides nutssssssssss

Paul: "Is there a Harkonnen among you?"

Feyd: "Hark on this dick!"

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
Paul rings his local radio station to request a song:

Paul "Uh yeah, could you guys please play Africa by Toto? And can I say something while I'm on here?"

Radio host "Sure go ahead."

Paul "Yeah I just want to give a big Shadout to my Mapes! Respect."

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Very real.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

This is why no one should ever feel timid about expressing themselves creatively.

If this tripe can pass muster, what is stopping you?

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
Nice of him to leave his own review in the title.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I really hope there isn't some kind of theory that garbage ends up falling back down to Earth somehow.

We just folded trash from Ix. Many coffee grounds on Ix.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

kiimo posted:

I really hope there isn't some kind of theory that garbage ends up falling back down to Earth somehow.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

It's actually sort of weird and hilarious, way better than the dune stuff he did

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

kiimo posted:

We just folded trash from Ix. Many coffee grounds on Ix.

Many dumpsters on Ix, much better diving than those on Richese.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

@Dumpauthor

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

Spazzle posted:

@Dumpauthor

427 pages of garbage

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
So sad the water sellers died of soo-soo-sook.

I'm the son of a Duke, I have no concept of, nor need for water sel--

Sook deez nootz!

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
so The King is out on netflix and I am extremely super hype for Dune now.

Timothée Chalamet is going to kill it as Paul.

Here is his hype speech for the battle of agincourt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnJNfKjo-tA

And some dialog from earlier on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elg1ioIUD-I

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

drunkill posted:

Here is his hype speech for the battle of agincourt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnJNfKjo-tA

You are so right. The videos really show that noblesse oblige the atreides are meant to have

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

What the gently caress did you just loving say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the swordmaster school on Ganaz, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Arrakis, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in fedaykin warfare and I'm the top lasgun sniper in the entire Sardaukar army. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the gently caress out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before in this empire, mark my loving words. You think you can get away with saying that poo poo to me over a holo-vid? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of prescient sweepers across the galaxy and your no-ship is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, slig. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're loving dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Salusa Secundus Sardaukar army and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable rear end off the face of the universe, you little poo poo. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your loving tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will poo poo fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're loving dead, kiddo.

Jokerpilled Drudge fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Nov 2, 2019

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

thread good

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A FILM BOOK INTO THE SLOT. ITS ABOUT THE WEIRDING WAY AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH MY MOTHER THE LADY JESSICA. I DO EVERY MOVE AND MY MIND AFFECTS MY REALITY HARD. MAKING WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME HARKONNEN BEASTS OR EVEN WHEN I FACE A HUNTER-KILLER DRONE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY HAVE TOTALLY DESTROYED ALL SPICE PRODUCTION ON ARRAKIS. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY SIETCH AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN SIETCH TABR CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND I'VE SEEN INTO THE PLACE TERRIFYING TO WOMEN AND I'VE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY PALACE LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING ABOUT IT. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WORM RIDING EVERY MORNIng

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

drunkill posted:

hell yeah, I'm all ready to go on Jihad now.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

drunkill posted:

It's a pretty decent film and makes me realize why they casted him Timothée Chalamet Paul.

He really captures the sense of vulnerability that can be believably transform into a stone cold killer.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

lmao he has to mention his dad even in an unrelated series

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

free hubcaps posted:

lmao he has to mention his dad even in an unrelated series

Of course, that's his only accomplishment.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but you owe it to yourself to watch this great playthrough of the Dune boardgame.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I played the new reissue the other day (my tenth or eleventh playthrough) and, while there are a few tweaks I'm not fond of and the art is ugly as hell, it's still the best boardgame ever made.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Actual Cannibal Shia'Hulud

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Organic Lube User posted:

Actual Cannibal Shia'Hulud

Swimming through the sand now!

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Thanks for this, I've been meaning to learn and get into the game in prep for actually playing it and the opening rounds of this were a real help

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

They say the user lives outside the net.

Billy Jeeling... not my lover.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Tertius Oculum posted:

Billy Jeeling... not my lover.

He's just a guy whose legs don't work so good

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Yeah, this is incredibly pro click for anyone who's played less than 10 games. My friend also sent me a podcast about nerds arguing over Twilight Imperium, but they've just started a branch out series of episodes about Dune. I can link it here if anyone's interested.

Also, if there are people who want to know what the basics of the Dune Boardgame are without having to watch an hours long stream here is a great primer video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQwPqToLwjU

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Nov 5, 2019

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

A friend of mine has a copy of the OG Dune board game, and it absolutely rules.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

I've seen this episode of Futurama already.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

I'm getting through Chapterhouse and am I little confused about something. Why did the Rabbi's daughter Rebecca go through the agony but not get any ancestral memories from it? Does the agony do anything else?

Also Chapterhouse is way better than Heretics and I still hate Duncan Idaho.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

I'm getting through Chapterhouse and am I little confused about something. Why did the Rabbi's daughter Rebecca go through the agony but not get any ancestral memories from it? Does the agony do anything else?

Also Chapterhouse is way better than Heretics and I still hate Duncan Idaho.
When Jessica goes through the agony, she receives the memories from Ramallo - so presumably Other Memory involves literally passing memories from one Reverend Mother to a Bene Gesserit who then becomes a Reverend Mother as she receives the lives of her benefactor and all those who the benefactor inherited from her benefactor, and so on and so forth.

Since Rebecca didn't receive any memories from a Reverend Mother during the agony, she presumably doesn't have access to Other Memory?

EDIT: It's also heavily implied that Reverend Mothers can stretch their lives for as long as they like, but that they avoid doing it in all but the most extreme situations - ie. when they have to wait to pass on their memories to a new Reverend Mother, as Ramallo presumably did.

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Nov 6, 2019

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

D. Ebdrup posted:

EDIT: It's also heavily implied that Reverend Mothers can stretch their lives for as long as they like, but that they avoid doing it in all but the most extreme situations - ie. when they have to wait to pass on their memories to a new Reverend Mother, as Ramallo presumably did.

Isn't it explicit? Like isn't there a conversation in Children where they straight up talk about how Alia is planning to live forever with her Bene-Gesserit training and like Jessica or Irulian tell her that she can't cause it would cause everyone to turn on the Bene-Gesserit?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Yeah its a majorish plot point of Children

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I finally finished God-Emperor last night after taking a long break - it started to drag on so I left it about a hundred pages from the end, but man, does a lot of crazy poo poo happen in those last few pages. Duncan's climb making Nayla bust a nut, Leto falling into the water, dying and apparently restarting the sandtrout cycle from his remains, Duncan furiously lasgunning Nayla into a pile of gore, etc. It was a good read. Super weird. Now to find copies of Heretics and Chapterhouse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

ATP_Power posted:

Isn't it explicit? Like isn't there a conversation in Children where they straight up talk about how Alia is planning to live forever with her Bene-Gesserit training and like Jessica or Irulian tell her that she can't cause it would cause everyone to turn on the Bene-Gesserit?
I was half-remembering something that I think is from when Paul II talks with Bene Gesserit, but yeah you're absolutely right.

Mister Speaker posted:

Now to find copies of Heretics and Chapterhouse.
:allears: