Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Injuryprone posted:

I have always picked grass and this dumb monkey will put an end to that. It's worse than Meganium.

Ehhhh....he could work as a mixed attacker in a trick room? I mean I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt y'know.

Cattail Prophet posted:

Obviously you already removed it, and I know everyone's been talking about the designs openly, but so far people have been pretty good about keeping actual images behind spoiler tags, yeah?

I tried to put the spoiler tags in but they weren't working. :( In the end I thought removing it was for best in addition to it being fake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

The guidebook leak says that all remain monotype.
I feel like whoever's responsible for the Fire/Fighting types has become aware of all the complaints, but are trying to get around that problem by giving them different types while making them just as burny and punchy as their predecessors. I can't tell if it's just personal preference or if it's because kids love to see animals light their limbs on fire and hit things with them.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Supersonic Shine posted:

I feel like whoever's responsible for the Fire/Fighting types has become aware of all the complaints, but are trying to get around that problem by giving them different types while making them just as burny and punchy as their predecessors. I can't tell if it's just personal preference or if it's because kids love to see animals light their limbs on fire and hit things with them.

fire is the most shonen of the starter types, it's a natural fit

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

Flopsy posted:

Ehhhh....he could work as a mixed attacker in a trick room? I mean I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt y'know.

I can't pick him with a design like that. This will be a boxed starter gen.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Flopsy posted:

Speaking to the people looking at the leaked stats, do you think intelleon's hidden ability would do it any good or does the movepool have to leak first before you can give a definitive answer?

Will have to see the movepool, but at the very best it would be a poor man's Greninja. Like say it gets Earth Power or Moonblast, you can probably bait a ground/fairy attack with one poke, switch into Intelleon and now you have a really good stab that works off it's high special attack.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Flopsy posted:

You don't even need trick room he's got 85/85 defenses and 100 HP and is Pure grass. He's gonna be able to tank a hit or two so as long as he's got a decent move pool he's gonna be able to dish out more than he takes.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

fire is the most shonen of the starter types, it's a natural fit
That's kind of what I meant by kids loving it. What's cooler than a kung-fu punch? A kung-fu punch with a flaming fist.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
https://twitter.com/atorwulfu/status/1190352504673972225

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Some of these pokemon are good, and some are poo poo. I will not be taking questions.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

lezard_valeth posted:

Will have to see the movepool, but at the very best it would be a poor man's Greninja. Like say it gets Earth Power or Moonblast, you can probably bait a ground/fairy attack with one poke, switch into Intelleon and now you have a really good stab that works off it's high special attack.

Gotcha. I really do love this guy and I want to run the best possible set on him but I feel like it's too early in the game to lay down any concrete plans. At least Gamefreak looked at the speed stats from the last Gen and realized they needed to get that poo poo in order.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

You don't even need trick room he's got 85/85 defenses and 100 HP and is Pure grass. He's gonna be able to tank a hit or two so as long as he's got a decent move pool he's gonna be able to dish out more than he takes.

Mmm....maybe an assault vest along with a draining move could give him some longevity.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

rillaboom is gonna be all over VGC and i'm ready for it

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Brother Entropy posted:

rillaboom is gonna be all over VGC and i'm ready for it

Intimidate, p. bulky AND decent attack stats means you're gonna see him yeah.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
They're gonna put Rillaboom in SSBU and give it DK's old Final Smash.

Just kidding. A fully evolved Grass starter will never be playable in Smash.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Love the Cuttlefish luchadores. But more importantly...

Pentaro posted:

One of these days Gamefreak will remember my boy Kingler.
:haw::love:

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
After that strategy guide picture and some not-sleazy fanart, I take back the negative things I said about Sobble. It's okay.

It will probably be voiced by Tom Holland in Detective Pikachu 2.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Okay now I may be swayed from spy lizard so I can call my Rillaboom "Russell" or maybe "Del the Funky Pokemon"

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Here's the list of who's cut and who's staying:

green= in
red= cut
orange= new regional evolution
blue = galarian form.
I'm shocked and overjoyed that my favorite ghosts and fairies made it.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I saw the boxing octopus and I burst into tears I love them so much

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
https://twitter.com/Eric_Lostie/status/1190688969903804416

the fanart is rear end ugly, but gotta agree that it would have been waaaay cooler if Rillaboom's drum was part of it's chest for that gorilla chest pounding vibe

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Holy gently caress, I was super excited to see what Impidimp would turn into and I am not disappointed.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Holy gently caress, I was super excited to see what Impidimp would turn into and I am not disappointed.

Impidimp decided to hit the gym.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Nanomachines, son

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Impidimp2: I'm something of a scientist myself.

Impidimp3: finish the prayer!

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
What's remarkable about Impidimp, Morgrem and Grimsnarl, is that much like Ghastly, Haunter and Gengar I would gladly keep all 3 on a team on account of how they look.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I was wondering if we were going to get a troll.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Certainly better than the noodly armed blob it was.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

lezard_valeth posted:

https://twitter.com/Eric_Lostie/status/1190688969903804416

the fanart is rear end ugly, but gotta agree that it would have been waaaay cooler if Rillaboom's drum was part of it's chest for that gorilla chest pounding vibe
That would've been neat but I really like what we got a lot more.

Also these are my favorite kind of fake leaks because the Japanese is so dang simple and obviously Google translated that it's obviously fake at a glance. Find a native speaker to collaborate with, dang.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Cracking up at Intimidate Gorilla and the fastest starter ever with a Blaze Kick as powerful as a nuke and the third gets... Colour Change

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
Regardless of how OP the rabbit may or may not be, I'm still picking Rillaboom so I have an excuse to blast the DK Rap all the time

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Shneak posted:

Cracking up at Intimidate Gorilla and the fastest starter ever with a Blaze Kick as powerful as a nuke and the third gets... Colour Change

Yeah...wish they'd come with something specific to him like primarina got last gen.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
New batch just got posted. Rapidash, Rolycoly, and Yamper

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
wow cool thanks for the info

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

qnqnx posted:

Certainly better than the noodly armed blob it was.

you take that back you moldy bread slice

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
There's one more new line of Pokemon coming but the direct screenshot leaker is using 4chan and there's a 10 minute cooldown period between threads.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Evos for Yamper and Rolycoly plus Galarian Rapidash

Boltund

Carkol

Coalossal

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Is impidimp the pseudo

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Rookidee

Corvisquire

e: confirmed to be Corviknight prevos

Procrastine fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Nov 3, 2019

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

I'm personally really disappointed at Coalossal. Carkoal is fine (even if I would change the head slightly), it fits the design beats of Rolycoly, but why would you then chuck that out the window and make it turn into another large bipedal monster ala Rhyperior? Such a shame.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I am never evolving my bird into Corviknight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
the majority of these mons loving rule