Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

jarofpiss posted:

ugh trying to watch airbrush tutorial videos on youtube (starting a custom tshirt business) and this guy is left handed

Just turn your monitor upside down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

FizFashizzle posted:

as far as bill yeah all hes signed is that tax bill and like renaming post offices

but the executive orders have been horrific, and by the end of his presidency 1/4 of all judges will have been appointed by him

Well at least congress dutifully does their annual review of executive orders to determine if they are still relevant. What do you mean they've never done it in the entire history of emergency orders?

Nevertheless, all the chudges will just get impeached. Surely no sane congress would let 35 year olds that were rated as not eligible by their professional society and have never even been a judge or worked a trial sit out their 69 years of lifetime appointment.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

Turdfuzz posted:

Already posted. Get with the times.

I went back like five whole posts and didn't see it and if you think I'm gonna put in more effort than that buddy I dunno waht to tell ya

PDP-1
Oct 12, 2004

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.
i was there and the crowd was saying Doooo...onald Trump!

i was having the time of my life, as were all of my trump-supporting friends who were just out of frame

stupid fake media reporting it otherwise

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Zyla posted:

life is ephemeria, enjoy the fuckin ride you only get one of it

i still mourn waffleimages

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Archive anxiety is valid

there's people out there that archive every day of a girl's webcame, every fuckin second, in massive storage places, just terabytes and terabytes

it is confusing and sad

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

PDP-1 posted:

i was there and the crowd was saying Doooo...onald Trump!

i was having the time of my life, as were all of my trump-supporting friends who were just out of frame

stupid fake media reporting it otherwise

You will never, ever again see Trump attend a public event with a crowd that isn't carefully vetted.

Then again I said this two days ago

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

GLOSS posted:

I went back like five whole posts and didn't see it and if you think I'm gonna put in more effort than that buddy I dunno waht to tell ya

this is going in your permanent cspam file

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Asproigerosis posted:

Well at least congress dutifully does their annual review of executive orders to determine if they are still relevant. What do you mean they've never done it in the entire history of emergency orders?

Nevertheless, all the chudges will just get impeached. Surely no sane congress would let 35 year olds that were rated as not eligible by their professional society and have never even been a judge or worked a trial sit out their 69 years of lifetime appointment.

riiiight

if theres one thing congress hates its doing work

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

cumshitter posted:

see if you qualify for a lower private loan. the IRS charges daily compounding interest

interest rates are low and going down further. if the economy crashes they will probably hit negative interest or some poo poo, there is no way the Fed is raising interest rates in a down economy

I mean, see about an OIC first before going that route just to see if you can get a lower lump-sum settlement amount. Also depending on the nature of the individual liability tax debt can actually be dischargeable in bankruptcy, though there are a lot of caveats there dependent on the nature of the debt, audits, intervening OIC's and whether the returns were filed directly or were generated via SFR.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Inspector Hound posted:

Is there a podcast I should be following

There isn't one without terrible hosts.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

i still mourn waffleimages

dont get me wrong it was a sad day for LP's but then i kept living my life

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Thanks dude, also I'm real fuckin dumb so I use HR Block online just because I've used them for ten years lolllll

H&R block is fine they are a large company and they have streamlined a pretty straightforward if technical process

although they are not that great. long story short, i had an 80 year old client who took her dead husband's IRA as an inherited IRA. without going in to too many details, this was the worst way to do it. higher withdrawals for her and her heirs. meaning, less time that money could be in a tax-advantaged account

a private accountant could have solved that poo poo instantly and explained the spousal rollover (converting the inherited IRA to one in her name) before the tax deadline but the lady at H&R block made them wait several additional months to get the rollover tax form. for whatever reason they are issued around july each year

anyway even when you file for an extension you pay small penalties for it and this woman's ignorance or laziness cost them a couple bucks. not a big deal, she's rich, but just not very competent

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Pancakes posted:

There's no incentive to not sell; once they sell the debt they don't care if it gets paid or not. They're selling the debt because they either lack the infrastructure to collect directly or don't believe they'll ever be able to get anything out of the debtor and are cutting their losses.

ok. i figured they might cut off their noses to trigger the libs

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Inspector Hound posted:

Is there a podcast I should be following

dont listen to podcast you have chip in ur brain

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
thx k.thx

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Pancakes posted:

There's no incentive to not sell; once they sell the debt they don't care if it gets paid or not. They're selling the debt because they either lack the infrastructure to collect directly or don't believe they'll ever be able to get anything out of the debtor and are cutting their losses.

its insane to me you are allowed to sell debt but :shrug:

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Pancakes posted:

I mean, see about an OIC first before going that route just to see if you can get a lower lump-sum settlement amount. Also depending on the nature of the individual liability tax debt can actually be dischargeable in bankruptcy, though there are a lot of caveats there dependent on the nature of the debt, audits, intervening OIC's and whether the returns were filed directly or were generated via SFR.

yeah good point depending on earnings a negotation may be a good option. i owe some money to the IRS but its not worth disputing because the money i could potentially save is equal to the cost of fighting it

thats why youre the debt guy

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

I'm just not gonna pay my debts.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Pancakes posted:

oh

i see!!

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Turdfuzz posted:

same lol

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Turdfuzz posted:

private debtors can't garnish in my state so gently caress em

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Money isn't even real what's the big deal like just don't pay hahaha

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Turdfuzz posted:

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Turdfuzz posted:

it is your civic duty

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

NPR played an hour's worth of pro-Buttigieg propaganda this afternoon and it was nothing but softball questions.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Turdfuzz posted:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lmao that the president neglected his kids to Michael Jackson

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Zeriel posted:

Money isn't even real what's the big deal like just don't pay hahaha

it isnt real but that doesnt mean it cant kill u

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Zyla posted:

its insane to me you are allowed to sell debt but :shrug:

This is America

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

Turdfuzz posted:

they're going to take away your posts

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Hold a private party at a bar and charge $50,000 for tickets. Send however many tickets you need to the IRS to cancel out your debt. Bing bong

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Bert Roberge posted:

NPR played an hour's worth of pro-Buttigieg propaganda this afternoon and it was nothing but softball questions.

buttman is a golem made of npr transcripts

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Turdfuzz posted:

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Zyla posted:

dont get me wrong it was a sad day for LP's but then i kept living my life

You're a sociopath.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Bert Roberge posted:

NPR played a story last week about how good the Taiwanese protestors were because they were explicitly only targeting anti-democracy businesses when they vandalize things.

Oddly enough, American antifa protests or the Seattle G8 are just thugs that destroy everything.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/LLW902/status/1190707632782356482

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
when he farts it sounds like someone saying 'i'm magna chakravarty'

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

money sounds like a real hassle

Adbot