Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I have a gift for y'all. But, you need to do a little work to get it. Just hit play and listen until the end. Don't worry about it being Fox News.

https://twitter.com/heckyessica/status/1190830753338347522

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
That’s all kinds of perfect.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I will unironically support and campaign door to door for the first Democrat to answer a question with “Jeffrey Epstein did not kill himself.”

Seriously- “Senator- What is your plan to deal with the national debt?”

“Jeff Epstein didn’t kill himself chuck, and that’s something we all need to realize.”

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I will unironically support and campaign door to door for the first Democrat to answer a question with “Jeffrey Epstein did not kill himself.”

Seriously- “Senator- What is your plan to deal with the national debt?”

“Jeff Epstein didn’t kill himself chuck, and that’s something we all need to realize.”

Sounds like a good way to end up on the Tulsi Gabbard ticket.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Did de Blasio drop out already?

He voiced his opinion about it the other day.

https://www.politico.com/states/new-york/albany/story/2019/10/31/de-blasio-something-doesnt-fit-about-jeffrey-epsteins-death-1226158

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

yeah like 3 or 4 weeks ago

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

facialimpediment posted:

I have a gift for y'all. But, you need to do a little work to get it. Just hit play and listen until the end. Don't worry about it being Fox News.

gonna have to add "epstein necatus est" to the end of all my public speeches and communications

bobbyjoe
Mar 9, 2013
Amazing 105.5 radio sputnik is still on the air in DC. Hopefully isn't shaping any policy but with that "Ukraine hacked the DNC" theory still holding water with people who knows.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

facialimpediment posted:

Seriously that woman reacts to him saying that like I react to all Epstein Memes.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/jeffprob...es%2findex.html

the navy seal from the first season of survivor passed. he was 92 and on the show when he was 71.

i remember the dude got like 3rd or something

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/jeffprob...es%2findex.html

the navy seal from the first season of survivor passed. he was 92 and on the show when he was 71.

i remember the dude got like 3rd or something

That’s the only season of survivor I’ve seen. He was a pretty stereotypical Vietnam vet, cranky and continuously bitching. He always commented how he hated everyone and didn’t understand the dude who ended up winning (and who he basically made win due to his vote).

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
https://www.stripes.com/news/us/midshipmen-establish-study-group-for-satanic-temple-beliefs-at-us-naval-academy-1.605427

They need this at the Air Force Academy.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Sounds like it’s the better of the 2 main satanic groups, and not “libertarianism, but as a religion” like Lavey’s group is.

Hail Satan!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Icon Of Sin posted:

Hail SS-18 Satan! May his passage cleanse the Earth.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Icon Of Sin posted:

Sounds like it’s the better of the 2 main satanic groups, and not “libertarianism, but as a religion” like Lavey’s group is.

Hail Satan!

Watch the documentary "Hail Satan". It's really good because it covers the whole spectrum of their organization. Some of them take it way too seriously and some are in it for the trolling.

Edit: Bonus points if you have a baller home theater setup and watch it in an apartment really loud to weird out the neighbors.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/PressSec/status...ingawful.com%2F

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

TIL Fry's dog from Futurama was real

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loyalty_(monument)

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

That’s the only season of survivor I’ve seen. He was a pretty stereotypical Vietnam vet, cranky and continuously bitching. He always commented how he hated everyone and didn’t understand the dude who ended up winning (and who he basically made win due to his vote).

That sounds like every vet.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

So weird to get caught in a freak dust storm at this time of the day and in this part of the country but here we are.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i mean besides voting on stuff leading up to the 4th impeachment ever

and also waiting out on beto long enough (finally jfc)

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

I have been reliably informed via tweet by the man who would at one point become president that you are not supposed to give credit to the president when the military kills a terrorist target. The timing of such a prescient statement is a little weird, but the sentiment is very obvious.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

hey just had a highdea bc i just worked an extra hour on my overnight shift and yes im blasting off to help with the time change

the best sneak attack dem candidate to announce right now

the guy who's been talking about climate change longer than anyone

also got that clinton taint for extra scary presidential polls

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Bah gawd is that Al Gores music?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

IT'S THE INCONVENIENT TRUTH! AL GORE OFF THE TOP ROPE WITH THE INCONVENIENT TRUTH!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

if he came running into the political ring with a folding chair screaming "CLIMATE CHANGE" there's a not zero chance he'd get a youth vote if young people actually voted

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

hey just had a highdea bc i just worked an extra hour on my overnight shift and yes im blasting off to help with the time change

the guy who's been talking about climate change longer than anyone

also got that clinton taint for extra scary presidential polls

OK, this is an actually good high-dea.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i mean at this point id vote for him

once he apologized for killing DAT tapes

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

if he came running into the political ring with a folding chair screaming "CLIMATE CHANGE" there's a not zero chance he'd get a youth vote if young people actually voted

If politics started to emulate pro wrestling, it would be a vast improvement.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

BigDave posted:

If politics started to emulate pro wrestling, it would be a vast improvement.

also i want british style candidates wearing various qualities of costumes

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Al "The Lockbox" Gore

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

In a 5-4 ruling, the Supreme Court deems that Gore's DDT was lacking and therefore awards the belt, and with that the Presidency, to...

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

realtalk there should totally be a Presidential Title Belt that is handed over at the Inauguration

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

realtalk there should totally be a Presidential Title Belt that is handed over at the Inauguration

The nuclear football case could probably use some decoration anyway.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

didn't know about that one, but i did know about hachikō

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I just clicked through the list of "Faithful Dogs" on wiki.

We don't deserve dogs.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Icon Of Sin posted:

Hail SS-18 Satan! May his passage cleanse the Earth.

Related to the recent The Day After/Threads discussion: From the same time, there was a Soviet animated short of Ray Bradbury's "There Will Come Soft Rains" but it doesn't have quite the same punch as the other mid-80s nuclear apocalypse movies.
The Ray Bradbury short story is itself based on a poem by Sara Teasdale:

quote:

There will come soft rains and the smell of the ground,
And swallows calling with their shimmering sound;

And frogs in the pools singing at night,
And wild plum-trees in tremulous white;

Robins will wear their feathery fire
Whistling their whims on a low fence-wire;

And not one will know of the war, not one
Will care at last when it is done.

Not one would mind, neither bird nor tree
If mankind perished utterly;

And Spring herself, when she woke at dawn,
Would scarcely know that we were gone.

The last two stanzas have a very "Hail SS-18 Satan! May his passage cleanse the Earth" vibe to them, which is remarkable for a work written a generation before nuclear weapons.

Doc Hawkins posted:

didn't know about that one, but i did know about hachikō
Also Greyfriars Bobby:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm done arguing with people for today. Literally just got into it with a guy at work, because he's never read the entire constitution. Like, never heard of the 18th amendment (and subsequently the 21st) banning alcohol. Pitching a bitch fit about republican talking points. Literally asked him if he's ever read the drat thing, "just the parts I like."

Motherfucker, it's not fifty shades of gray, it's not supposed to get you hard because you keep rereading the same passages.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

That's some good poo poo. But it also led me to The Little Mermaid statue in Copenhagen which has had a bizarrely violent history.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I'm done arguing with people for today. Literally just got into it with a guy at work, because he's never read the entire constitution. Like, never heard of the 18th amendment (and subsequently the 21st) banning alcohol. Pitching a bitch fit about republican talking points. Literally asked him if he's ever read the drat thing, "just the parts I like."

Motherfucker, it's not fifty shades of gray, it's not supposed to get you hard because you keep rereading the same passages.

I wonder if the parts he likes are the ones where blacks are counted as 3/5ths of a person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Who the gently caress sits around reading the constitution?