Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Niwrad posted:

If you're a tall white guy with no skills, Ryan Pace is going to fall in love.

Seriously, Shaheen has to be one of the worst players in the NFL. What does he do?

Produces carbon dioxide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Worst part is we'll still get another year of Pace and Nagy. Likely more for Pace since he is friendly and that matters more to the McCaskeys than winning.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

mastershakeman posted:

Presumably that was one of the all time worst offensive halves for the bears. Mitch finished with 125 yards, two of his completions were a huge chuck for 53 and then a dumpoff the rb took for 30. How can you possibly send him out again next week? It's insane how bad he is and the few times he hits the wrs they aren't even ready to catch it

I dunno, I saw a heroic effort by a young quarterback to carry his team back to within a TD plus 2pt conversion. Seems unfair to penalize Trubisky for a special teams failure ending the game. It’s not Trubisky’s fault his teammates denied him a chance to lead the game tying drive.

Clearly he just needs more time and in game experience. :getin:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

BGrifter posted:

Clearly he just needs more time and in game experience. :getin:

FOUR MORE YEARS!
FOUR MORE YEARS!
FOUR MORE YEARS!
FOUR MORE YEARS!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

LabyaMynora posted:

FOUR MORE YEARS!
FOUR MORE YEARS!
FOUR MORE YEARS!
FOUR MORE YEARS!

I mean, it would be CRAZY for the Bears not to resign Trubisky to a huge contract. Did you see how high he was drafted?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

BGrifter posted:

I mean, it would be CRAZY for the Bears not to resign Trubisky to a huge contract. Did you see how high he was drafted?

Draft capital - Trubisky has it.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

bears are in win-now mode, so they should trade their young promising high-upside qb, mitch truniski, for an elderly game-manager type qb such as tom brady, drew brees, philip rivers, or aaron rodger

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Bring back Brian Hoyer.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Chuckle it up while you can, there's no way you'll get a third hall of fame QB who plays for more than a decade...

...right? :ohdear:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Guy A. Person posted:

Chuckle it up while you can, there's no way you'll get a third hall of fame QB who plays for more than a decade...

Yeah, we will.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

LabyaMynora posted:

Yeah, we will.

gently caress!

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Pace took Trubisky and Shaheen 1 and 2 in the 2017 draft.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

never hang on to a QB past the age of 30 imho

dont want to go the way of the new york giants or new england patriots

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Stafford is having an MVP year and this defense is gonna flush it down the toilet lmao

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Niwrad posted:

Pace took Trubisky and Shaheen 1 and 2 in the 2017 draft.

Roquan and Cohen have regressed, all he has left that are excellent picks are Fuller and Eddie Jackson , then a bunch of depth d linemen

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Guy A. Person posted:

Honestly the Packers could spend the rest of my life in the cellar with Trubisky-level quarterback play and I’d still feel like it was a pretty good deal. Any wins after the second Super Bowl were just icing on the cake.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

BGrifter posted:

Honestly the Packers could spend the rest of my life in the cellar with Trubisky-level quarterback play and I’d still feel like it was a pretty good deal. Any wins after the second Super Bowl were just icing on the cake.

Please, you guys will be complete sad sacks two years after Rodgers is done.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

mastershakeman posted:

Roquan and Cohen have regressed, all he has left that are excellent picks are Fuller and Eddie Jackson , then a bunch of depth d linemen

Pace didn't draft Fuller.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

MJeff posted:

Bet you thought the same about Favre.

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

Rectal Placenta posted:

Is there any scheming to help him out at all, or is it a lost cause at this point?

They've had some modest success the past two weeks running the ball out of the I-formation and setting up play action passes, but they haven't really stuck with it drive-to-drive and even an average defense will eventually be able to just stack the box and make Mitch beat them with his arm anyways

Even if Nagy commits more to the run (like he needs to), Mitch is still a lost cause

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

BRING HIM BACK

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

MJeff posted:

I’m a lifelong Toronto Maple Leafs fan, a team that hasn’t won a championship since 1967. I think I’ll be juuuuuuuuuust fine with two Super Bowl wins in my lifetime.

Incidentally, 1967 was a good year. :woop:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

LabyaMynora posted:

Bet you thought the same about Favre.

He stopped playing before I started watching, so, doubtful.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
kirk cousins sucks rear end yet again

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Thielen didn't play.
Diggs had 4 yards.
Cook had 71 yards on the ground, against one of the league's worst run defenses heading into the game.
TREADWELL was the leading receiver.
PAT missed.
Gave up a 91 yard TD run.
Kirk 50% completion.
Pretty questionable play calling (38 pass, 27 rush plays), especially in the 4th.
Fairly friendly away crowd (lot of purple in those stands).

A lot went sideways that game for the Vikings. If they executed like a professional team, that was a W for sure. Just like the franchise though, always close but never the winner.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

R.D. Mangles posted:

BRING HIM BACK

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Vikings couldn't beat the chiefs without Mahomes hehehehe

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Vikings lost so Green Bay's playing like trash in LA to keep the NFC North close.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Guys, is the NFC North....bad?! :ohdear:

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

MJeff posted:

Guys, is the NFC North....bad?! :ohdear:

They certainly are this week.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
the Packers look god drat awful

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

nerve posted:

the Packers look god drat awful

This team is nowhere near as good as 7-1 would suggest. Not that anyone will believe us.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
What the hell is going on with the Packers today? I thought there was a reasonable chance we’d drop the game, but it would be a close game at least. Save for LAC not following through in the RZ this is a complete blow out.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

BGrifter posted:

This team is nowhere near as good as 7-1 would suggest. Not that anyone will believe us.

Yea we should really be 5-3, maybe 4-4. This whole season's been chill though considering I assumed we'd be a 6 and 10 team.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Anti-Hero posted:

What the hell is going on with the Packers today? I thought there was a reasonable chance we’d drop the game, but it would be a close game at least. Save for LAC not following through in the RZ this is a complete blow out.

West Coast game + daylight savings end + flight got in late = meltdown.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Yeah that makes sense.

Agreed on our record being inflated. I definitely don’t think this is the year for a super bowl push. We’ve had a couple of surprise wins, but never have I watched us against a quality opponent this year and thought “yes, this is a complete team”.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
NFC North 0-4 is so close.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Stafford's QB rating splits by quarter this year (not including today but it was more of the samw):

All 50-60 pass samples, but this is at least the third game I can think of off the top of my head where he's balled out in the first quarter and been just okay for the rest of the game.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Everyone has a lovely game it happens

The patriots even have some every like three years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

BGrifter posted:

I believe you. Packers are made of paper.