Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

this_picture_is_looking_at_me_and_i_dont_like_it.jpg

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

https://twitter.com/birdsarentreal/status/1022896158392426496

ShadowSpectre
Oct 6, 2016

As if she ever sent you out and didn’t just leave you at the conveyer to get them herself. Anxiety is the checkout doubling in speed the moment she leaves.

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Cause the world's already poo poo, this is just more of the same.

making GBS threads into a big pot of poo poo-stew isn't going phase anyone at this point.

Keeping the fact that human trafficking and the billionaire rape islands in circulation as "things that exist and shouldn't be approved of" is a net good given our impotent positions as peasants. Life really isn't that far out from out from the fairy tales where dragons or vampires or ogres come to the village to demand the prettiest girls as tribute once a month.

"I couldn't find them."

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Heath posted:

You know Epstein literally ran a high level billionaire rape island right

How is it that that concept alone is not the single biggest thing on everyone's mind?

Is it the single biggest thing on your mind?

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

This rules but I'm kinda mad it isn't reversed. I've always kinda rooted for the vegetal cat and it's weird to think of him losing :(

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Moon Slayer posted:

Is it the single biggest thing on your mind?

Rhetorical phrasing. The man ran a sophisticated child brothel island for society's elite, kidnapped young women to become sex slaves and was for some reason at the very least allowed to die in prison mere days after his arrest, and the problem goons have with it is that they have to be reminded of it in the meme thread. You dullard. You loving clod

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Wasn't there 4 Ghostbusters?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Yeah but we don’t put minorities on posters.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Winston has the best scene in Ghostbusters 2 and they do him dirty like this.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Heath posted:

the problem goons have with it

:hmmno:

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

I never understood why they perched on power lines before knowing they have inductive charging coils.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

https://twitter.com/MaryoZimmerman/status/1190458166229848064

https://twitter.com/twoalmonds/status/1190007900439224320

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Eddie Murphy said "no."

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

https://twitter.com/russianmemesltd/status/1190948736538513408

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

https://twitter.com/hegelbon/status/492741034749620224?lang=en

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
I watched Dune yesterday for the first time and those memes would have been absolutely baffling to me 24 hours ago.

Honestly the whole thing is still kinda baffling.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

beanieson posted:

I watched Dune yesterday for the first time and those memes would have been absolutely baffling to me 24 hours ago.

Honestly the whole thing is still kinda baffling.

There's a reason David Lynch disavowed it

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
The SciFi miniseries does a better job of telling the story, but it's Sting-less so it's hard to recommend

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Heath posted:

Rhetorical phrasing. The man ran a sophisticated child brothel island for society's elite, kidnapped young women to become sex slaves and was for some reason at the very least allowed to die in prison mere days after his arrest, and the problem goons have with it is that they have to be reminded of it in the meme thread. You dullard. You loving clod

If it wasn't for the meme thread I never would have even known who he was or that he'd been arrested, since I stopped checking the news over a year ago and actively go out of my way to avoid learning about current events. Coincidental, my mental health and overall happiness has never been better.

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

Azhais posted:

The SciFi miniseries does a better job of telling the story, but it's Sting-less so it's hard to recommend
The movie is a hot mess, but the imagery has come to define dune. The only imagery that I love from the sci-fi series is the foppish Sardaukar.

E: also, don't forget to mention Patrick Stewart.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Heath posted:

You know Epstein literally ran a high level billionaire rape island right

How is it that that concept alone is not the single biggest thing on everyone's mind?

Probably because we only get truly affected by things happening to those we know and care about?

Like, my niece has croup and hasn't slept for a week, while in that same time a thousand kids on another continent were conscripted into child armies

I know which one is Objectively More Bad but guess which one is on my mind

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah I loving love movies and am not one to ever really say ThE bOok Is BeTtEr ThAn ThE mOvIe ....... but Dune is a goddamn amazing book and the movie is a hot mess, story wise

The visuals are amazing, but the story gets lost. I think it may be an unfilmable novel but I'm sure hoping Villeneuve proves me wrong

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
https://twitter.com/DanielWienerson/status/1190933583646429184

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
oh poo poo it's the timbler

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

so fresh

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

im so scared but it looks so good tf

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

im so scared but it looks so good tf

no word of a lie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

i am prepared for Starsector memes. bring them on.