Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

lmfao action failed to qualify for ksl :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Y'all need to watch this game (Mind Shine game 3). It's, uh, something special.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/496501208?t=05h04m33s

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

Lol, thank you for linking that, it was beautiful.

drepimetheus
Aug 10, 2018
"They both know that this is wrong". Great game. Thanks for the link, Elyv.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Elyv posted:

i watched this live but didn't feel like scrubbing through the vod to find it again so thanks for linking it

"but what if this is brilliant"

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

Jesus that game lmao, Tasteless had me rolling

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

"but what if this is brilliant"

not even a GG at the end, and the observer doesn't leave immediately holy poo poo I'm crying

Zombies magazine fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Oct 24, 2019

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

KSL Day 1
KSL Day 2

I've only just started watching so I can't comment on the games but they do have Rapid/NoRegret instead of Tastosis

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
rapid and noregret even have occasional moments of chemistry

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
will tastosis do KSL at all?

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

JollyPubJerk posted:

will tastosis do KSL at all?

Pretty sure they were doing Blizzcon/SC2 stuff last week, I’d assume they’ll be back

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

woof, this is going to be a rough time for Zerg enthusiasts going forward

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
wow, group B losers match, game 3 has some seriously good s t a s i s being cast

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Aces High posted:

woof, this is going to be a rough time for Zerg enthusiasts going forward

boy is it ever

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
worth remembering that no zerg players have been eliminated yet...

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Heavy_D posted:

worth remembering that no zerg players have been eliminated yet...

the best zerg players in the tournament are fuckin modesty and sacsri lmfao

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

while they may not have been eliminated, the games have not been fun to watch

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

New DLC for Aoe2 is out: Dynasties of India
I expect the most from Soma and Zero, at least judging by online stuff I've seen lately.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

snow is extremely going to win ksl

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

snow is extremely going to win ksl

Or maybe zergs shouldn't be written off?

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Elyv posted:

Ahahahahah you weren't wrong. Pro watch for anyone who hasn't yet

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Gmaz posted:

Or maybe zergs shouldn't be written off?

if soma keeps playing like he did vs. snow then maybe he'll go places. but he's always underperformed in the past, so i am dubious that he will be able to consistently put up games like he did this week. i'd love to be wrong though since i'm a zerg player and would like to see a zerg player come in and contest for the ksl, especially since as it stands i think it will be a protoss-only semifinals and finals.

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

As I understand current meta favors zerg in ZvP, and terrans are not looking any stronger than zerg name wise (no Flash, Last, Sharp is already out) so I think we'll see at least one zerg in the semis.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
Snow v Sorry game 3 is sick for seeing a win on the back of such basic and elementary control every player has to know but done incredibly well. There were other things going on in the game, obviously, but the most important part was just doing the basics brilliantly.

Game 4 :staredog:

Neurosis fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Nov 14, 2019

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

lmao @ soma vs. best game 2

e:please keep this up soma you're our greatest hope

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Nov 15, 2019

a cow
May 6, 2007

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

lmao @ soma vs. best game 2

e:please keep this up soma you're our greatest hope

will have to go back and watch that. just caught the last bo5, really fun zvp!

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

Two zergs in semis :getin:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Gmaz posted:

Two zergs in semis :getin:

pretty happy to be basically totally wrong about this ksl so far~

NoDamage
Dec 2, 2000
This tournament has produced some really good matches so far.

Ro16: Snow vs Sorry games 3 and 4. Snow manages to pull out two victories from behind on the back of insane micro. Still can't believe how he managed to survive game 4.

Ro8: Zero vs Mini was a great back and forth series to watch. Zero's micro was on point in game 5 and he managed to perfectly split hydras to dodge storms over and over again.

anchorpunch
Mar 30, 2006
Yes indeed! I didn't have a chance to watch a whole lot yet unfortunately but there were some really great matches already. What a great game this is! Fairly amusing casting too, it can be quite fun to listen to tasteless+artosis having a good time and goofing around

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Am I crazy or does Soma just have way better macro than any other Zerg out there? It seems like his supply almost always keeps pace with P or T. Granted “infinity hydras” isn’t going to work as a strategy forever but...I have no idea how he manages it.

anchorpunch
Mar 30, 2006

NoDamage posted:

This tournament has produced some really good matches so far.

Ro16: Snow vs Sorry games 3 and 4. Snow manages to pull out two victories from behind on the back of insane micro. Still can't believe how he managed to survive game 4.

Ro8: Zero vs Mini was a great back and forth series to watch. Zero's micro was on point in game 5 and he managed to perfectly split hydras to dodge storms over and over again.

yes those we were amazing, I really enjoyed mini vs zero, but while zero of course it deserves to go on i liked mini's wins much better. The mass zealot game was great, generally a more surprising and entertaining style from mini imho, unfortunately not a more successful one [/spoiler

NoDamage
Dec 2, 2000
Ro4 series 1: Man, Rain looks unstoppable right now. Definitely the favorite to win the tournament. I don't really get why Zergs are so committed to hydras in ZvP right now. It seems like once the Protoss gets enough templars then storm starts melting them pretty quickly. And the more hydras you get, the harder it is to control them all to perfectly dodge every storm. Zero barely scraped by vs Mini in the last round, against Rain it looked like he barely stood a chance.

a cow
May 6, 2007

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
soma vs light g3 excellent composure from light, but what a throw by soma

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

Man, lack of experience really showed itself in Soma vs Light match. Those were some crazy throws.

NoDamage
Dec 2, 2000

a cow posted:

soma vs light g3 excellent composure from light, but what a throw by soma
Just caught up on the second series. Yeah he choked so hard. How do you kill off the ebay, academy, and command center, and still manage to lose the game?!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

hopefully soma keeps improving, he looked real good this tournament until he choked the semis away

also rain is going to extremely steamroll light

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I'm so happy to see Light going to a finals, he's been really good for like 10 years :unsmith: I still remember how he looked when he lost that MSL semifinals to Jaedong in game 5, it made me sad

I mean he's going to get absolutely destroyed by Rain, which is unfortunate, but Light might be the one player I'm most happy to see successful

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Well it's 2-2 right now so no matter what he's not getting destroyed, these games have actually been extremely good it's not some fluky cheese or something

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Yeah this is the best bw finals in a long time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I'm actually so happy

good series