Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Tonight is a night for war wilf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

"I loved your letter to the Corinthians!"

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Dear sir, send pants at once.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Dear sir, send pants at once.

People say "rack" to me a lot!

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

I can't believe people call me a psycho. I'm gonna take those people's heads and carve 'em into ashtrays!

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!
Think of my family in Latvia!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Mister Kingdom posted:

People say "rack" to me a lot!

Okay, time out, everyone go up a shirt size!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Which was the episode that opened with Forrester and Frank playing carpenters?

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

Davros1 posted:

San Francisco International maybe?

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars
That's correct.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Okay, time out, everyone go up a shirt size!

Yeah, I'll take a walk...

Over to Kirk DOUGLAS' HOUSE!

That always cracks me up.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Deb is private stock!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

Thanks!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Davros1 posted:

That bit has a special place in my heart because most of my family are carpenters and it's not far off from the reality.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Forrester’s facial reaction to the power saw is one of my favorite moment’s in any of the host segments.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

In the theater waiting for the live show to start!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

:geno: muh nose wheel's mushy :geno:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sash! posted:

:geno: muh nose wheel's mushy :geno:

"The answer, my friend, is blow it out your rear end." :smug:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oh, he's a made for TV hippie

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
Davey, are you familiar with a thing called “reality”?

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
The faces of those you've wronged should be floating up at you now

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Looks like Club MST3K is back.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Live show was a lot of fun. They did a pretty good job with the puppets, especially Crow who did a lot of full body work. Also they have officially transitioned Gypsy's name to GPC.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
That's pretty nice honestly, I'm surprised they'd think to do it at all let alone actually change it

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Please, terrifying and dubbed santa, Ive been a moderately good boy all year. Can I have a turkey day miracle of another season of MST3K?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

flatluigi posted:

That's pretty nice honestly, I'm surprised they'd think to do it at all let alone actually change it

It started when somebody brought it to Joel's attention on Twitter, if I remember right. Same for some of the more off-color jokes in RiffTrax.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Rifftrax is Mike but they seem very aware of changing attitudes to the point they've gone back and redone jokes in older riffs to remove offense.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

"It means you're getting a divorce."

"Yes, and I don't want custody."

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

"At least I'll always have Battlestar Galactica! That'll never get cancelled!"

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
There's an unsubstantiated report that the movies owned by Susan Hart, who hasn't allowed them to come out on video, are finally being released next year. That includes the movies in five unreleased MST3K episodes.

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=322711

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Action Jacktion posted:

There's an unsubstantiated report that the movies owned by Susan Hart, who hasn't allowed them to come out on video, are finally being released next year. That includes the movies in five unreleased MST3K episodes.

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=322711

That's interesting. Conversely I just read the reason that Volume XXI (the Gamera one) is now only available secondhand because Sandy Frank pulled the rights from Shout Factory. (He's not a MSTie, so the story goes.)

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

I think the Gamera set only came about because the Japanese company that own the big turtle licensed the home video rights to some American company, who then immediately licensed them to Shout. Apparently the Japanese company wasn't happy with that.

I don't think Sandy Frank had anything to do with it (especially since his other MST3K films are still available)

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Don't think I've seen this mentioned here, but somebody is doing hi res redubs of mst3k movies on YouTube, where they sync up the riff audio AND re-splice in removed scenes. I watched Soultaker last night and it was fantastic. Looks like they're up to a dozen or so. Search for mst3k cinema edition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG33uJGzvQ4

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
when you say 're-splice in removed scenes' does that include the rape scenes that were taken out of at least one episode (I can't recall which)

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

flatluigi posted:

when you say 're-splice in removed scenes' does that include the rape scenes that were taken out of at least one episode (I can't recall which)

The Sidehackers

Hopefully Volume XL will be sooner than later if this is the case.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
sidehackers doesn't appear to be on the playlist of 73 episodes that the person has remastered, thankfully

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0OWWbUlGv8Zb14I1N9FcL_NKJL2xGSek

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Having seen the unedited Time Chasers which featured a super racist cabbie, in some cases I'm content for the edits to remain.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!

flatluigi posted:

Sidehackers hasn't been released as far as I know, but the nudity in Deathstalker and the Warriors from Hell and The Beast of Yucca Flats has been restored in all it's gratuitous glory.

The latter film being especially gratuitous in a way only Coleman Francis could manage.

SolarFire2 fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Nov 5, 2019

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Davros1 posted:

I think the Gamera set only came about because the Japanese company that own the big turtle licensed the home video rights to some American company, who then immediately licensed them to Shout. Apparently the Japanese company wasn't happy with that.

Japanese studios are notoriously fickle about loaning out the rights to their old sci-fi films nowadays, especially when they're openly used for mockery purposes, so it wouldn't surprise me if whoever owns the rights back in Japan wasn't keen to re-up the initial deal that enabled the MST3K set once it expired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

SolarFire2 posted:

Sidehackers hasn't been released as far as I know, but the nudity in Deathstalker and the Warriors from Hell and The Beast of Yucca Flats has been restored in all it's gratuitous glory.

The latter film being especially gratuitous in a way only Coleman Francis could manage.

I don't really consider this a plus.