Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Switchblade Jay White (C) vs. Hirooki Goto for the IWGP Intercontinental Championship - NJPW Power Struggle 3/11

That ending :stonk:

2nd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Power struggle was very solid. All these are from power struggle 3/11

HM: KENTA v Ishii
MOTYC : Ospreay v Bushi
HM : Jay v Goto

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: KENTA vs. Tomohiro Ishii, NJPW Power Struggle, 03/11
HM: Jay White vs. Hirooki Goto, NJPW Power Struggle, 03/11

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

RealFoxy posted:

HM: Yuka Sakazaki vs Shoko Nakajima from DDT Ultimate Party Nov 3rd

nth.

HM: Antonio Honda and Miyu vs Kenny Omega and Riho from DDT ultimate party nov 3rd

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

ItohRespectArmy posted:

nth.

HM: Antonio Honda and Miyu vs Kenny Omega and Riho from DDT ultimate party nov 3rd
Second as well, the tag match doesn't exactly stand because it's full of Kenny and Honda's old spots they haven't used in a long time (Especially Kenny pulling out his old spots from pre-NJPW)

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

second

ItohRespectArmy posted:

nth.

second

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

nth the HMs for Yuka/Shoko and Kenny & Riho/Honda & Miyu

MOTYC: Konosuke Takeshita vs. HARASHIMA for the KO-D Openweight & DDT Extreme Championship - Ultimate Party (11/3)

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

MOTYC: Yuka Sakazaki vs. Shoko Nakajima, DDT Ultimate Party 11/3

HM: Pretty much every other match on the main card, minus the UWA World 6-Man tag match, DDT Ultimate Party 11/3

Just gotta go with my gut feelings here. It’s 5:30 in the morning and I’m not going to bother listing out every goddamn match on the card for the HM, but this is a show that is absolutely worth going out of your way to see, and is probably my show of the year overall.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Adding my vote to:
HM: Rika Tatsumi and Miu Watanabe vs Sakisama and Misao, DDT Ultimate Party 2019, 3rd November 2019
HM: Antonio Honda and Miyu vs Kenny Omega and Riho from DDT Ultimate Party Nov 3rd
MOTYC: Konosuke Takeshita vs. HARASHIMA for the KO-D Openweight & DDT Extreme Championship - Ultimate Party (11/3)

Had a real fun time watching the show, glad I stayed up. Even if I missed most of the build, Takeshita was such a dick during the match that I was rabid to see HARA knee him to death.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

too much wrestling these 24 hours.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

nth, match was incredible.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

PublicOpinion posted:

Adding my vote to:
HM: Rika Tatsumi and Miu Watanabe vs Sakisama and Misao, DDT Ultimate Party 2019, 3rd November 2019
HM: Antonio Honda and Miyu vs Kenny Omega and Riho from DDT Ultimate Party Nov 3rd

Had a real fun time watching the show, glad I stayed up. Even if I missed most of the build, Takeshita was such a dick during the match that I was rabid to see HARA knee him to death.

Nth these

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Apologies in advance to J-RU cause there are a shitload of matches on this list.

jesus WEP posted:

MOTYC: Will Ospreay vs Bushi, Power Struggle 2019 3rd November

Rarity posted:

HM: Jay White vs. Hirooki Goto, NJPW Power Struggle, 03/11[/b]

Super No Vacancy posted:

MOTYC: kenta vs tomohiro ishii power struggle 11/3

PublicOpinion posted:

Chris James 2 posted:

HM: Effy vs Shlak, GCW Halloween Frightfest 10/28

Takuan posted:

HM: Chris Dickinson vs That CZW Geek, GCW Halloween Frightfest 10/28

Chris James 2 posted:

MOTYC: Alex Zayne vs Rich Swann, GCW Halloween Frightfest 10/28

Chris James 2 posted:

HM: Shotzi Blackheart vs Jimmy Lloyd, GCW Halloween Frightfest 10/28

Von Linus posted:

MOTYC: Jordan Devlin vs. David Starr at OTT's Fifth Year Anniversary 10/26

NTH to all these. It really has been an absolutely tremendous week for good pro wrestling no matter what you're into.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Power Struggle:

MOTYC: Ishii vs KENTA
HM: Bushi vs Will "The Thrill" Ospreay
HM: Goto vs Jay White

Gedo got the most distance on a ref pull I've ever seen. The ref ended up like 10 feet out of ring while Gedo was out of sight.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

Power Struggle:

MOTYC: Ishii vs KENTA
HM: Bushi vs Will "The Thrill" Ospreay

Gedo got the most distance on a ref pull I've ever seen. The ref ended up like 10 feet out of ring while Gedo was out of sight.

Which made Gino's heel call of 'HE FELL' especially funny.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Power Struggle Nominations:

HM: Ishii vs KENTA
HM: Bushi vs Will Ospreay

Decent show with some good matches (and one fantastic return), but man did it drag in spots.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

PublicOpinion posted:

MOTYC: Yuka Sakazaki vs Shoko Nakajima from DDT Ultimate Party Nov 3rd

Nth

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Old NJPW noms:

MOTYC: Taiji Ishimori vs. Dragon Lee, Wrestling Dontaku (5/3)
MOTYC: SANADA vs. Kazuchika Okada, Wrestling Dontaku (5/4)
MOTYC: Dragon Lee vs. SHO, Best of the Super Juniors (5/15)
MOTYC: Rocky Romero vs. Will Ospreay, Best of the Super Juniors (5/16)

HM: EVIL vs. Tomohiro Ishii, Wrestling Dontaku (5/4)

Fad
Nov 13, 2002

I dont care.

Von Linus posted:

MOTY- Jordan Devlin vs. David Starr at OTT's Fifth Year Anniversary. Culmination of 18 months or thereabouts of incredibly storytelling.

Nth. That video package alone, goddamn.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MOTYC: KENTA vs Ishii
HM:Bushi vs Will Ospreay

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
e: nvm see post below!

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Nov 4, 2019

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

fadmonkey posted:

Nth. That video package alone, goddamn.

Just to point out some of the things you could miss in the long term story:

David Starr trod on the WWE belt at a show, when wrestling Walter, making him a face for that moment.

After that, Jordan came down to stop Starr cheating to win, which meant that the crowd weren't the crowd that got to see Starr finally win after 25 or so tries against Walter. That turned Jordan heel against even though Jordan was right.

Jordan missed a show (he was probably never booked but he was on the poster) and then tweeted a picture of him on the same date at a boardgame convention for WWE.

Jordan started wrestling younger OTT wrestlers and started doing amore brutal style against them.

David Starr came out to the match wearing the same outfit that Devlin wore when he won the title in the stadium.

Really a DVD should be done for the whole thing.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
Dragon Gate
4th November
The Gate of Destiny
Open The Brave Gate Championship
Susumu Yokosuka vs Kaito Ishida

Another really good Yokosuka title match. It's been a lowkey but excellent reign.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
big japan was astonishing, i dont know how you watch it but please do so

HM: Jake Lee & Naoya Nomura vs Kazumi Kikuta & Ryuichi Kawakami, BJW Ryogoku 11/4
HM: Strong Hearts (El Lindaman, Shigehiro Irie & T-Hawk) vs. Fuminori Abe, Hideyoshi Kamitani & Takuya Nomura, BJW Ryogoku 11/4
HM: BJW Junior Heavyweight Title Four Way Elimination Match - Yuya Aoki (c) vs. Kota Sekifuda vs. TAJIRI vs. Tatsuhiko Yoshino, BJW Ryogoku 11/4
MOTYC: Daisuke Sekimoto & WALTER vs. Yuji Hino & Yuji Okabayashi, BJW Ryogoku 11/4
HM: Ryuji Ito & Takashi Sasaki vs. Jun Kasai & Toshiyuki Sakuda, BJW Ryogoku 11/4
MOTYC: BJW Death Match Heavyweight Title 4 Board Giga Ladder Death Match - Isami Kodaka (c) vs. Yuko Miyamoto, BJW Ryogoku 11/4

i also really liked the Strong BJ title match (Kohei Sato (c) vs. Daichi Hashimoto) but feel like i'm not versed enough in the style to really know if it was HM-worthy.

the junior match might actually be my favorite, i was... surprised to discover big japan even had a junior belt (and division?) but holy moly it was good

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
Dragon Gate
4th November
The Gate of Destiny
Open The Dream Gate Championship
Ben-K vs Masato Yoshino

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Birds of Prey vs. Volador Jr. and Titan, NJPW Road to Power Struggle, 19/10

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
All of these matches are from DDT Ultimate Party 2019 from the 3rd November. Going to nominate a lot but hell it was a great show!

MOTYC: Ironman Heavymetalweight Delayed Entry Battle Royal

DDT are widely known for their comedy and while that isn't everything they do - and for these big shows even a fraction of what they do - it is usually very good. From the pre-match video satire of the WWE 24/7 title (really a callback to the titles roots as a pastiche of the WWE Hardcore Title; with no one at the time thinking it'd last the best part of 20 years but isn't that the story of DDT in a nutshell) resulting in two title changes before the match started with SHOTA being pinned by a chair, which was also being pinned by another chair; to Kazuki Hirata's early match run working with two inanimate objects (Yoshihiko was entrant 3) and then with the Pokotan, the DDT mascot, to Yuki Kamifuku accidentally becoming Ironman Champion by posing on the chair, to the glorious ending with Glorious Matsuno singing at the same time as wrestling, eliminating and throwing out others with his eventual loss to Hirata being timed exactly with the three count coming at the moment the last note of the song played: it was as good a comedy battle royal as you could get.

HM: Keisuke Ishii vs Fuminori Abe

Prior to this show I had never seen a minute of Ganbare Pro; I've seen Ishii in DDT and not knowingly ever seen Abe wrestle, so this match was a pleasant surprise. Just a very very good seven minute match: paced brilliantly and it felt like it ended at the exact right time which is often hard to do for a shorter match if people perhaps expect it to go longer.

HM: K-OD Tag Title Four Way Hardcore Match

This is a match full of great high level talent who didn't have a role elsewhere on a stacked card hence this match. Slotted between an emotional Princess Tag Title that I've already nominated; this was just a great hardcore brawl of the sort that DDT do regularly; but to a higher level. Plenty of "oh poo poo someone is going to die" moments; a load of crazy bumps, and ending with a clear, conclusive victory (often rare in these things) with Daisuke Sasaki hitting Daiki Shimomura in the head with a guitar while standing on a table propped between two ladders; before hitting the pedigree onto the table (and that gently caress that table didn't break) before submitting him with the cross-face. Great crazy match; the perfect thing to have between before the intermission.

HM: Masahiro Takanashi vs Ryuichi Sekine

I have also never ever watched a BASARA show in my life and my knowledge of them is random BASARA people showing up on DDT shows, and I don't think I've ever seen Sekine wrestle before - or at least if I have it didn't stay with me. Takanashi is one of the most underrated wrestlers in Japan: able to do straight wrestling and comedy in both big shows like this and also on tiny mat shows with Gatoh Move: with a large variety of different opponents. The crowd wasn't very reactive (possibly this being the first post-intermission match meaning that people weren't back yet, possibly it being BASARA, possibly just it being in hour four of a show with three big matches left) but I don't think that's on these dudes really. It was just a good mostly technical match; with a shock ending as Takanashi manages to steal the UNION Max title away from BASARA two months before they split from the DDT Group. If that's typical of a BASARA match then I'm interested in seeing more now since it was very fun.

MOTYC: Shoko Nakajima vs Yuka Sakazaki

Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling was started six years ago as one of those weird experiments that DDT do: no one ever expected it to become a proper Joshi promotion and honestly on foundation it wasn't meant to. It recruited people from some rather random spots and did shows that were more idol performances with pro wrestling matches rather than actual pro wrestling events. The shows didn't even always have a ring; mat shows were common in early Tokyo Joshi and while mat shows are great fun, they're not exactly a sign that you are doing well. There also hasn't been a women's title match by a Japanese promotion within Sumo Hall for six years: even since the one off Stardom Sumo Hall show that became a farewell show for Yuzuki Aikawa (which, ironically, was bolstered by DDT talent on the undercard including Kota Ibushi and Michael Nakazawa). Since DDT realised what they potential had they've been building for years to this moment; all of those random pre-show offer matches and appearances by TJPW wrestlers in mixed matches or battle royals (including on this show!) was all really building to this: a big Princess of Princess Title match on the top end of the biggest DDT show of the year; the biggest TJPW match in history.

And it was also the best TJPW match ever - at least the best I've ever seen. A battle of two pillars of the company; two people who basically started with the promotion, who've been career long partners but also career long rivals: who've grown and developed along with the promotion they wrestle for. Yuka was looking to regain the POP title and really avenge what happened last time: she is the only person to hold that title that failed to successfully defend it in the first defence and that is something that she knows about.. I think all of that history really helps this match: this isn't just a random match: but something that really has been years in the making on all sides and the wrestlers involved in the match really knew it. It was a back and forth battle with almost everything: some good mat wrestling at the start; some great high spots in the middle; and overall it was paced very quickly as a good Joshi main event tends to be. There was also this intensity that made it feel like a big fight as well: none of those little funny mannerisms and character moments that got Sakazaki over big in Japan and recently in the US were there and nor should they have been: this was a serious match and there was no time for that stuff. The crowd - a lot of whom probably hadn't come to the show to see this match - were into it by the end and if coming off of this show Tokyo Joshi haven't made some new fans then it wasn't for lack of trying. The emotion at the end also really added to it: by the end Yuka was crying, Mizuki (her current tag team partner, who she'd had a decent length Tag Titles run with earlier this year) was crying, Shoko Nakajima was crying; I was crying: I think everyone was. Easy match of the night without putting any thought - you could nitpick and point out minor issues but they don't detract from the match and things like that with a match like this are sort of missing the forest for the trees.

MOTYC: Antonio Honda and Miyu Yamashita vs Kenny Omega and Riho

Sometimes a match surprises you, when in hindsight it really shouldn't have. This is one of those matches for me. I always expected it to be good: but to get this great a match from this I didn't expect even though it was silly not to. From the start this crowd was massively into this match: Kenny Omega was massively over as you'd expect for someone coming back to what was their home promotion after five years where he became a much bigger star (the reaction to Dr Wily starting to play, and the massive amount of streamers is proof of that): but the other three people in this match were hardly unpopular: Honda is the best comedy wrestler in the world and beloved by DDT fans, Miyu Yamashita is the ace of Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling and because of that she's featured a lot on DDT proper shows: and Riho has a long history with DDT plus going to America and instantly winning a major Women's Champion is something that always gets you over.

This match was everything you could want from this sort of semi-main event match. Although it looked like they were going to go very comedy heavy early they really didn't: Kenny brought back the STOP Enziguri and you of course had Gon the Fox and other standard Honda stuff but other than that it was a very good mixed tag match with some great comedy: the sort that DDT do better than anyone else in the world. Exchanges between Riho and Miyu Yamashita that made me really want to see a singles match between the two; Antonio Honda a couple of times a year will click into his big match mode which shows that he can go with anyone; some really good and creative double team moves with Riho and Kenny; and also the sections of the match that had Miyu and Kenny against each other made me really want AEW to do inter gender matches: if its done like DDT then its not something that should be a problem. Just a very very fun match: and not one that you'd see anywhere else.

Plus Kenny wore his pink gear that matches with Riho's which automatically makes this a great match.

MOTYC: HARASHIMA vs Konosoke Takeshita

Not going as in-depth on this one: for those who don't know this is sort of DDTs Tanahashi/Okada equivalent with HARASHIMA as the ageing ace and Takeshita as the young person challenging for her spot (although he's not been accepted by DDTs fans at that level really). Not at the level of the prior two matches for me (has that big mens title match issue of starting slow and having bits that don't seem to play into anything although the mat wrestling early was good): but it really picked up towards the end. They really played up HARASHIMAs back being a weakness after the angles they did leading to the match (Takeshita beat him twice before this show with the Walls; once by submission, the other by corner stoppage) with a few big submission spots that worked. Watching live I was tired and count out on the matches before so I didn't see the finish coming but I didn't think HARASHIMA would win: it worked though and that was a live thing I think. Great match to end a great show - but not the best match on the card.

All in all: DDT Ultimate Party 2019 was my 2019 Show of the year by a fairly long way: even above these matches nothing was bad: and the stuff that didn't hit was at least decent. A real feel good show as well: the very emotional TJPW matches, Kenny's return and HARASHIMA surprisingly toppling Takeshita before bringing everyone back to the ring for a big sendoff.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dragon Gate - Gate of Destiny 11/4

HM: Shun Skywalker and Masaaki Mochizuki vs. YAMATO and Kzy

Teams were decided by lot, but any combination would have been killer. Really fun tag match with lots of personality, at least as good as like half the AEW tags that get nominated.

MOTYC: Open the Brave Gate Championship - Yokosuka Susumu vs. Kaito Ishida

This match had like, six different moves total and it was absolutely phenomenal. Perfectly executed story and emotion, and I feel like any match that manages to get people in the audience to weep with joy is probably a MOTYC. Also a great end to Susumu's reign, which was like, the perfect mid-card title reign.

MOTYC: Open the Dream Gate Championship - Ben-K vs. Masato Yoshino

Hell of a war that showcased on of Dragon Gate's best strengths, with long-term booking and their ability to call back to poo poo in a satisfactory way that heightens the drama of their matches. And this match was pretty much all high drama. Ben-K worked like hell to show the difference between challenger Ben-K and Champion Ben-K.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Nov 5, 2019

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
These are HMs from RoH's Masters of the Craft held on 4/14:

Bandido vs. Caristico vs. Flip Gordon vs. PJ Black
Jay Lethal & Jonathan Gresham vs. Mark Haskins & Tracy Williams
Matt Taven, TK O'Ryan & Vinny Marseglia vs. Brody King, Marty Scurll & PCO

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

HM: Mayu Iwatani vs Bea Priestley (c) for the World of Stardom Title, Nov. 4, 2019

This had some hiccups here and there, one in particular was enough to make me jump despite being spoiled by a gif earlier in the day, but everything around it was good. The post match was emotional, too.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM just for all the cool poo poo. JUST WATCH IT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdO3wMGEau0

Dinamico, Spyder Boy, Noise Boy & Aguila Oriental vs Mike, Teelo, Canibal & Voltrex from Arena San Juan Pantitlan

Not sure of the date, it won't make the list anyway.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

my new way of saying nth is "." if you want to see the lucha bros. version of a bullshit nothing match this is it. the bullshit is of a high quality and still features fenix doing his swank ropewalk & a poison rana

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The idea of any major company not using Dragon Lee because an old man thinks Negro Casas and Ultimo Guerrero should still be on top is baffling to me.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

MassRafTer posted:

Dinamico, Spyder Boy, Noise Boy & Aguila Oriental vs Mike, Teelo, Canibal & Voltrex from Arena San Juan Pantitlan

there was indeed quite a lot of cool poo poo in this including but not limited to a dropkick to a suspended rear end in a top hat. also the heel team colour coordinated & also the face team mostly did would have gone full MOTYC if that one rear end in a top hat had bothered to put blue tights on:

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

IceAgeComing posted:

MOTYC: Mei Suruga vs Lulu Pencil, Gatoh Move, 29th September 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpMu1NMX4xQ

i'll give it the HM.

Gatoh Move has English commentary why not? posted:

Lulu Pencil is entertaining to watch

this whole thing built so logically and they were getting huge heat (from a small crowd tbf)

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

IceAgeComing posted:

Holy poo poo I went long: but I just had a lot to say about this match: please give it a go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpMu1NMX4xQ

:laffo: I am so confused right now.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Punch McLightning posted:

MOTYC: Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Okabayashi vs. Shuji Ishikawa & Suwama, BJW To Was Gat Early (1/3) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGD9rDk9v_0

why are strong BJ not teaming anymore did they fall out? also good lord those are some torsos

HM: Kylie Rae vs. Tessa Blanchard, Zelo Pro Milwaukee Meltdown (1/4) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-oJnJkXj-Q

i watched this one a while ago but i think i forgot to nom it

IceAgeComing posted:

MOTY - the Rookies (Mikoto Shindo, Mei Hoshizuki, Maria) vs Grumpy Vets (Takumi Iroha, Nanae Takahashi, Sareee) 22/7 Marvelous show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viV75EHK_JI

HM for

HM: Soberano Jr. vs. Templario, CMLL on Marca (10/4)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6mPew0s3wE&t=2994s

Trying fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Nov 5, 2019

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MOTYC
8th October
Dragon Gate The Gate of Victory Night 5
Open The Dream Gate Championship
Ben-K (c) vs Masaaki Mochizuki

I have been eagerly waiting for a chance to see this and finally did and it's a loving rad.
Watch it: https://rutube.ru/video/8c5844df69829af5ac455f511d041ae8/?ref=search

MOTYC
26th October
OTT 5th Anniversary
OTT World Championship
Jordan Devlin (c) vs David Starr

This is a fight. Perfectly booked ending to a big feud, red hot crowd that aren't really ever quiet and are split maybe 65/35. The hometown champ has sold out and gone to WWE, the American poo poo stirrer has turned into the defender of independent wrestling. But all that wouldn't matter if the match fell flat, didn't deliver on the great build. It doesn't; it's a battle with great fire, great character moments, Devlin contemplates using his belt as a weapon while Starr calls him a capitalist pig and spits in his face.

I think this might be one of my very favourite matches of the year.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Nov 5, 2019

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

Two people have voted for it but I don't have a date to add to it to the list anywhere, if you can get me one I'll add it on, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Two people have voted for it but I don't have a date to add to it to the list anywhere, if you can get me one I'll add it on, thanks.

According to Lucha World it's 26/10