Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

So, finished as a smarty man with lots of logic, calculus and motorics and got what seemed like a pretty good ending, as much as anything is "good" in this game. Kim joined up, my old squad seemed to be able to tolerate me, I saw a 3m stick insect and only 6 or 7 people died. I also had like 200 Real thanks to the Wompty Dompty Dom center thought. .

What bugged me was that I didn't get the game dev backup out of the ice cream maker because I needed "super crowbar" so never finished the church stuff and I never completed my FALN tracksuit.

Sort of tried starting with Psy but can't decide if it's too similar to what I did before and I should just go full physical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

Psy has Empathy, Inland Empire, Esprit de Corps and Volition, so if you were low on those on your first playthrough, you definitely should have one run with them high because each of those have great moments distinct from anything in the Intellect branch. Pairs up nicely with Phys too, especially Shivers.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Yeah, my first playthrough was a kind of dumb PC (2/4/4/2) with the Signature in Visual Calculus and it went great. There was a nice sense that he was slowly putting himself back together as the game went on and the high Psyche was always great.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Perhaps a hamster posted:

Can you spoil which ones? Not sure if I'm having selective amnesia or somehow managed to miss them.

rene dies, the two skull wannabes beside kims car

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

Ah yes, wasn't sure if those happen on specific days or depending on quest progression. Thanks.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
the hardest decision in the game is PISSF****T or gently caress THE WORLD

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

Dreylad posted:

the hardest decision in the game is PISSF****T or gently caress THE WORLD

its only a hard decision because its the one time that Kim lets you down

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
I've played this game for 15 minutes and it is already the best game of all time.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Reverend Dr posted:

its only a hard decision because its the one time that Kim lets you down

The expansion (if they make one) better let you make Kim wear the Pissf****t jacket.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

thehoodie posted:

I've played this game for 15 minutes and it is already the best game of all time.

it remains consistently good and i love it

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Original stats were 5-1-2-4, smart and fast cop, now I'm 1-5-5-1, aka Shonen Cop

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I'm surprised how little Cops of the Apocalypse and Remote Viewers there are. I was thinking it would be a more common copotype

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
i love this game but the convos that wack you for 3 or 4 health are really annoying when they come out of nowhere

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I'm surprised how little Cops of the Apocalypse and Remote Viewers there are. I was thinking it would be a more common copotype

I guess people try to play it "straight" for their first playthrough, and Apocalypse cop is basically as far detached from reality as you can get. You come across as a bit deranged whenever you pick those answers.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

As a sorry communist, it's not surprising that a forum of mainly sorry communists would end up being mainly sorry communists

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

Million Ghosts posted:

i love this game but the convos that wack you for 3 or 4 health are really annoying when they come out of nowhere

I found you can at least eat the health items during chat which helps a lot. I feel like they originally made hp and morale a bigger deal considering I was running around at 9+ the whole time. I'm glad it isn't because the writing is the strength of this game and not the gameplay.

I really hope that Harry continues to see the fisherman lady especially since mine sobered up. They both sound like they had hard lives and deserve some happiness with each other.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

Buckwheat Sings posted:

I found you can at least eat the health items during chat which helps a lot. I feel like they originally made hp and morale a bigger deal considering I was running around at 9+ the whole time. I'm glad it isn't because the writing is the strength of this game and not the gameplay.

it's totally my own fault for not always buying more then healing is so cheap, it just sucks having to redo big convos and hope you get the same check results

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

So, finished as a smarty man with lots of logic, calculus and motorics and got what seemed like a pretty good ending, as much as anything is "good" in this game. Kim joined up, my old squad seemed to be able to tolerate me, I saw a 3m stick insect and only 6 or 7 people died. I also had like 200 Real thanks to the Wompty Dompty Dom center thought. .

What bugged me was that I didn't get the game dev backup out of the ice cream maker because I needed "super crowbar" so never finished the church stuff and I never completed my FALN tracksuit.

Sort of tried starting with Psy but can't decide if it's too similar to what I did before and I should just go full physical.

What does the wompty-dom center thought do?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

cool promotional poster of disco elysium

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I was a Cop of the Apocalypse my first time through.

And I was right :colbert:

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Has anyone tried a character with 9 pts in one attribute and 1s in everything else?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

chaosapiant posted:

Has anyone tried a character with 9 pts in one attribute and 1s in everything else?

6 points is the cap.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

uber_stoat posted:

6 points is the cap.

Ah, I didn’t realize that. My first play through was 2/6/2/2 so I was hoping for something a little more “extreme”.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I keep being indecisive on my builds but managing to die early anyway. I tried 4/4/2/2 to get the more mental based skills but died a combination of necktie retrieval and bright lights. But I think mixing one of the first two with one of the later two might give me more room for trying poo poo out in second/third playthroughs than having all the really thinky stuff competing in my brain at once.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I'm thinking of making a gang tag for this game. Any ideas?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

a fatguy baldspot posted:

I already kinda want to restart. help

Joke's on you I've already restarted again

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Palpek posted:

The white RCM rectangle maybe?

DISCO COPS?

Cuno's Crew?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Palpek posted:

Kim's Crew
Communist Cops

Any combination of words that scroll back and forth between them and The Expression in the mirror

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Palpek posted:

Piss******

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Palpek posted:

PISSF****TS

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Kitsuragi’s Pinball Heroes

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Whatever gang tag you make sign me the hell up

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

featureless white rectangle

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Palpek posted:

FURIES

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Palpek posted:

HARDCORE CREW

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I would say Harry's Harriers but I don't think it's right to spoil anything about this game.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
a gif of I LOVE CUNO burning

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

MEASUREHEADS FAILED HAPLOGROUPS

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

chaosapiant posted:

Kitsuragi’s Pinball Heroes

This

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Palpek posted:

SADFM