Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Manuel Calavera posted:

I have enough browser game stuff to play, but I'll be watching this thread. Fight the good fight, goons. This is fascinating to read and watch.

Describe enough?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
NGU Idle, which I also found from a banner ad. Also phone games, and Ring Fit on the Switch.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Manuel Calavera posted:

I have enough browser game stuff to play, but I'll be watching this thread. Fight the good fight, goons. This is fascinating to read and watch.

Ahí te guacho

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Why are they all choosing pet food options? :ohdear:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

P&W goons: Doing in 2 months what CN goons took 7 years to do

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Lmao

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

Aesculus posted:

P&W goons: Doing in 2 months what CN goons took 7 years to do

In our modern age the TTDF has never been lower

something something hypernormalisation

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

Why are they all choosing pet food options? :ohdear:

Everything about this is loving incredible. Thank you.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
It still blows my mind each time someone passes over the 800 word essay for random pet food.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
800 words is what, 7 pages? Who has time for that?

:eng99:

Erev
Jun 9, 2013

Solumin posted:

800 words is what, 7 pages? Who has time for that?

:eng99:

Like two... maybe two and a half? Double spaced?

Dog Pipes
Jan 17, 2015

I've been embargoed by a pair of shitlords:

Romaveka: id -178717 and Prometheus: id - 59381

I'm currently away for the weekend and have sketchy access to discord and P&W. What should I do in this situation? Can anyone help?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Dog Pipes posted:

I've been embargoed by a pair of shitlords:

Romaveka: id -178717 and Prometheus: id - 59381

I'm currently away for the weekend and have sketchy access to discord and P&W. What should I do in this situation? Can anyone help?

Random embargoes are almost always baseball related and can safely be ignored.

If you actually want to know why then:
Basically some people get upset when the collector comes for their fee from profiting off goons clicking buttons and so failure to pay gets them embargoed which stops their ability to play in goonball. This sometimes results in the embargoed individuals getting upset and embargoing back. For some reason. It has no effect on you unless you're goonballing and in that case it's a good thing because you won't waste clicks on people who won't pay anyways.

Writing this explanation just made me realize how dumb baseball is in this game

Dog Pipes
Jan 17, 2015

Right. Jesus christ.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

The next global war is going to be over baseball, and we're going to make the opposing alliance leaders eat pet food

Erev
Jun 9, 2013

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

The next global war is going to be over baseball, and we're going to make the opposing alliance leaders eat pet food

If it isn't called the dong wars I will be very, very disappointed.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Rynoto posted:

Writing this explanation just made me realize how dumb baseball is in this game

If Alex ever hired a professional game dev for consulting work, baseball alone would make them throw a fit. PnW is a case study in poorly thought out game systems.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

super sweet best pal posted:

If Alex ever hired a professional game dev for consulting work, baseball alone would make them throw a fit. PnW is a case study in poorly thought out game systems.

You mean it's not good for a game's economy to let enfranchised players generate money out of thin air?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

TVsVeryOwn posted:

You mean it's not good for a game's economy to let enfranchised players generate money out of thin air?

And also how an ad hoc tipping culture needed to form around away games because there's no incentive to do it.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
the best feeling in the world is seeing someone attacked a goon, attacking the attacker, and getting pinged on discord by two other people who also attacked the attacker :allears: I straight up saw someone lose 400+ airplanes and get blockaded within ten minutes of attacking a goon. It's incredible watching an entire game fall to it's knees because a dedicated group of people understands lovely game mechanics and really loving hates nazis.

fart store
Jul 6, 2018

probably nobody knows
im the fattest man
maybe nobody even
people have told me
and its not me saying this
my gut
my ass
its huge
my whole body
and i have been told
did you know this
not many know this
im gonna let you in on this
some say
[inhale loudly]
im the hugest one.
many people dont know that

Danaru posted:

the best feeling in the world is seeing someone attacked a goon, attacking the attacker, and getting pinged on discord by two other people who also attacked the attacker :allears: I straight up saw someone lose 400+ airplanes and get blockaded within ten minutes of attacking a goon. It's incredible watching an entire game fall to it's knees because a dedicated group of people understands lovely game mechanics and really loving hates nazis.

I was the guy who got attacked and you guys saved my bacon. Playing with goons is the only way to go.
Also all that stuff in the OP about being in the discord is for real. I only just got really on it this weekend and that's where 90% of the stuff happens and where 100% of the fun is.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Finally! A pubbie who didn't want to eat pet food!

Oh, wait. :ohdear:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1opyNl70oaHMZm9pIA4j9mS8oKT1uDBmw5A2WrDVKrn4/

Madtrixr decided he would complete this pubbie's term just because this is good propaganda against Arrgh.

Also, we're moving to our own domain, I'll update the older links today.

https://markets.goons.cx/

https://wiki.goons.cx/

I'll be working on getting the baseball data online this week. It's looking like the war should be ending sooner rather than later, so we can focus on growth and setting up our fash bash party.

fart store posted:

I was the guy who got attacked and you guys saved my bacon. Playing with goons is the only way to go.
Also all that stuff in the OP about being in the discord is for real. I only just got really on it this weekend and that's where 90% of the stuff happens and where 100% of the fun is.

169% of the fun. :colbert:

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

169% of the fun. :colbert:

420% of the gay

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

Madtrixr decided he would complete this pubbie's term just because this is good propaganda against Arrgh.

Hi hello.

Here is my essay which is wordy and probably self-indulgent but at least has SOME thought and effort put into it https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uXYFoonXMUHevgCpbUAktB_fm2THdb_k9wvviIs_uJw/edit

Rather than being something that even my lazy 7th grader self wouldnt have made if I quarter assed a paper

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

anyone post this yet? https://twitter.com/loxodonian/status/1190914856351936512

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

I showed it to jerkdotwat and he said he'd name the next tournament after it :honk:

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.
When "BLACK Lives Matter" took over the color name, I'm pretty sure it was at ~110 votes with two other names both above 100. I looked now because I was curious if they were pushing to take the name back. We have 114 votes and the next two are 53 and 43.

Am I missing something or is this really a case of white flight?

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

jjack229 posted:

When "BLACK Lives Matter" took over the color name, I'm pretty sure it was at ~110 votes with two other names both above 100. I looked now because I was curious if they were pushing to take the name back. We have 114 votes and the next two are 53 and 43.

Am I missing something or is this really a case of white flight?

Shortly after we took over the color name, there was an update to "clear out invalid votes" (from players who had left or changed colors). We theorize that people complained to Alex, accusing us of cheating somehow. Turns out, all our votes were valid and a bunch of the other votes weren't.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Ditocoaf posted:

Shortly after we took over the color name, there was an update to "clear out invalid votes" (from players who had left or changed colors). We theorize that people complained to Alex, accusing us of cheating somehow. Turns out, all our votes were valid and a bunch of the other votes weren't.

I would assume that this is what happened.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Goons really are a massive force multiplier; wouldn't surprise me to learn that e-honour raids and duels were the norm before we showed up. Our coordinated dogpiling is just chainsawing through months-old nations and alliances with packs of days-or-weeks old Goon nations.

Starting as a 2 city anklebiter nation can be insanely profitable; I raided over 120M in the first 3 weeks.

Being on discord is a must; may as well be playing solo without it.

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

Ditocoaf posted:

Ok, thanks. That makes more sense. I thought whole alliances had left the color bloc to avoid BLM.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
I'm just going to leave this here without context:

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Rynoto posted:

I'm just going to leave this here without context:

:facepalm:

This is why chemists drink.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Ah yes that famous alloy composed of several different elements.

Aluminium.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
We ended up having everyone in the chat put corncob emojis to everything he said

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

wait, that's so close, hold on let me...

Aluminum is compound
It's more flexible
Than it's solid components

There we go.

fart store
Jul 6, 2018

probably nobody knows
im the fattest man
maybe nobody even
people have told me
and its not me saying this
my gut
my ass
its huge
my whole body
and i have been told
did you know this
not many know this
im gonna let you in on this
some say
[inhale loudly]
im the hugest one.
many people dont know that
a pubbie inquires about membership

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Let's not forget that guy we attacked, turned to rubble, then they reset their Nation, and then tried to make the black block a racial slur; then they tried again when their hand was slapped and the they tried again and got permananned.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

:ohdear:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I can't believe they keep picking the grossout food options.